BI needs YOU!

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm ok I just got an email:

"I have a company in Poole, Dorset called <snip>. They are looking for students who are interested in Civil/structural engineering for a placement, are you interested in me putting your CV forward for it? Let me know asap.
Thanks"

Its from the year in industry people, estimated salary of £18,000 for 10months work.

I need to know:

- Whether thats a decent salary, and worth taking a gap year for.
- What poole (and dorset in general) are like.
- What house prices are like there.
- Whether I will be able to comfortably pay to rent a flat/house there for 10months and have enough money to keep myself permanently drunk when I go to uni (4 year course).

I'm sure someone knows something. If not, just any old advice about how to do washing etc, or the cheapest ways to send it home.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
£18,000 for 10 months work ain't too shabby...especially if you are planning to go to Uni straight afterwards.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Poole is next door to Bournemouth, where all the old peoples go for their summer holidays :(

Hmmm, didn't Ala say something about paying a visit to Poole one of these days?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
do it blith - just make sure they have the net :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Go for it, it might turn into a permanent job which is worth a damn site more than any college degree.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
Go for it, it might turn into a permanent job which is worth a damn site more than any college degree.
As a Civil Engineer my salary will literally double when I become a MICE (member of the institue of chartered engineers). So I think ill still be doing the degree :p Having spoken to them briefly on the phone though, they say that if they are impressed by me then they will sponsor my degree provided I go back to work for them... :D

Nice avatar by the way tom ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
BlitheringIdiot said:
As a Civil Engineer my salary will literally double when I become a MICE (member of the institue of chartered engineers). So I think ill still be doing the degree :p Having spoken to them briefly on the phone though, they say that if they are impressed by me then they will sponsor my degree provided I go back to work for them... :D

aye Tim im staring to feel the epilepsy come on....

BI: get the job mate itl be a good lark and even if you break even and they dont sponsor ou you will have had 10month of real experience which will make you considerably more attrative to future employers. Also if u save upo a few grand youl have enough beer money for more than just Freshers week when you DO go to uni.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
BlitheringIdiot said:

sounds good, the thing is u need to know about the exact implication of going back to work for them, although the prospect of getting ur degree sponsered is pretty good in my opinion, and as i have been told countless times : experience is essential for many of the well paid jobs, getting a job like this is as good a way as any to get your 'foot in the door' so to speak.

might be worth going on a fact finding tour to find out about the company, just to make sure.

best of luck though m8y :) and as brynn said make sure u can get on the net in whereever it is, FH wouldnt be the same without yo.

EDIT : strange but thats just what i wasthinkin about toms avatar, pretty snazzy!

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
If you do go for it, steer clear of the Kings Arms pub on Poole quay ;)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Hmmm, didn't Ala say something about paying a visit to Poole one of these days?

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!![/QUOTE]

Nah I'm over Poole :eek: ...I wanna get a Limo to Cambridge now :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom