bit of advice needed

R

rich123

all my own fault really. I work away a lot, for extended periods and shared my full account info with friends and family to use while i was away ( big mistake )

Having recently come home, I decided to buy SI ( another big mistake ) and resume playing.

It seems however that my account has been hijacked by a person totally unknown to me. The personal details in the subs section has been changed, characters deleted and re made in another realm etc etc

Now, once Right Now gets up and running again, I plan to infrom them of what has happened. My options as I see it are as follows :

1) request a sub pass change, having proved that the account is really mine. However, won't any contact with RN be sent to the email in the personal sub section ?

2) mail the person and explain the situation in the hope they will return the account, this still leaves them access to my sub info then

3) use the account when I can

4) delete that characters

5) ask RN to ban the account permanently

6) forget about it

At the moment I am thinking of options 1 and 3. Don't really want to use option 6, since I have therefore paid for the original disk etc and have effectively lost my money on that 9 some might say my own fault...fair comment )

Basically, what would you do in the same situation, or what would you advise me to do

Many thanks

G

Gravity

if someone has taken your account and you can prove you are the original owner of the account i.e. owning the original copy of the game with the manual holding the original activation key on it, it is nothing less than theft

report it to goa/wanadoo definitely, if the email address is a uk based one i would even consider reporting this to the police

R

rich123

I do have all the documentation, however, when the account is re subscribed to, the " bill " is sent to the current mail addy and includes cd key etc.

And the address isnt a uk based one

R

rich123

I guess I could scan in a picture of the original documenntation and send that to whomever, but won't the responses be sent to the email addy listed under the account.
I could change it to match mine, but that would alert the other person to the fact that i am trying to retrieve the account.

G

Gravity

you have the original cdkey printed on your manual - yep

right, what to do from here would be to email goa explaining your situation also include if you can a scan of the entire manual cover with the cdkey sticker on the back, this should be proof enough of your ownership of the account, goa should then be obliged to cancel the account and reissue you with another.

by the way how did this person get your username and account password in the first place? where you hacked? you do have a firewall dont you?

R

rich123

nope, wasn't hacked. Can only assume that a " friend " gave the info to someone else...some friend huh. My fault really, for assuming I could trust someone with my account info.

Just need RN to come back up now, might be a long wait.

R

rich123

will try that, thanks muchly for the help and advice

M

mirieth

It must sucks to have this done to you, but I doubt GOA will help you... Seen as it's against the CoC to lend/share your account they will probably tell you it's your own fault and refuse to help :(

R

rich123

tempting, I know, but often small lies turn into big lies and then you get found out.

Would rather be totally honest with them in the hope that they help me due to my stupidiity rather than don't help me due to an inplausible " story "

G

Gravity

WOW - honesty - what a concept - GOA wont know what hit em :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom