Big Brother is watching you!

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
F. Patching the Game

For the purposes of updating/patching or otherwise modifying the Game, you hereby grant Mythic permission to (a) extract hardware system profile data; (b) extract information from your computer’s file directories pertaining to the Game and your ability to access the System; (c) download Game Content and Game files to your computer and any data related to operation of the Game from any computer that logs on to the System using your Account.

this is an update of eula, made with installation of NF on USA servers.

and imo (b) means that if they find, for example, an installation of macro express 3 on ur PC - u may get banned, as u *could* use it for macroing.

so much for privacy respect...

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Haldar said:
F. Patching the Game

For the purposes of updating/patching or otherwise modifying the Game, you hereby grant Mythic permission to (a) extract hardware system profile data; (b) extract information from your computer’s file directories pertaining to the Game and your ability to access the System; (c) download Game Content and Game files to your computer and any data related to operation of the Game from any computer that logs on to the System using your Account.

and imo (b) means that if they find, for example, an installation of macro express 3 on ur PC - u may get banned, as u *could* use it for macroing.

Thats just absurd. Do I get banned now when they start searching my hard drives and find AutoIt (which I use to code scripts - things what I do for work)?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
Thats just absurd. Do I get banned now when they start searching my hard drives and find AutoIt (which I use to code scripts - things what I do for work)?

Kinda yes

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Aloca said:
Kinda yes

IMHO they cannot make such addition to the game for European DAOC. Iirc in Diablo 2, they added such mechanism to the game to gather data, which then would be sent to the server once logged, but it was limited to yankee version of Diablo. Due the privacy protection reasons - as the first poster of this thread stated.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
well then 90% of the servers crafters/hing'ers will get banned? :>

ps. dont think they will take action agaist this kind of software as EU CoC more or less allows you to macro aslong as you are at your comp watching it macro...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
F. Patching the Game

hes just angry cus now he has to hide his p0rn
:fluffle:

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently some ppl with a well known radar/hax program had it installed but didn't use it and didnt get banned - and anyway scanning your HD at patching would probably take too long to go unnoticed.

If they ban ppl who have programs which are "capable" of macroing, they better ban everyone with MS word or VB installed!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Read it again thinking like a lawyer. All it allows Mythic to do is the essential checks they need to in order to have the patching tool work. Nothing more. Its not giving them the right to check for hacks/radars/macros/whatever outwith the installation directory. No need for paranoia.

judas said:
EU CoC more or less allows you to macro aslong as you are at your comp watching it macro...
No more or less about it: its pretty stupid but macroing while at the keyboard is by GOAs rules completely legal.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
well, for macros it depends on how it works I think - if it modifies a game file or changes DAoC's packets its against the EULA.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
No more or less about it: its pretty stupid but macroing while at the keyboard is by GOAs rules completely legal.

Hmmm, didn't know that. Well, any good macroing thing going around? Time to get my first crafter too (will need to gather some cast first but not that hard) :D

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Draylor said:

why is it stupid if i wanna avoid RSI when i hinge asterite?

Aussie

Banned
Haldar said:
F. Patching the Game

you do know there is a [decline] button next to the [accept] button?

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Stupid referred to GOA permitting it at all. Makes it more difficult for them to take action against anyone (suspected of) macroing.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
why is it stupid if i wanna avoid RSI when i hinge asterite?

Well, no one makes you hinge tbh.

Give DE. Simplified crafting and no cheats needed for that :)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
Stupid referred to GOA permitting it at all. Makes it more difficult for them to take action against anyone (suspected of) macroing.
think they have stated someone that they can ban or temp ban anyone for no reason at all tho :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Theyve said alot of things, many of them are mistakes, wrong, or just bullshit. You decide which category that fits into :p

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
you do know there is a [decline] button next to the [accept] button?
So true...
And it has been said in many threads before that Wannado and spyware walks hand in hand so can mythic really be any worse? :eek:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

Can you tell me where exactly you get your opinion from? As I read it, they are scanning your GAME directories (...pertaining to the game) and your User level (your ability to access the System). So unless you have macro express 3 installed in your DAOC folder, you´re safe.

Ironically, all the privacy zealots are often the same people that are merrily using realplayer, Internet Explorer, sharing oodles and oodles of uncontrolled mp3´s via Kazaa and happily klicking "yes" when they´re being asked if they want to install the latest GAIN tools together with the new DivX player.

(btw: Scanning a system for installed programs and checking the system against a blacklist of disallowed tools like Demon or CD burning stuff during an installation process IS possible. Software Companies are already using this technique. ;))

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Judas is right, online csr on US said to irl mate of mine: U can make and use any kind of macro to automatise any processes in Daoc as long as you are at the computer.

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
edit: deleted everything, delete this post plz :p

didn't read the 2nd page b4 replying :eek:

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Would been stupid tho. Everytime I enter a net-cafee, I have to scan the computer for everything that might get me banned, before I can logg on with my own account.

Zorewin

Fledgling Freddie
GOOOD!! i dont care about this as long as it stop cheaters goa can scan in my windows and download my dvd movies if they want as long as they wack the focking cheaters silly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom