Black Hawk Down

G

GDW

Hmmm, no forum for this so ill ask in here. Anyone tried the full game, first impression for me is that it rawks:)

G

GDW

Not tried multiplayer yet, Im getting to grips with single player at the moment.

Changing times given the current war Im a bit surprised they released it to be honest

E

Embattle

TBH when i played the demo i found it rather shit ;)

G

GDW

I agree the mp demo was utter crap, but the finished product is speshul:)

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I wanna play Vietcong :)

Ooopsy, no idea why I put that here.

N

nath

Is the aim of the game to get totally raped by a bunch of "skinnies" with AKs? If so, sounds pretty dull :|

K

kameleon

Ive been put off by the demo. The SP was ok but the MP was ridiculous; people running around with what looked like poles with machine guns and rocket launchers on them.

L

leggy

Vietcong looks good dolly.

BHD is shat though.

At the end of the day, the only war game worth playing is op flash.

D

djpringle

I played the mp demo a while back and thought it ok, helicopters were a nice touch but since they were on fixed routes round the map they're no longer that special in this BF1942 style age.

Vietcong demo was ok as well but my machine at the time was a little bit poor so I couldn't enjoy it in its full splendour. Can't wait for the full version. :)

P

plightstar

But as with every innovation in games a.ka. random A.I in BF 1942 it will take at least 2 or more years to be noticed and incoprated as a normal attribute in a new game.

X

Xtro

Traded in some old games and picked up Black Hawk Down today after enjoying the SP demo. Hope its good, if not trade away it goes.

S

stu

Isn't Black Hawk Down just an update of Delta Force?

Vietcong is pretty shit. It's just insanely difficult. You die in milliseconds because you failed to spot the one blade of grass out of place in a patch of grass that means "concealed trap here!"

X

Xtro

Its full name is Delta Force: Black Hawk Down stu. I read a review of it that said it was nothing like DF but the demo soon made me think that the reviewer was talking bollox. It IS like DF but improved a lot imo, although I did like the original DF and DF2 anyway (gfx a bit shit, gameplay online was great tho).

Not tried Vietcong, been looking forward to that a lot too, sounds a bit rock :/

X

Xtro

ooo I lub it! :) Played first SP mission and it was a right blast, hummvees, then on foot, then chopper time, good laugh.

Played multi for last 3 hrs and had a good laugh, if you dont like snipers tho some maps will just drive u nuts.

G

GDW

Yep its a blast. Shame its getting such a negative response in this thread.:(

K

kameleon

So has that stupid guns on flagpoles thing been done away with?

Is it like DFLW? cos that gives me serious eyestrain.

E

Embattle

TBH I find all of Novalogics games seem to be exactly the same game with some slightly changed graphics, and a slight name change.

B

bigfoot

Some decent scenario's and set-plays in it BUT the enemys look graphically really bad and their AI seems to be all over the shop.

G

GDW

Heh thats the realism, ie hungry Somalians with no tactical combat skills;)

D

doh_boy

apprently the bf1942 mod has helicopters you can control....

C

Cdr

Crocodile Hunting!? I can now live the Steve Irwin dream...

Users who are viewing this thread