Big Brother UK so far

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha, not the shite TV show for braindead.

I'm talking about the 'real' fictional guy.

1:ID cards to be introduced
2:Satellite nav in every car on trial
3:RFID embedded chips in number plates on trial
4:Satellite enforced speed limiters on trial
5:More CCTV cameras per head of population that any other country in the world
6: DNA fingerprinting on arrest
7:Aids test on arrest
8:Child locate via mobile/GPS for the public
9:All phones calls/text messages/emails/sites you visit, time and location recorded by law and kept for 1 year.
10: 1mm 'see through your clothes' radar to be fitted to all tube stations and airports in the next few years.

As my mate in work always said
'Ordinary guy in the street=public enemy No1'

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I don't have a problem with anything you listed. Nothing to hide and don't actually think it's intrusive. I'm all for ID cards, should have been in years ago.

As it is I've more information in my wallet than an ID card would give anyway.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Kami said:
Personally I don't have a problem with anything you listed. Nothing to hide and don't actually think it's intrusive. I'm all for ID cards, should have been in years ago.

im with kami 100% i've got nothing to hide and tbh as we've all seen in the past month if tighter contorls mean less chance of the london bombings ever happening again im all for it.

the trace thing on mobile phones i think is excellant just think of what might have happened if the police could have tracked those 2 little girls that were murdered in soham a couple of years ago, they might have got there in time.

the only thing about ID cards and stuff that worries me is that the good guys will all be carrying them but its a safe bet that the bad guys wont be (or if they are theyll be faked).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Kami said:

have to agree, so long as the information is not abused.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well, where do we start, saying 'I've got nothing to hide' just proves you haven't quite grasped the consequences
Most people look at themselves and say 'We'll I don't rob banks, I'll be OK'

It's not bank robbers or speeders or thieves they are after, it's not what you do
BUT WHAT YOU THINK, or what you MIGHT do in certain situations, it's about mapping your thoughts, your daily routine gives you away to be pidgeon holed and then manipulated.
Who can be trusted and who can't, governments aren't overthrown by car thieves or benefit frauders, they are overthrown by the revolutionaries stirring up the masses.

They want to know who you talk too, what secret plans you may be hatching, who you believe is right, they want to know if YOU may be a threat to their power.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Ive nothing to hide but am against ID cards, i dont see why i should have to pay for something i dont want or feel that we need.

If they want to introduce them, then they should foot the bill, not only that they should ask the population if they want them or not.

But as with everything in this country the government go ahead and do it regardless of whether its wanted / needed.

As Job said its about control and knowing ur every movement / thought, this does / will invade your privacy and thats what i am against.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
you may say, as long as its not abused... Well it will be, it will be abused for blackmailing, spying and what not.
logging of what i do is not something i find very comfortable. As i dont trust them in it will not be abused. Spying on where i drive/go is not something i find very comfortable.
and ez, how can you know that they have prevented bombings? i havnt read about it in the news etc (im from denmark so might not have been in our papers etc), some might feel safe, some might not (in this case i understand why people have been safe, but in 10 years, will people still feel safe with 100+ police officers all around them 24/7?) its all about freedom and space for living for me... im certainly against it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
"9:All phones calls/text messages/emails/sites you visit, time and location recorded by law and kept for 1 year"

-I know what, lets look at this persons phone-

Person One (IRL Friend, Alb - DAoC player): Man, that bomb was insane, hope no one uses it again, it'd kill people.
Person Two (IRL Frind, Mid - DAoC player) Totally agree, though I wish I could bomb them myself =\

I mean, doesnt that look like terroist material? =\ (Reaver Bomb, pre nerf)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Well, where do we start, saying 'I've got nothing to hide' just proves you haven't quite grasped the consequences
Most people look at themselves and say 'We'll I don't rob banks, I'll be OK'

It's not bank robbers or speeders or thieves they are after, it's not what you do
BUT WHAT YOU THINK, or what you MIGHT do in certain situations, it's about mapping your thoughts, your daily routine gives you away to be pidgeon holed and then manipulated.
Who can be trusted and who can't, governments aren't overthrown by car thieves or benefit frauders, they are overthrown by the revolutionaries stirring up the masses.

They want to know who you talk too, what secret plans you may be hatching, who you believe is right, they want to know if YOU may be a threat to their power.

No what it means is that I don't agree with you, nothing to do with whether I do or do not grasp the consequences.

There's more information on TESCO cards than on most government systems at least the Tesco data is fairly up to date. As far as recording everything I do or say on phone calls - it's been done for years just not as detailed.

Tell you what, step by step for you:

(Bring them on, want the Gov to pay? (you do realise you pay for it anyway then right?)

I drive all day, don't blow anything up or run people over for fun. This would probably be handy for solving some crimes.

See above

Great, less deaths. Stupid having a 70mph speed limit when all vehicles can go over it. I've crashed, I've seen what happens and yes it was my fault by going to fast. I'd rather it didn't happen again.

Handy for keeping plebs who can't do other jobs employed and again good for crime rates.

Not 100% reliable but again good for finding suspects. I'm all for this.

Protect the officers and others. Good.

Excellent idea. Don't like it? don't buy a mobile.

9:All phones calls/text messages/emails/sites you visit, time and location recorded by law and kept for 1 year.
Well they've been able to tell who you called for years, just an extention of this.

10: 1mm 'see through your clothes' radar to be fitted to all tube stations and airports in the next few years.
Hope I get a job on this scanner when miss world comes to down ;)

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
some of it is welcome imo, but the amount of privacy we would have after it is almost nothing, its way way too much of an invasion of privacy imo, cards, fine, least you will have ID, sat nav, well, i dont drive, the speed thing, well, i bet that dont go for police cars either eh, rest i aint that bothered about.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Some of the stuff theyre introducing does have its advantage but then again, it seems that the government is doing more and more to control the lives of everyone.

I dont like the fact that a satellite could be peeking through my window watching me do things, I mean what if youre getting on with your girlfriend, how do you know there isnt some government guy watching you? :p

Its soon going to get to the point where we will be living lives directed by how the government thinks you should, it's stuff like that which scares me.

There's a sense of someone always looking over your shoulder watching you, theres hardly any sense of privacy around now.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have not readd all this post but most of the new trials im up for, the new ID / supper card if i could have every card i have in my wallet as well as my passport tuned into one card then yeah bring it on, it will be alot more secure on your bank cards than this chip and pin bollocks. (assuming then ID cards are going to hold bank card details as well?)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Huntingtons said:
and ez, how can you know that they have prevented bombings?.

i think (could be wrong) i said there would be less chance of them happening again, if you are a n00b terrorist not terribly sure of yourself and a bit scared are you really going to go through with it if you think your every move is being watched or can be traced? dont think so. The die hard fanatical terrorists prolly wont give a damn but i think (and this is just imo) that it will help to put a lot of other people off trying to commit a crime like that.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
No what it means is that I don't agree with you, nothing to do with whether I do or do not grasp the consequences.

There's more information on TESCO cards than on most government systems at least the Tesco data is fairly up to date. As far as recording everything I do or say on phone calls - it's been done for years just not as detailed.

Tell you what, step by step for you:

(Bring them on, want the Gov to pay? (you do realise you pay for it anyway then right?)

I drive all day, don't blow anything up or run people over for fun. This would probably be handy for solving some crimes.

See above

Great, less deaths. Stupid having a 70mph speed limit when all vehicles can go over it. I've crashed, I've seen what happens and yes it was my fault by going to fast. I'd rather it didn't happen again.

Handy for keeping plebs who can't do other jobs employed and again good for crime rates.

Not 100% reliable but again good for finding suspects. I'm all for this.

Protect the officers and others. Good.

Excellent idea. Don't like it? don't buy a mobile.

Well they've been able to tell who you called for years, just an extention of this.

Hope I get a job on this scanner when miss world comes to down ;)

Agree 100%
+1

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
about ID cards... UK is the only country I know that does NOT have them... and it's a nightwmare to NOT have any form of official form ID... if you wanna do anything in this country they ask you to bring utility bills and/or bank statements "as proof of ID"... how retarted is that?
about CCTV cams: UK already has the highest count of cams per head, every little frickin kebab place has 3 or 4 ... in UK you are under survilance 24/7 anyway, privacy my ass... don't come and moan about ID cards bein introduced :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom