bittorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scootay

hmm, when i click a torrent on suprnova.org, it finds the file on BT, ses its downloading but, doesnt. anyone got any advice of whats wrong?

O

old.Tohtori

Aye. No downloading stuff. Go shop. Buy. Bad person you :p

S

Sard-Nair

Yeh, u need the right programm, i sent it to Pudzy today! :clap: pudzy is teh naughty ladY!

[EDIT] - ask this q on a FTP/Copyright forum ;)

M

mirieth

Bit Torrent requires possibly the most patience you can possibly throw at something, if you're planning to download anything fairly large, expect it to take a good while. And don't forget that to make an account you have to upload a torrent first.

K

klavrynd

if i were the new mod this thread wouldnt be here!

C

cHodAX

Right click the bittorent link and save it to your hard drive, then start bittorent. It will ask you for a .torrent file and you just point it at the downloaded one. Simple and works a treat, make sure you set the speed to match your connection (-8k from uploads or it will be slow) and away it goes. By far the fastest p2p program around, just a shame the interface is clunky as hell.

D

Danya

Originally posted by mirieth
Bit Torrent requires possibly the most patience you can possibly throw at something, if you're planning to download anything fairly large, expect it to take a good while. And don't forget that to make an account you have to upload a torrent first.
No you don't. There's no accounts or uploading first. As for speed, seems the fastest p2p system, not far off downloading from a webserver.

Chodax, what's clunky about just double clicking a .torrent file and picking a location to download to? It's no more difficult than downloading anything else.

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by Danya

Chodax, what's clunky about just double clicking a .torrent file and picking a location to download to? It's no more difficult than downloading anything else.

Lack of multiple downloads pisses me off, having to run 2+ clients is messy and causes problems when trying to set your upload/download ratios. The options are pretty sparse as well. That said it is the still my #1 p2p program these days, I only run emule for the harder to find stuff.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I found that bitorrent was slow as hell! I will give it another try I guess but I wasn't overly impressed with my first run. Mebbe I was doing something wrong.

D

Danya

Was getting over 100k/s on it earlier today. :x

As for multiple d/ls, doesn;t bother me, I only do one at a time so I just keep a bunch of .torrents on my HD till I'm ready to download them.

C

cHodAX

Sissyfoo, I haven't spoke to anyone who can't hit their download cap on a popular torrent. Have a play with the settings for connections, it worked a treat for me. Strong 54kb downstream after about 30 mins connection on popular torrents.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Cheers! I'll have another pop at it! I am notoriously impatient with P2P software and if I don't get high speeds straight away I usually cancel and start playing games online instead. :p

~hangs head in shame~

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by klavrynd
if i were the new mod this thread wouldnt be here!

how about you use the report this post to a moderator button then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom