Blacklist Suggestion

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Was wondering if mid/exc got one, for the bad behaving people out there?
A list for those who cant follow normal ingame rules would help alot, dont ya' think?

....My suggestions is starting one "sticky" BL thread in here, if people whant (and why not, can remove some of the rodden people, that can be in way for the fun) ^^
I meen for real.. If one dude run over rules many times, he'll be banned from any raids/groups etc for life or a period of time?!? ...

...Wont say any names, but I had a bad bad bad experience today... that dude was 100% BL client...

.. What do you think? :m00:

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
who decides the rules?

There has been a lot og whining about artifact stealing (which wasn't stealthing but rather grapping it infront of others which have been waiting for the chance). Those people that lost the artifact might want to see those that took em on the list but that wouldn be fair as it has in some cases been fair game....

Just something that needs to be considered before making such list :)

Stranger

Fledgling Freddie
Personal attacks will not be tolerated, if you use the forums to wage virtual war you aren't just a very sad individual who probably likes to bash the bishop to streaming goat pr0n but you will also not be welcome here.

CoC of forums.. actually I've read somewhere that FH is against name and shame :p

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Well the rules should be planned very good, and that kinda stuff..

!!!! Why not make a good solid BL ? With fair rules etc. !!!!!

CANT BE SERVED WITH STEALER/LAMERS/MORON's etc. :(

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Btw this is not ment as a "personal attack" or "virtual war" thread... LoL...

No flaming / biting etc.
Just plain blacklisting.. (with vote's etc)..
Giivf... :twak:

Fom-FTW

Fledgling Freddie
so then a couple of people decide, break these rules and then we will never invite you to raid and never talk to you ingame?

doesnt seem fair, all people can make mistake, people can change and people are people.

and with these rules there would come a judge i pressume?

and the judge have the power to destroy the game for a person who pays 12euro every month to trying to have fun.

Goa is getting paid for doing this and imo they are doing a good work.
if you ask me i think a BL would only benifit the old school people, the people who play everyday 8hours+ that doesnt have a job and it would destroy the game for the others. the people who might not be a good as them or be a 1337 as them that is doing a mistake or something. if a matter comes up, just like the one between me and herjulf would the judge be personal and taking sides with his friends? or judge going after evidence? or would it be i know that guy would never say that and then the other one if Blacklisted forever

the goa is the neutral judge in the game and has been a fair one for that matter.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry.. but I just dont think this will work.
have to agree with Olgaline.

With votes? who will vote? What group trusted by everyone will maintain this list?

Better to keep your own private list with who you like and cant like.. (and of course report everyone who violoates GOAs rules).

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Well the BL will only ban people doing extreme things like Stealing items etc.
Those kinda people can't change, those kinda person's dont wanna change..

And whats the fush about makin the game "maybe a little less fun, for those who like to steal and in other way's act wird"?

What is best for GoA.. that 1rodden egg @ 12euro maybe leaves game, or something like that... And GoA aint doing squad against these lamers..

Or xxOther dudes that just can't take rodden people? ..

,,, Yes maybe this is to hard, but with lotsa work I still think it could improve the game _ALOT_ ,,,

Fom-FTW

Fledgling Freddie
stealing is ofc a big violation against moral but you can never be forced to put your items in a trade window, have youre personal hate list instead. no need to make it public i dont like this guy.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Go on... :p

Fact is: personal hatelists doesnt change anything.. Need something bigger.

Fom-FTW

Fledgling Freddie
i cant see it helping the realm more than making more internal wars, which we have enough of

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Good point :mad:

Just can't see a end on the extreme lamers, other then banning them, blacklisting, or beat them up irl... :m00:

AngryKid

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
Go on... :p

Fact is: personal hatelists doesnt change anything.. Need something bigger.
Why do you need something bigger? All you actually need is name and shame on BW, and the person has gotten all the credit he/she will ever need. A blacklist will only lead to others making the same list, where YOU are in it, thus destroying your reputation etc. For what reasons? Well, you have to come up with one for the ones in your list, he/she does the same to you, and there you have it going..

Who's to say that he/she will get on your list? the persons who roam FH, or the persons actually playing the game? I know alot ALOT of peeps who ain't on FH and posting, but plays the game more than me. They won't take a part of the blacklisting issue.

PS: on a personal note, I hate such things. Not that I'm such a jackass myself, but I hate the fact that people can't seem to make up their own mind about one person, they have to read/hear it from someone else first, then make their decision made upon the others opinions..

In my world, name and shame of the persons are enough, if you wish, even use /as in your guild, and inform your guildmates. Have a blacklist in your guild, cause if you do it on a public forum, one way or the other, someone will put your name up for vote, and you seem like a stand up kinda guy, but some peeps might not like your face, thus you are blacklisted..

(not talking about the original poster here, since I don't know him in game or anything, just on a random point of view.)

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Personal hatelists doesn't change anything, because of? Because you ain't running the raids, that you want others banned from? Tbh, I think that those who's leading raids, is quite capable of banning people from their raids themself, without needing you to help them (while being on a personal crusade yourself).

Fom-FTW

Fledgling Freddie
if there was a judge or a couple of judges that would have decide if me or herjulf was being BL for the play of the stolen artifact, im dead sure i would be the one who got BL, and that would really fucked me up, playing daoc way to much the last 2 years but its fun and i wanna keep playing it. but i would be BL if it was a "trial" and the reason it because people seems to believe in herjulf because they "know" him. i geuss from the start you would BL some thiefs or some jerks who is destroying the game seriously for other but later on if there was a court then they would likely to be the ones who in the end say, in the game of dark age or camelot, i found you guilty of artifact theft and here by convict you to 6month of totally freeze out. which means nobody is to speak to this person. kind of like the third grade in school when the kid who isnt like all the other kids is a kid not worthy of having friends.

i dont think either me or herjulf is worthy this punishment, i cant think of anyone on exc really who has been bad enough for it.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
hmm...

1) I wont come on a list that can dmg me. :kissit:
2) Ragnafrid doesnt care at all, if hes name gets mensioned here ;)

Herjulf

Banned
Personally i think a blacklist is a suitable punishment, atleast a timestamped one, in which the slate is cleaned after let us say 3 months.

Alot of friggin crackheads turn up on raids, people who refuse to obey the rules laid up by raid leaders.
People who behave poorly duing lotto and so on

We have very few ways of "punishment" in DAOC.
We cant turn on the offender slap him around, its not pvp etc.

So blacklist for poor behaviour during raids, is a good idea imo.

Reasons for blacklist should be:

Undermining the "superiority" of the raid leader, by said what leader should do and not do if asked not to.
AFK:ing - one of the strongest reasons imo, they have no business on a raid if AFK, and absolutely not to lotto at the end.
bad behaviour language wise, or raid "discipline" wise, like talking to NPC´s even though raid leaders say not to, destroying it for the rest of the people.
or running ahead of raid pulling mobs if not asked to do so.
ITEM theft, friea is the expert on that. But it shure is a shure blacklist if theft occurs during raid if person logs with an item.
Well use your imagination.

Edit: oh and it should be raid related only, no grudge shit. Just because i rather tongue kiss a dog then shake hand with friea dont mean a BL on raids should come out of it, it tells nothing how hte person would behave on raids. It should strictly related to unwanted bahaviour during raids.

It is good for everyone, and will make raids more fun for everyone as people do what needs to be done. And dont mess it up for everyone else.

Fom-FTW

Fledgling Freddie
so you still claim i am a thief on another thread even though if you ask pleax , and the guys in vintergatan that you lied about it, you dont consider taking it back at all when people can witness that you have been stating false information on purpose herjulf, and for the item stealing....

you dont consider it being a thief coming to an encounter and then just start it even though its camped?

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Amen m8 ! :clap:

No personal 1on1 blacklisting ofc :cheers:

....What pissed me off today was Ragnafrid "or something like that" was leader of a mg group... He pissed on the list and letted a friend join wenn it was my turn (I was nr1 sm on list, in 2hours..)... I would like to see "pl raids" ;P getting a BL section to imo..

Aye, its not as important as ML/artis raids etc.. But can also kill the game..

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Archon said:
Amen m8 ! :clap:

No personal 1on1 blacklisting ofc :cheers:

....What pissed me off today was Ragnafrid "or something like that" was leader of a mg group... He pissed on the list and letted a friend join wenn it was my turn (I was nr1 sm on list, in 2hours..)... I would like to see "pl raids" ;P getting a BL section to imo..

Aye, its not as important as ML/artis raids etc.. But can also kill the game..

Funny that you forget mentioning that you dragged mobs into our pbaoe. Not to mention, that you kept harrassing me with pm's, despite my /AFK message clearly stated that people should just leave me alone. That I actually did explain to you, why you wouldn't get the spot (had one sm talking to me not long after I made the group, before I found out that Reketir had made a list), even went as far as to apologize for that misunderstanding.

However, first and foremost, you forget: It was MY group!

... tbh, I don't really care about you, go ahead and whine as much as you want - or why don't you not just report me to GOA, like you threatened with? Would actually appreciate if you did, considering the amount of abuse you gave me yourself, just 'cuz you couldn't get into a lousy xp group (lol).

Oww, and another thing - the rest of the group happened to love pisstakers like you weren't to join, so we actually could get good xp :kissit:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Hi my love..

You whant some ss's to prove what really happened?
Good to know your name in here..

And no, in the real world you DID NOT tell me about that friend of yours... Have can you be so stupid? Tell me have to upload ss's and Ill do that...
+ about draggin aggro into pb? LoL? Was 1 that jumbed me wenn I was 5meters away from yer group, and I didnt take it to box _before_ your pull was killed... SO STFU and LEARN to tell the truth and be nice ingame..

"However, first and foremost, you forget: It was MY group!"
So that gives you the power to take all in your hands.. Guess not... MG is not like a group in Vendo Caver'ns.. It cant be, would be unfair.

Doesnt mind what you do irl... Just dont spoil the game for others. :puke:

Btw...
(whats that talk about they didnt whant me to join? Elfeater generally got good rep. in MG grouping I think ... Dont understand you...)
Why do you use that stupid aggresive attitude all time?... You do that ingame, you ignore sends like a arrogant monkey, you flame people like your the head god, you dont mind rules,you dont whant people to like you at all it seems.

............. Get rl in order, and start beeing nicer ingame plz .........................

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
soz didnt whant this thread to get to this pvp crap..

Lets go on, and plz no more attacks... If you wanna attack, pm me :m00:

Lethul

FH is my second home
i wanna blacklist Archon and all of his chars. i hope he will never be invited to any raids nor other type of enjoyment in this game ever again

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Archon said:
Hi my love..

You whant some ss's to prove what really happened?
Good to know your name in here..

And no, in the real world you DID NOT tell me about that friend of yours... Have can you be so stupid? Tell me have to upload ss's and Ill do that...
+ about draggin aggro into pb? LoL? Was 1 that jumbed me wenn I was 5meters away from yer group, and I didnt take it to box _before_ your pull was killed... SO STFU and LEARN to tell the truth and be nice ingame..

Dont mind what you do irl... Just dont spoil the game for others.

Why should I take screenshots each and every time some jerk decides to appear? To come onto a forum and defend my actions, just in case they might begin whining about not being wanted? Tbh, hf in your little world - go ahead and post those screenshots, I for one ain't gonna stop ya, only encourage you to keep showing off your stupidity.

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
pfff...

*English please* :)

pfff...............

Belsameth

Tainted
Blacklists are a bad idea, since they're bound to be abused. especially when they're on such a widely used forum as FH.

besides that, it'll only lead to a LOT of flaming and arguements, something FH already has it's fair share of.

a Blacklist could be a good tool, sadly this forum is filled with humans, some of those willing to go through any length to pursue a grudge...and a blacklist would be a perfect tool for them.
Lastly, some people make a wrong judgement call sometimes, but would there be a blacklist, it would be (near) impossible for them to redeem themselves.

all in all a nice idea, if it wasn't for the fact that we're all human :)

Redfern

Fledgling Freddie
Blacklist will only result in more trouble and hatred. For an example: Today I went with 2 fg on a battler raid my first. Leader did not set treasure, and after the kill I had a pair of mp chainsleves wich I gave to the raid leader. Lotto was done and I ended up as one of the last winners with a crappy quality 97 1h hammer. After the raid I went to Stygia to find some ml xp. Suddenly someone started asking in /as about wich guild I was from - I pm'ed him and wanted to know what the problem was. He said I ran off with the sleves. I told him that they was turned in to raidleader instantly, and that all I got was the hammer. The drops was not announced when we did the lotto - only the battler artefact and a legendary component, so I had no chance of seing the sleves not was lottoed off to someone. Now due to a crappy raidleader someone think I stole the sleves, in stead of the raidleader either was scamming them or it was a tradebug (wich I never experienced myself).
I've always been proud to say that I'm both fair and honoreble, wich should be qualitys of any GM. But because of that feckup I could be on some scammer list. Fortunately for me a lot of ppl know me too well to believe I would scam, but anyway now at least one out there think I would and that pisses me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom