Bit of info about Cabalists

O

old.Elfslayer

For those of you who are unsure as to what Cabalists can contribute to a grp, I thought I`d compile this thread to give you some idea of the spell and uses of this rather rare bread and also to try and dispell the myth that cabis are "gimped".

Most people appear to spec their cabi as either a matter or a body cabi. Body tending to be better in the soloing/grp exping situation than in rvr. Spirit spec doesnt real look worth it as a main line spec, appart from as a second line for grp/soloing as having a hard pet is pretty useful.

Body cabs, and I am one, have a huge selection of debuff spells............. it would appear that most people do not fully understand that if a mob is debuffed, members in the group will be able to hit it harder/ get less resists/ they will also be hit for less damage by the mob. In debuffing a mob it is in effect like giving the whole group a buff....... if you look at it in a negative sort of way. Body cabs also have a life drain spell that does very nice damage, admittedly not as much damage as other mages of the same lvl but due to the fact that cabs can ineffect gain infinate mana, through the reclaim spirit spell, we can hit for longer. As an example... I never need to sit down when doing tree pulls to regen and I tend to empty my full mana on a couple of trees by just continualy casting. At lvl 42 I was doing full goblin pulls solo........ well almost solo, I had to invite people into the group inorder to get enough goblins to come at me, the other players in the group just sat down whilst I battered the hell out of the gobs. Body cabs have a root spell that is pretty effective and at lvl 47 I could root red and purple trees without too much bother. This spell is broken by healing too close or hitting the mob.

In rvr body cabs are also far from usless, but like most mages we tend to die often, but again because of the infinate mana regen spell this it not really to much of a pain appart from the res sickness. My cabi could easy kill a lvl 50 tank when he was a lvl 43 so the rest of the classes arent too much of a problem apart from those damn stealthers. I have only 1 aoe spell of any use in rvr, which reduces attack speed & cuts down enemy healing by 60%. Many times I have been in rvr being shot at and hit by spells but due to the fact that my life drain spells gives me hp back I tend to live longer than most mages. Currently my lvl 46 life drain delivers 90% of the damage I inflict back to me as hp, so currently I hit standard yellow mobs for 350+ dmg and get approx 300 hp back.

Matter cabis are rarer than body cabs due to the hard time they have at lvling but if any of you are out there, add a note on how your abilities are use or usefull to grps. I think the main spells for these guys are aoe poison, aoe snair, and the beloved nearsight. I havent had chance to have a play with these yet but will do if they ever get round to doing the respecing.

In the end playing a cabi is fun, and regardless of the class or lvl of an individual your is character is only as good as the person controling it. Stop winging about being gimped and learn how to play better but remember its only a game and your meant to have fun :)

On a completely different note, due to the hard time I have of getting a group, much of my items/armour is old and I am currently trying to find any cloth gloves over af35 and............................. the lvl 50 body cabi staff. It appears that loads of the lvl 50 matters staffs are about, shame there are more of these staffs than matter cabs

Any way if any of you have questions about cabis give me a /send Elfslayer and I`ll try and help you out, it appears as though I`m the walking cabi info centre atm, judging by the ammount of sends I get, but hey :)
For those that want to know my current spec is 2/3 body 1/3 spirit. Gives an all round character.

----------------------------------------

Ps sorry for any rubish I`ve typed but I`ve got a hell of a hangover:puke:

--------------

Elfslayer
lvl 48 Body Cablist
Crusaders Of Albion

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by old.Elfslayer
Matter cabis are rarer than body cabs due to the hard time they have at lvling but if any of you are out there, add a note on how your abilities are use or usefull to grps. I think the main spells for these guys are aoe poison, aoe snair, and the beloved nearsight..

I disagree on this one, Matter cabs are exellent in pve as they get the damage shield for the pet, if you group with a cleric you can do red mobs easily :)

nearsight is maybe on of the handiest spells a matter cab got :)
the last nearsight gives the target -75% vision :)

and aoe snair is in the spirit line not the matter line

O

old.Elfslayer

Re: Re: Bit of info about Cabalists

Originally posted by Exinferis

I disagree on this one, Matter cabs are exellent in pve as they get the damage shield for the pet, if you group with a cleric you can do red mobs easily :)

-----------------------------------------

Fair enough, dont realy know that much about matter cabbies.
But I can solo red cons................ takes some effort but not too bad

B

Belsameth

see a link I posted somewhere below on matter cabs :)
takes a patch to fix the AoE DoT first though
besides that, doing epic mobs with 3 guys is pretty cool :)

O

old.Jules

Just a couple of things to add to the 'Go Cabbies' post ;)

Firstly, debuffs don't break root - So if you have an AoE rooter and a Cabbie then the mobs can be debuffed before the tanks even start on them.

Secondly, Spirit line has the body and spirit debuffs which is nice for Cabbies, Sorcs (base line at least), Air Theurgs and 'Smitars' (oh and energy debuffs too but seeing as no-one in Albion uses energy...).

Thirdly, as for whinging about being gimped I think that Cabbies, as a whole, are the least whiney of all the classes. Never heard one moan and gripe anyway :D.

O

old.Elfslayer

I think the reason you dont hear cabbies moaning about being gimped is that we arent, its just people who cannt play or have never played the character that think that we are

K

Khalen

I've played many times in the beta with Ryo (he was a cabalist then, probably the only one who was high at that time). And I have to say he saved our teams a lot of times (healing clerics, putting pets on adds, etc.) I don't know why people say cabalists are useless because they aren't. They can send pets after casters and nuke tanks instead.

Cabalists Rock!

S

starblade

You tell them Elf :)
But he is right. Elf has been one of the most valuable players in our guild history. He's a bit strange now and them (prolly trying out his new dot and debuffs on himself :p) but I know many of us, and others look up to him.

O

old.Calot

Just for info matter line becomes much more powerful in 1.51-dmg limiter is 1.25 (i think its 3-4 for dd)

Anyway my spec is B45 M29 s6(only 3 is actually needed)

Couple of interesting specs for 1.51

1) Full matter -awesome ae dot dmg

2) As above a bit more robust in rvr and still get 3rd ae dot

3) M41 S30 b15

This is the one i most want to try-

S30 gives u 40% ae snare.(lasts 1 min-not releasable by other player attacks)

M41 gives u the badest nearsight and 4th ae dot

B15 gives area curse (15% str and 15 %attck speed)

So in rvr cast AE snare- AE dot- AE curse AEdot etc-this combo looks lethal to me:)

Calot

Lvl44

B41+10 m19+10 s3+1

O

old.Zeikerd

I played a matter cab to lvl41 or 42 (can't remember) till I got tired of the game.
So in rvr cast AE snare- AE dot- AE curse AEdot etc-this combo looks lethal to me
This would not work. Snare breaks on damage taken.
Best would be: AoE DoT and run

Matter cabs suck in groups, but can solo quite well (not very usefull above lvl35 though).
In 1.51 they will ROCK solo, killing tangler groups alone with their AoE DoT. But I'll never see that though.

O

old.FIN

Cabby who? MEEEEEEEE

YAY ELFSLAYER =)

Body is good to get lvl's inside realm, but what im doing is going 45b 22s 11m then after when respec is here then go to matter, and also AOE snare to pet and there is also nice stuff on spirit, so what would be good that if u have 2-3 cabbys inside guild/alliance make sure u have cabbys specced on every line, together they r unbeliable strong specially in rvr

and those who dont beliave that cabby cant rvr, well u should ask from peeps who has been same time in BG's with Fin and Pet and ask was cabby doing nothing =) AOE disease, nearsight and some roots, and look how the pet goes =)

O

old.Akirai

you forget the life transfer so you can give a backup heal if necessary :)

R

Rhuric

I must say this post rock, never spoken much to any cabbie about how they work, and almost never grouped with one, until the dear Faya came along and showed me how much the cabbie/cleric combo rules, thx faya, wouldnt turn down a cabbie in a group as long as they can control there little grey friend =)

Users who are viewing this thread