Black Screen when quitting TOA

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed a bug that i sometimes get when closing down TOA. When it should return to the windows desktop the screen is just black. It might show a bit of the taskbar but thats about it. I can get it to show part of a window if i try and alt-tab but the computer just doesn't seem to want to respond.

It does this 1 in every 4 times I would say and is no more than an inconvience having to restart when it does do it. I'm just a little curious whether this is an isolated problem or whether other ppl get it.

VivaLaDan

Fledgling Freddie
Its a decent mid range PC i would say. Athlon 2700+, Asus A7N8X, 512MB Corsair DDR400, Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I also have that problem occasionally.

Spec. Athlon 3000, 1 GB memory, Scsi Disks, Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro (ATI 4.5 Drivers), SB Audigy.

Gamah

Banned
SkarIronfist said:
I also have that problem occasionally.

Spec. Athlon 3000, 1 GB memory, Scsi Disks, Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro (ATI 4.5 Drivers), SB Audigy.

I get it too..I just terminate game.dll and it dont happen :)

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
now the question is, are you using a radeon gameh, if so then there maybe a pattern emerging

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Had this problem too at times,but only if I've been surfing the net and leave IE still on when I log out of the game.
If I close IE before logging out,it never happens.
It only started happening with either ToA or with the newer ATI drivers (re-started game at the same time I got the new drivers :/ )

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
AMD 64 3200 , win xp, 1 gig ram, and FX5900xt , can go a week when its dossent od it but then BAMM it hangs , sometimes it only kill's the desktop pic thou and you can just re-choose it... kinda annoying imho

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
If your using custom UI's try it with a standard one and see if it helps, if it does either change the custom UI or reinstall it.

I had that problem with my own UI at one point, deleting the whole folder and reinstalling worked. Like Krait I'd sometimes get problems if I'd had Firefox open browsing at some point and forgotten to quit it before logging out (using ATI Radeon 9800 pro - which is now b0rked).

Seo

Fledgling Freddie
Same problem ever since ToA, got a Geforce 4 Ti 4400

I just ctrl+Alt+Del out and terminated the aplication.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Kami said:
If your using custom UI's try it with a standard one and see if it helps, if it does either change the custom UI or reinstall it.

I got that problem too after I started using custom UI. I just alt+tab and shut down game.dll. I always have browser open in the background...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom