Bit o' help please!

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, so heres my problem, before (about 2-3 weeks ago) my pc started to lag out and music files jumped and jittered all about the place even when windows media player was the only program active. then when I was playing camelot (LAB CLIENT) it jumps every 3 seconds (as in im getting decent fps for 2 secs then 0 for 1 then repeat).

Now in my blissfull ideas I decided to format the PC and restore it to its store bought greatness then installed AVGfree and AdAware and gave a full scan. reinstalled DAoC and music files and all was good for a time. recently about a week ago I figured I might as well bring the pc up to date with the windows service pack2 update (its a old restore disc so was windows xp before any updates). so i went and installed that and updated windows fully. Now my problem is back wit hthe same things.

I dont thing its the pc - I mean its not top notch, but has duel logged TOA for ages with no probs and can run one LAB client np(or ust to) the specs are a 2200+AMD Athalon 768ram and a geforce6 6200 AGP card, as I said not best but enough to play this.

So my question to all of ye smart lads is... what the feck is happening? was there some update that I got (used windows updater, so no crappy fake ones afaik) that is causing problems with other ppl? or is there any asslicking processes that I turn off that will improve anything? I would have formatted it again, but apparently that aint working :(

Any advice is much appricated!

Oh and I go into ctrl+alt+delete and turn off a load of processes and stuff before I go in and that seems to help a bit, only started that tho after the prob started :/

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, to put it another way, were there any processes that were introduced with SP2 that could end up in me lagging out? its getting very annoying getting into a fight and lagging into next year so bad i cant press purge , charge or ip and playing C&C3 online can make me cry at times with lag- and that is a piece of pee to run :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Try disable Windows Firewall on your internet connection and see if it gets any better.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Does it do this lag thing all the time or does it happen for a few minutes at a time then stop?

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
It did it constantly, I wound up spamming defrag and after the 2nd time doing it , most of the probs are gone - its still laggy for some reason, but bareable :/

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
uninstall the avg program, i find that slows my pc down quite a bit when playing daoc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom