Bigger quickbar

K

Keogh

I don't know if this has been bought up before but I find just having the one 10 slot quickbar on screen a bit of a limitation. I know you can scroll through with the mouse wheel, but lets be honest, who has the time to fuck around like that in battle? I have Stealth then Sprint then 4 CS styles then 2 Thrust styles then an assist and a stick button. 10 taken up.

What I'd like to see is you can have as many quickbars open as you want. I'd like one for CS then one for DW and one for Thrust on screen at once. I know that if you run the game at a lower res this might fill the screen a little but for those of us who do run at high res this would be nice :D

Oh btw. This is where someone points out to me that you can do this already and I'm very happy. :D

J

Jonaldo

/me remembers the old days of 8 buttoned quickbars

W

Wij

What's a quickbar ?

On an unrelated note does anyone have a good supply of slash keys ?

C

Cush

Shift+1
Shift+2
Shift+3

there now you got 3 qb's you can use

K

Keogh

Originally posted by Cush
Shift+1
Shift+2
Shift+3

there now you got 3 qb's you can use

Oh you are so funny. Please enlighten us with pleny more of you witicisms :p

A

Apathy

For a start, you could bind stick to a key.

a.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Keogh

I have Stealth then Sprint then 4 CS styles then 2 Thrust styles then an assist and a stick button

Go to keyboard config - you can put stick and sprint (and also follow) on seperate keys.

Voilà I just freed up two spaces on your quickbar - givf plat plz!

G

Gef

1 - 0 for styles then
Minus - Sprint
Equals - Face
Backspace - Stick

Great setup :)

But their should be a way of creating 'hotkeys' for skills, especially RA's which can take up loads of room if you have a lot of actives you are going to need in combat.

L

liste

running the game in higher resolution and thus allowing you to have more QBs open, will give you an unjust advantage. hence, this will never happen.

you can already change with shift-number, make macro's for shuffling, shuffle with mousewheel and shuffle with mouse (which, granted, is a bit slow).

6 months ago (or whatever) people were crying about the illogical 8-button-setup, and got 10. never satisfied, eh? :p

Finally, having _all_ your actions on screen and ready, will give people who use QB with mouse a _HUGE_ advantage, which imo is a bit late, since alot of people used keyboard for 18 months :p

Learn to switch faster, is all i say :p if that doesnt help, i suggest giving your QB setup some serious thought, as it is obviously poorly organized ;)

O

old.Normengast

Originally posted by liste
running the game in higher resolution and thus allowing you to have more QBs open, will give you an unjust advantage. hence, this will never happen.

Sorry but:

:clap:

L

liste

clap all you want, its not going to happen.

Giving people with more money an advantage, will not gain them anything.

encouraging buffbots on the other hand, does look good in Mythic's books, so..

There you have it :)

K

Keogh

Bloody hell. The way this is going people will start saying that running the game on a computer thats powerful enough to reduce the lag in big RvR battles will be an unjust advantage :D

L

liste

No, because that's not something they have control over.

making more QBs available to rich people is, however :p

O

old.logun

keogh if you go into options at char select you can bind sprint and stick to a key giving 2 extra slots on your bar

P

Pin

bind stick and sprint to the keyboard wherever you like.

That then frees up 2 spaces to use the /qbar macro :)

K

kr0n

you can already change with shift-number, make macro's for shuffling, shuffle with mousewheel and shuffle with mouse (which, granted, is a bit slow).

YOU CAN SHUFFLE QBARS WITH MOUSEWHEEL? Why wasn't I told 'bout it?

L

liste

because you dont read patchnotes i guess? :p

<to be fair, we _just_ got it :p >

A

allnewdave

Yes, I want more qbars on screen, if u folks are so happy with shift num then feel free to use it.

What about ppl who are disabled in and have to use the mouse for everything, should they be penalised coz they are disabled?

No of course not.

Also, will they make those stupid little arrows bigger, quite a pathetic size they are at the moment.

A

Apathy

The disabled are blatantly rewarded in DAOC. As long as you have one movable body part left, you can play a chanter.

"Blink once for heat debuff, twice for stun and thrice for nuke."

a.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by kr0n
YOU CAN SHUFFLE QBARS WITH MOUSEWHEEL? Why wasn't I told 'bout it?

LOL me too!! No one told me either!! Tried it last night - works great!

Did you know you can also scroll up and down the chat windows with the mouse wheel?

I am also sure I read in a patch note somewhere you could also move the ground target up and down with the mousewheel, but this doesn't appear to wrok.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Apathy
The disabled are blatantly rewarded in DAOC. As long as you have one movable body part left, you can play a chanter.

"Blink once for heat debuff, twice for stun and thrice for nuke."

a.

Oh Apathy if there were such a thing as the opposite of political correctness you'd be it ;) :fluffle:

S

scarffs

6 months ago (or whatever) people were crying about the illogical 8-button-setup, and got 10. never satisfied, eh? :p

Finally, having _all_ your actions on screen and ready, will give people who use QB with mouse a _HUGE_ advantage, which imo is a bit late, since alot of people used keyboard for 18 months :p

Learn to switch faster, is all i say :p if that doesnt help, i suggest giving your QB setup some serious thought, as it is obviously poorly organized ;)

Jeezes, its all about advantages and you worrying that someone might get a tiny edge on you ?
Do you actually have fun playing ?

R

Rubric

Do people really use the mouse on their quickbars???????????

Weirdo's imo.

M

Merl

Originally posted by parisienscot

I am also sure I read in a patch note somewhere you could also move the ground target up and down with the mousewheel, but this doesn't appear to wrok.

It does work, i usually hold control and groundtarget key and then u can use the mouse to move the ground target fowards and backwards and the wheel to move it up and down ;)

V

villageidiot

i guess your an inf

when i was playing my inf, at first i had trouble fitting everything onto the qb, but after a little fiddling i got it so i was troubled t fill em up

my set up was
1- pa
2- cd
3- ss
4-
5-
6- /qbar 2 macro
7- stealth
8- sprint
9- bs2
0- second chain in bs chain, forget what it is

then qb2
1-garrote
2-garrote chain 2
3-hamstring
4-hamstring chain2
5-hamstring chian3
6-3rd wep
7-stealth
8-sprint
9-detaunt
0-detaunt chian 2

then qb 10 was all the misc stuff like distract and xbow#

theres a pa bar and an everything else bar, perform pa/bs2 chain then press 6 twice to goto melee bar and swap to 3rd wep then melee away.

i was slash tho so no df

more on topic tho, bigger qb would be nice but theres only 10 number keys, and i cant stand using mouse to press buttons i like that free to select new targets etc.

actually be nice for the numpad to control a secondary qb put all the stuff like stealth sprint ip and ras etc on it that you need quick access to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom