Bismarck for Euro players

N

-Nxs-

Many of the euro players will be connecting to the Bismarck server now that the game sre starting to turn up, we already have around 30 players in our linkshell that will be connecting to this server, and advice that some other euro players are comming here too.

So just keep deleting and re-creating until you get placed on Bismarck, and you should find some fellow euro players around to level with

If you need a worldpass, post here you may be lucky :) but as the game is new cash is a little low.

O

old.Dillinja

Keep me informed on what it's like mate. I need a few opinions on this before I decide to import. ;) Looking good atm though, seen one review 9/10 need a few more first though and some opinions from people on here.

L

-Lonewolf-

We are currently standing at about 30+ members and just wanted to let people know that we exist so if anyone is new and is looking for a linkshell to join or just tag along with feel free to drop in our IRC room on quakenet, #bw.ffxi

irc://irc.quakenet.org:6667/bw.ffxi

or onto our website at

http://www.mmorpgcs.com/FFXI/index.php

Look forward to seeing, hearing and meeting lots of you on Bismarck

Peace

D

delphae

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Many of the euro players will be connecting to the Bismarck server now that the game sre starting to turn up, we already have around 30 players in our linkshell that will be connecting to this server, and advice that some other euro players are comming here too.

So just keep deleting and re-creating until you get placed on Bismarck, and you should find some fellow euro players around to level with

If you need a worldpass, post here you may be lucky :) but as the game is new cash is a little low.

Recreating and deleting wont help..once on a server you are locked on it.
Only way off the server is by using the worldpass.
Keep in mind the price you get from the WP seller, will change every hour, due to people logging on/off.

Tsukiko/Seraph server

C

Cush

You kinda delete the char before you ever finnish making it. There is a guide somewhere about how to do so.

S

Sparda_soul

Create your char.
Name it.
Pick Kingdom.
Select yes if you want to register your char in the database.
When you get the next promt to LINK the character and you get the blue menu thingy on the right, DON'T link, because then you'll have to sit through the intro.
Instead, RIGHT CLICK and that will take you to the main menu.
Click Delete Character
Your character will be listed there and you will see what server it is on.
If its the wrong server, DELETE the character and start over.
Rinse, repeat.

It took me 50some odd tries of doing this for over an hour before I got the server I wanted.

If you get a message saying the name is already registered after you just deleted it, just wait a few seconds and log out of the client and log back in and make your char again and the name should be available.

L

longshot

Originally posted by -Nxs-
As for feedback - got our first ADSL user onto the server this weekend - he's reporting NO LAG at all

No lag? Now, that is truly good news...oh... decisions decisions... feel so lost... shall or shan't?

S

Sparda_soul

come join us, im having a blast, if you liek a game with content this is the daddy :D

L

longshot

Originally posted by Sparda_soul
come join us, im having a blast, if you liek a game with content this is the daddy :D

And do I dare ask who the mother is? :D

D

denser

Not to mention the graphics are stunning. Elvaan sword animations > All tbh.

C

.Cask

Originally posted by denser
Not to mention the graphics are stunning. Elvaan sword animations > All tbh.

Graphics shmafics. How does the gameplay improve upon existing MMORPG's?

L

-Lonewolf-

Content is IMMENSE quests are just out of this world they are like mini stories that suck u in!! with their own like movies things and its just so cool!!!!!

Wicked makes DAoC quests look like pansy ass

D

denser

Aye, it's more like 'watching' a MMORPG than 'reading' one, if you get what I mean.

Also, it's actually got a story

D

Draigo

Managed to get on Bismark using the del char until Bismark selected, Game looks promising holding judgement until free month up first, gahhh I still remember SWG after the initial "newness" faded

L

-Lonewolf-

Combat system is deep only just brushed the service to be honest and not even seen much magic spells as people on at mo mainly melee's but yeah i really like it takes a bit more intelligence than DAoC

S

spathi

from what a lot of people say its like trying to play a game designed for teh PS2, (which isnt a prob if you have a converter for your ps2 controller \o/ ) :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Basically us can use the numpad for everything it really is quite easy took me one day now I am a pro takes time to get use to :)

D

Draigo

Once you get used of the overall controls combat is done well, its a lot more interactive than passive button pushing so I have found with my RDM ( think Minstrel, Bard etc here) with this classes ability to use sword and shield (yeap sheild is a combat skill as well) and both black and white magic and your weapon specials im trying to fire about 5 different things at once, and the combat animations are great to watch.

Get your timing right as well, for example the 1st dagger special Wasp Sting is a poison DOT so you want to have previously built up your TP from a fight before to lead off with this for best use

N

-Nxs-

Alot of people have remarked on the controlls being poor, but those who have stuck with them generaly state that once you are used to them, there actualy pretty efficient.

Guess we'll just see how it goes :)

C

Cush

I'll wait to speak about the controlls untill i got the game :)

N

-Nxs-

Just read the manual on some of the controls, and well... urm... eek :)

This could take some getting used to - most of the commands you can do are similar to DAOC so maybe i can remap them :)

CTRL+H is the same as 'c' to rest for example

C

Cush

did anyone actualy use the standard keys in daoc? i remaped them all day one

N

-Nxs-

Yup the only keys i changed in DAOC were.

DEL = SHIFT+S to sell an item
F = F8 (i think) target nearest object, so you can f,g,f,g,f,g,f,g to pickup loot.

All others were standard :)

G

gramaton

Hehe god reading your posts about remapping keys in DAOC makes sense, I hated doing shift+s to sell stuff but it never entered my thick head to just change the damn key :)

X

xxmaniacxx

It took me a day or so to get used to the controls. At first it was very frustrating but after a while u starting to love them.

Just one tip. Get your macros up! Macros are like everything here. And if u have good macros u save alot of typing time in grps.

Oh, and btw. I love this game :D

Users who are viewing this thread