bizzarre lag as soon as I hit someone..

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else having problems like that?

Example, today in Odins solo (yes, some NS do occasionally solo), an Ice wizard and Reaver come running through AMGO doors - and into my dotspike (cue evil laughter). Ice wiz goes up the stairs, pbaoe's once, then sits down.

So, naturally I go up, backstab and cue up next style - then get hit with a huge lag spike. Check bot account (on same pc) no problem. Check back to stealther, two red squares. Move to the far end of the milegate, with red squares all the way - and ld. Bot still up, no problems.

I did have some trouble persuading the Reaver to kill me when I got back in though. Didnt want to get accused of trying to go ld to avoid a death etc. And then when I did die, and release - the client just froze.

Its not the first time today though that this has happened. No lag whatsoever until I hit someone, then big spike. As most of you probably wont read the technical section, thought it might be the best place to see if others in rvr also experience problems like this.

Chensin

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
hmm..any chance that you have problems about your bandwidth?128k?or 56?etc

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
Nildram ADSL, been pretty sweet for the most part. I can run around for ages in Odins and not have any lag at all, until I hit something.

Mebbe its just 'one of those days' :)

Chensin

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
If it was the *bot* ld'ing, yes - thats a problem with 1.69. But its the active client I'm having problems with, while the bot is still idling along at 0-3% cpu with no problems. Both set to low priority, processor scheduling set to 'programs' to keep the active client with the majority of cpu time slices.

And 0 problems until I actually hit something, which is dodgy. Not had this problem before today, and I've been using two clients on the same machine for a long time now.

Chensin

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Ajeroth said:
Nildram ADSL, been pretty sweet for the most part. I can run around for ages in Odins and not have any lag at all, until I hit something.

Mebbe its just 'one of those days' :)

Chensin
Been haveing simlar probs and im on nildram think the service is starting to go a bit tits up since pipex brought it :mad:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Ajeroth said:
And 0 problems until I actually hit something, which is dodgy.
Not really since fight creates effects your computer haven't propably loaded yet.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Get a separate computer for the buffbot, and everything will be fine. Two accs on same comp suck big floppy donkey dick.

Tilda

Do you get the lag when hitting things in general?
Or is it limited to other players? Do mobs give you the lag? what about just combat mode without meleeing?
Did it only happen this time, or every time you meleed thisevening?

Tilda

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ajeroth said:
Anyone else having problems like that?

Example, today in Odins solo (yes, some NS do occasionally solo), an Ice wizard and Reaver come running through AMGO doors - and into my dotspike (cue evil laughter). Ice wiz goes up the stairs, pbaoe's once, then sits down.

So, naturally I go up, backstab and cue up next style - then get hit with a huge lag spike. Check bot account (on same pc) no problem. Check back to stealther, two red squares. Move to the far end of the milegate, with red squares all the way - and ld. Bot still up, no problems.

I did have some trouble persuading the Reaver to kill me when I got back in though. Didnt want to get accused of trying to go ld to avoid a death etc. And then when I did die, and release - the client just froze.

Its not the first time today though that this has happened. No lag whatsoever until I hit someone, then big spike. As most of you probably wont read the technical section, thought it might be the best place to see if others in rvr also experience problems like this.

Chensin

/wave

Well, odd then how you managed to kill the ice wiz despite lagging and ld :)

Oh, and ofc i was surprised to see you unstealth and wait for me to kill you afterwards as i was trying to find you with pbaoe DD and you suddenly poped!!

And even more funny when more albs passed and we didn't know what exactly to do till it was rather obvious you wanted to die :) Wll, I would prefer a fight but helped either way :D

Btw, got a photo of you after you were turned into a grogan and with khaos ability which made you look like a drunk grogan. Now I saw this post I uploaded and you can find it here

PS: Yes, try get some second PC for bot. Lucky me got a new laptop from my work to do my work there and (ab)use it for bot when I am home :)

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Do you get the lag when hitting things in general?
Or is it limited to other players? Do mobs give you the lag? what about just combat mode without meleeing?
Did it only happen this time, or every time you meleed thisevening?

Tilda

Didnt try pve, totally fed up of it after finishing my rangers' artifacts and malice axe for the ns ;) But two days before it there were no problems in pve melee.

It also doesnt happen *every* time I hit a player for the first time, and only occurred often during that particular day - yesterday was a lot better overall, still managed to get a huge lag spike on two occasions. Combat without a target gives no problems at all. The day before this really bad occasion was quite lag free.

Ilenwyn said:
Well, odd then how you managed to kill the ice wiz despite lagging and ld

Oh, and ofc i was surprised to see you unstealth and wait for me to kill you afterwards as i was trying to find you with pbaoe DD and you suddenly poped!!

And even more funny when more albs passed and we didn't know what exactly to do till it was rather obvious you wanted to die Wll, I would prefer a fight but helped either way

Btw, got a photo of you after you were turned into a grogan and with khaos ability which made you look like a drunk grogan.

He was resting on the stairs with his back to the world, and was almost half dead from the dotspike ;) Hit with backstab2, cued up revenging blade and then had a huge lag spike. Waited a few seconds, no style animations - checked bot client, no problems, checked back and I wasnt in combat mode anymore. I knew you were about, so even though I had red squares moved myself to the far end of that part of the milegate, to the little nook between the wall and zonewall. And thats where I came back when I logged in too..which is unusual isnt it? When ya lag like that movement isnt recorded on the server side. Expected to log back in on the stairs.

I came back and let you kill me for two reasons -

1) Purge was down, reaver with slam and leviathan - dead ns ;) You would've been inc, and I would've died anyway. Also didnt want to be accused of intentionally going ld to avoid deaths. Shit sticks, especially in this suspicious age.
2) To test whether I got a lag spike when you hit me, and the answer was no I didnt. Also didnt get a lag spike when Layla turned me into a spraggon.

Nice picture :) Always a shame I cant tell what albs are saying. Sorry for the minstrel who ran up when I was trying to get you to kill me, and I /rude'd him.

Chensin
Serusen
Eserie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom