Biggest wave ever!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Haha yeah that's the one!

No, but I wont say names as I am probably not allowed :(

p.s. Invisibletank - I hated AoC so unfortunately all my gaming time goes on Warhammer :p

I picked up AoC last week........ just to quench my MMO thirst!

Apart from initial wow of the interactive combat I'm beginning to get bored/annoyed already...... in my opinion it's not a great game, however that said it's still early and as we know it may of been rushed to get it released so there's probably many changes to come. However it just doesn't have the right feeling when playing..... it kind of feels like a single player RPG, its odd to describe.

shader

Fledgling Freddie
This is beginning to get frustrating. I'm someone who actually wants to test the game, bounce ideas around and actively participate in making it a better game, not just someone who wants to get in and get a free play for a few months, and I still miss the beta invites! It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Who do I have to sleep with around here to get in? If it's Paul then I'm going home.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
This is beginning to get frustrating. I'm someone who actually wants to test the game, bounce ideas around and actively participate in making it a better game, not just someone who wants to get in and get a free play for a few months, and I still miss the beta invites! It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Who do I have to sleep with around here to get in? If it's Paul then I'm going home.

Thats life as they say..... feel the same mate and I'd love to get in to be able to say I played a part (however small) in this game.

No point getting wound up over it as there's really nothing you can actually do!

gunmannnnn

Fledgling Freddie
Thats life as they say..... feel the same mate and I'd love to get in to be able to say I played a part (however small) in this game.

No point getting wound up over it as there's really nothing you can actually do!

but still USA "again" one step further i could say// it has been mentioned but ye again..
EU's didnt have the chance to write info about previous experiences etc blablbla..
they just count and count numbers:ninja:

p.s: y y no invite here

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
but still USA "again" one step further i could say// it has been mentioned but ye again..
EU's didnt have the chance to write info about previous experiences etc blablbla..
they just count and count numbers:ninja:

p.s: y y no invite here

Previous beta testing experience can be a 2-edged sword, half the time people lie through their teeth on those things and players who have beta tested loads of games are often those who, in reality, just want a free-play.

Players who have no beta testing experience should never lose out in this manner. They may be new to the genre, or it may be that they have never taken the plunge before and signed up for a beta but may in reality have equal or greater potential to provide substantial input/feedback into the beta process.

I often wonder how the beta participants are selected and chances are these "previous experience" boxes are never read and it's all random anyway :)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Previous beta testing experience can be a 2-edged sword, half the time people lie through their teeth on those things and players who have beta tested loads of games are often those who, in reality, just want a free-play.

Players who have no beta testing experience should never lose out in this manner. They may be new to the genre, or it may be that they have never taken the plunge before and signed up for a beta but may in reality have equal or greater potential to provide substantial input/feedback into the beta process.

I often wonder how the beta participants are selected and chances are these "previous experience" boxes are never read and it's all random anyway :)

If you start to think to much into it you'll go barmy!!!

I'd say its about a 50/50 between luck and your PC stats, they filter out the people without good enough spec and then your drawn from that?

No one knows though....... I just wish we had a clearer indication as to how the game is progressing and how close we may be to open/NDA lift beta.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
beta tests tend to target people with really high spec pc's because the game isnt optimised and they have all the debugging code running that slows the performance down even further as the beta progresses and the performance improves they will start letting some of the mid range pc users in i would imagine.

other than that its mainly luck unless they target people who are active on forums and people who signed up to the newsletters really early

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I heard or read something that said being a regular and good forum poster helps.... although I don't know if thats true or not? if so our community managers may have more involvement with invites than we think.

Personally I can't see how they can tie your forum names into your beta accounts anyway so I dont think thats true myself.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I wonder how many invites will go unanswered? Lot of players enjoying AoC right now...

Or lots of people who forgot their password, my retard rl mate is one of those - forgot his password and for some reason he figured it to be a good idea to write something random on the answer to the secret question.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Or lots of people who forgot their password, my retard rl mate is one of those - forgot his password and for some reason he figured it to be a good idea to write something random on the answer to the secret question.

He deserves a painful torture session for his stupidity!

Bring out the thumb screws!!! :touch:

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I heard or read something that said being a regular and good forum poster helps.... although I don't know if thats true or not? if so our community managers may have more involvement with invites than we think.

Personally I can't see how they can tie your forum names into your beta accounts anyway so I dont think thats true myself.
well usually mmo's have there own forums so the beta/newslatter/forum is all tied to one acount.

i guess theres always a chance the most contributing forum members on fansite ran forums might get pm'ed about beeing welcome to join the beta test but i doubt it

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
p.s. Invisibletank - I hated AoC so unfortunately all my gaming time goes on Warhammer :p

well at least u want to play it and are going to instead of a wasted invite that is automatically canceled after a while and reshuffled into the system... thats prob what will happen to Helmes m8s invite if he doesnt remember the password and log on :(

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie

Heh, I had a similar problem but managed to get it sorted.

gunmannnnn

Fledgling Freddie

i never beta tested again but i feel bit hmm nwm paying 2 accounts in daoc for about 3.5 years.. *and so many others here* Dyvet was @@ed and cba starting again from 0 in other server.. if Dyvet was live i wouldnt QQ for not geting in beta.. but thats life:drink: have to wait till open beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom