Billing and failed payment

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, I know this has been throught already many times. But still I don't know (thought no1 else does either?) the reason why failed payment locks up my account and I can't try any other ways of payment?

...An invoice is currently in process... GRRR!!!!

This is prolly the only thing in this game that makes me go nuts. I just hate it so much. Why is it that way and why can't they allow us to use, for example, another credit card after it says I have no cash (payment failed) in this one I just tried out???? Nooooooooo-hooooo, I must sleep over night/wait for something like 24hrs / do the rain-dance etc meanwhile.

Who ever designed that payment system should get another job. Kthxbye.

Sigh.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
A scarier thought is that it is the same for all France Telecom's billing, not just Camelot!

It's one of those anti-fraud protections, that make less sense when dealing with such small sums as here.

Got caught by one the other day, when I bought my new computer. The card got refused, as fraud protection, because the Card company wasn't used to me making big purchases. So I had to ring up and unblock the card. Then I still couldn't buy the computer, as the company wouldn't let me use the card til the next day, as it had been refused. Short answer, it's not just GOA that do this.

Darzil

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Darzil said:
it's not just GOA that do this.

(with voice of Peter Sellers in Pink Panther) Yes yes, I knew that! :)

Accusing GOA (thought indirectly this time) was just a method to pinpoint my rage somewhere :) But still I think it sucks bad :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
A scarier thought is that it is the same for all France Telecom's billing, not just Camelot!

It's one of those anti-fraud protections, that make less sense when dealing with such small sums as here.

Got caught by one the other day, when I bought my new computer. The card got refused, as fraud protection, because the Card company wasn't used to me making big purchases. So I had to ring up and unblock the card. Then I still couldn't buy the computer, as the company wouldn't let me use the card til the next day, as it had been refused. Short answer, it's not just GOA that do this.

Darzil

rofl, id change bank instantly if that ever happened to me. Locking a card because of that reason is silly since they actually deny you access to your own money.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
rofl, id change bank instantly if that ever happened to me. Locking a card because of that reason is silly since they actually deny you access to your own money.

Yeah, cos being with a bank that lets people take lots of money out of your account is better !

I'm just happy knowing, means that next time I'll ring them up first, and the rest of the time be well protected.

The bank unlocked the card straight away, and gave me a choice of whether I wanted it permanently unlocked to large sums, or how long I wanted it set for. It was the shop that wouldn't trade with me for a day afterwards.

Darzil

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Darzil said:
Yeah, cos being with a bank that lets people take lots of money out of your account is better !

I'm just happy knowing, means that next time I'll ring them up first, and the rest of the time be well protected.

The bank unlocked the card straight away, and gave me a choice of whether I wanted it permanently unlocked to large sums, or how long I wanted it set for. It was the shop that wouldn't trade with me for a day afterwards.

Darzil

thing is, that policy is because of Efrauds I think, my bank solved it in a way better way, namely Ecard, a virtual card usable for onlinetransactions with a predefined amount of money on a virtual card of choice that once used, cant be used ever again. And my regular bankingcard cannot be used for onlinetransactions at all, nor does it have any credit at all either :)

I consider that safe, without the hassle with a bank closing the card when I actually wanna use it.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
i find that when i enter the credit card numbers in correct but in the wrong format i get locked out.

can never remember whether you're meant to give it with or without spaces between each group of 4 numbers.

would help if the page said which way you're meant to do it, or even better add or substract the spaces automatically like most websites designed by someone with intelligence higher than a deranged bee's.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
grr stupid payment solution....tryed to pay my accounts yesterday and something went wrong on 1 of the payments.
It has now gone 16h since i got "locked" out , and STILL cant get access :(
GOA fix this crap :twak: ....makes me wonder will we have the same problem with WH ?!?!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i just hope that WAR doesn't have such a shit billing system...

:m00:

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Malcolm said:
can never remember whether you're meant to give it with or without spaces between each group of 4 numbers.

Normally all series of numbers are to be given without spaces.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Why not try using a card that had funds in instead of blaming the payment process??

In 4-5yrs I have never ever had a problem making a payment and judging by the lack of whine threads about it on here - neither have most people - and usually those who do have done something wrong themselves yet its never their fault...

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
In 4-5yrs I have never ever had a problem making a payment and judging by the lack of whine threads about it on here - neither have most people - and usually those who do have done something wrong themselves yet its never their fault...

I´ve never had any problems before either in these 4-5 years....all i´m saying it´s so damn frustrating that it has to take so long time for it to get fixed , even tho i have rightnowed it and all .
16 hours is in my opinion a little to long for a 24/7 game.....aint it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom