Bike Crash

Will

/bin/su
TdC said:
aargh! you ok?
Lots of cuts, bruises, and missing skin, but I tucked and rolled, so I'm ok.

The bike hit a rock at the side of the trail on at speed, and stopped dead. The wheel stayed true, the fork didn't buckle, and so the next place for the forces to attack was the tubes where the butting ends. If I hadn't had my weight so far back, it would probably have bounced over the rock, but thats the way these things go.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sounds like you would have broken nearly anything :/

456 next time?

Will

/bin/su
I was thinking Voodoo Bakka. The 456 isn't singlespeed. ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Wow glad your ok, must have been some speed, bet you could make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs!

TdC

heh shhhh! Will's biking ego is big enough as it is ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
When mine goes above 20Mph going downhill I chicken out and put the brakes on softly to slow down :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
Lots of cuts, bruises, and missing skin, but I tucked and rolled, so I'm ok.

The bike hit a rock at the side of the trail on at speed, and stopped dead. The wheel stayed true, the fork didn't buckle, and so the next place for the forces to attack was the tubes where the butting ends. If I hadn't had my weight so far back, it would probably have bounced over the rock, but thats the way these things go.

Those On-One frames are made in taiwan are they not? I am highly surprised that the fork and wheel did not cave in first from your description.

My enduro is made in taiwan. But I think it could withstand a direct hit from a nuclear bomb the way I built it up.

TdC

Tears said:
When mine goes above 20Mph going downhill I chicken out and put the brakes on softly to slow down :)

heheh I went biking in the park near my house yesterday for the first time in aaaages. proper biking that is, with shinguards and gloves and helmets and stuff, and the first slope I went down I went down like the world's biggest chicken: given it was a nasty double sloped path with a couple of hairpins, but even the old ladies out walking their dogs shouted encouragement failed to egg me on to greater speeds :eek7:

TdC

Doomy said:
Those On-One frames are made in taiwan are they not? I am highly surprised that the fork and wheel did not cave in first from your description.

it seems it's a known flaw in older inbreds. the frame folded at the end of the butting.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
At least you wont need new wheels or fork then. Considering the price of inbred frames thats probably a good thing :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thought this was gonna be about something else. I just got back from Cadwell Park doing today's superbikes, a few minor incidents here and there and then on the winner's lap of the very last race, a marshall managed to get twatted by one of the bikes. Broken leg the last I heard....

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it looked like the forks fooked the frame. I did the same thing to my Chopper from a ramp.

:)

I could never get used to shocked forks, seems too un-natural ... it's like taking away force-feedback when you've always had it.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Tom said:
Thought this was gonna be about something else. I just got back from Cadwell Park doing today's superbikes, a few minor incidents here and there and then on the winner's lap of the very last race, a marshall managed to get twatted by one of the bikes. Broken leg the last I heard....

Thats nothing, some poor kid died there :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Happens all the time Jingle, its a dangerous sport.

TdC

heh looks like he grabbed the front brake by mistake :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom