Rant Bin Collection

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Apparently I live in an area where bin collections are once every two weeks.

Fucking wonderful, except if you live in a house with a family or more than two people.

*seethe*

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Every two weeks? How is that even possible? My girlfriend and I take down one garbage bag atleast every second day

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup...once a week here in the inner city of the town I live in. I used to have one of those underground drop-off points just outside my house, which was hella handy as I could throw stuffs away whenever. Nowadays I have to keep the bag till pick-up day, boo :(

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Here they alternate. One week rubbish, the next recycling. I don't have any trouble with it except I always forget what week we're on and have to wait and see which colour bin my neighbours take out.

Gray

FH is my second home
Beginning of April it happened here in Halton, seems okay even if it's a bit ridiculous.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We get two pick ups a week, one for recylcables one for waste. TBH we could probably get by with the recycling every other week most weeks, and that's with two kids and all the plastic crap they seem to accumulate.

When I lived in Westminster we used to get pickups every day...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
we get :
black (rubbish) 1 per week
green (recycle) 1 per fortnight
brown (garden) 1 per month

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We have a storage type of thing, with about 7-8 big bins(some paper, recycle etc) for our neighbourhood. I have no idea when they're collected, but there's always room.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Black bins every two weeks.
Brown garden waste for those who don't know what compost is every two weeks.
Recylcing every week.

georgie

FH is my second home
Black bin (general waste): Fortnightly
Green bin (garden waste): Fortnightly
So weekly black->green->black->green->etc

Green bags (recycling): Weekly
Brown bin (food waste): Weekly

Though was a story in the paper the other day that most of our stuff gets driven 160+ miles to Derby (where presumably they take the good stuff), and from there to god knows where and eventually ends up in a dump China. So fun fun. :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sending rubbish to China and then buying heavy wind turbine machinery from them. Saving the planet!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Black Bags (Not a Wheelie bins! Grrrr) - general rubbish - every two weeks
Food Bin - Every week
Plastic/Glass/Tins etc - (Again no wheelie bin! Just a small green crate so things get blown around the garden) - Every two weeks
Paper - (Again no wheelie bin! Just a small black crate) - Every week
Brown Garden Waste Wheelie Bin - (Yay!) - Twice a month

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Our dead are collected every fortnight. You have to listen out for his "bring out yer dead" wail and the sound of his bell, or you've had it, as those corpses really start to stink up after a few days.

Unless you're Maggie Thatcher, in which case your body is collected same day. Bloody Ritz hotel.

What are they going to do? Stick a plaque up so the next poor sod who gets the room knows he's sleeping in the same bed as she died in? Sweet dreams.

How the other half live...

soze

I am a FH squatter
Black bags every week.
Food every week
The plastics and cardboard every other week, it is either one or the other.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i take my bin down to the room full of bins on the bottom floor and they take it away reasonably regularly

tis a joy to behold when we have 8 massive black bins for general waste for our building, the building i lived in Dublin had a similar system but only two general waste bins (about same amount of people in building too) - oh how it overflowethed

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I don't know why I just read this thread. I don't care how often you guys' bins are collected.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
You're right: I need to know how long I have to sneak in and rummage through your stuff before they take it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom