BG1 Tournament

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, i was thinking maybe later at night we could do a little tournament with a Melee and Caster division, before i got set stuff up i would like to know your opinion about this.

Love : Gekoeld, Maxihulk.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
im definatly in, but im not sure if it would work..should be somewhere really off like tomb raiders or what theyre called, ppl will try and ruin it, someone always does but you have my support, maybe we should try and arrange it nest week so we have som structure in it, tournament list etc

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
last week we did some duels atk to the right big hill thingy, we didnt have unsuspected company, and indeed, we need a good loc, organisation for it, and bring only ppl who you can trust, and not the rp horny thergy or bodysorcs who try to spoil it, and maybe next week shudbe good, more time to get things straight.

K ppl, i need more, prove you rule 1v1, no stealthzerg/zergs to spoil it :).
Havent seen a 1337 ctx or ctx-alike yet. <ps : luvya ctx X:>

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Zern said:
what about buffs?

All fights as natural as possible, selfbuffs are allowed, for instance. friar, champ, thane's from the top of my head. But infils/sb/ns's will have to be all unbuffed.

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
We need certain boundary's in where the duel's are beeing held, lets say a football field wide and long, i will just put down a lvl1 poison potion, in each corner, pick em up once in a while. By this you know how far you can go, this is important if for instance a Berserker is fighting an infiltrator, stealthers get to stealth, but not further then the actual lines. If for instance stealthers could NOT use stealth, PA specced classes/BOW class -specced- could not perform as well as in normal rvr.
For casters we start at a longer distance, lets say out of Nearsight range, and then start.
Now two examples.
I will be refere together with Hamro i suppose, i will give the start signal wich is /victory , and i will look at both sides beeing ready.

When the event starts ill be in #thid.excal - quakenetserver IRC. Named as Ref-XerX

example1:
Both are stealthers, SB and Infil, i see them beeing ready, i /victory they both stealth and dont cross line-boundary's and find eachother and try to kill one another.

example2:
Chanter vs SM: We start at a range where none of all attacks can hit the other at the start, so wide range between both players, i victory and you duel. Simple or not.

Questions/Suggestions/Improvements are welcome.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
cant log on to IRC , got dem nasty virus/trojan stuff so :<

all my thid t00ns are gimpy anyways :p

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
cant log on to IRC , got dem nasty virus/trojan stuff so :<

all my thid t00ns are gimpy anyways :p

All are welcome, you can contact me ingame under Gekoeld, mid/exc too, when the event starts.

Thers quite some albs around who dont know what sc is, maybe even entering the dueling. So join ;l

Solstice

Fledgling Freddie
Givf /loc of the tournament so I can go there and aoe dot everyone :p j/k

I'm up for the melee division with my gimpy arms, Yuren.

Bring rezzbots if possible aye. And let stealthers do their thing imo.

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Yes caster duels are hard, fighting a stunpet caba or therg <supprisingly both albs> are hard to duel, nearsight can change that, i think light eld will do good vs those.. Melee fights are more fun and common in these tournaments. It's still early so i think quite a bit more ppl will come and have a talk. Allthough it wont be this week, we need planning etc.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Parade said:
Melee fights are more fun and common in these tournaments.
Can Shadowblades be included in the normal melee rounds of this tournament if they dont use stealth? And if so is poison allowed?

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Naugi said:
Can Shadowblades be included in the normal melee rounds of this tournament if they dont use stealth? And if so is poison allowed?

Hi Sindi, well we allow each selfbuffs/buffs who the char inherits, wich means poison is allowed, you spec envenom for that, if this wud not be allowed its the same that a skald<me> cant use his dmg add.

All is allowed, and stealthers will be in normal melee contest, they have stealth to their advantage. If you choose to not use stealth so be it.

One melee contest one caster contest <that is if we have enough casters>

Regnorm

Fledgling Freddie
Parade said:
Yes caster duels are hard, fighting a stunpet caba or therg <supprisingly both albs> are hard to duel, nearsight can change that, i think light eld will do good vs those.. Melee fights are more fun and common in these tournaments. It's still early so i think quite a bit more ppl will come and have a talk. Allthough it wont be this week, we need planning etc.

Okay, it all sounds great and fine and ih and oh and all that.
Well, where to held it?
When to do it?
Time ect.?

It would be np do it if we are many who stands there, then no-one would be rude enough to come spoil it cus they know they will get pwned by the bigger organisation of albs/mids/hibs if anyone tries to do somethin stoopid.

Well anyways im up for it too.. i got a Sava i need to test some things with and my SB need blood too ;)

Hope it'll work out, gl :D

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
if its sometime next week i'd be uf for playing with my NS - that is when i reactivate my acc :eek:

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, ive been away for the weekend, but the plan still stands, iam trying to figure out a good date for the tournament, untill now only melee has a way of succeeding so far, considering not many casters applied yet.

Today ill too post on pry-bg1 forum, maybe they can bring some too, all on excal ofc.

K lets c later.

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Reason why i wanna do this tournament is mainly bcuz.

- Ppl qq/whine that they solo and get owned by zergs <not always albzerg>
- I hope that the ppl that actually sed they'd come, will come, since thers often a lot less ppl actually comming then we hoped for.

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Melee devision is getting nicely started now heres what we got so far;
- My skald: gekoeld
- Hamro's: NS/ranger/VW
- Coldbeards: ? maybe gimpy thid char
- Solstice: Arms
- Naugi: SB?
- Sindi: SB?
- Eyeball: SB/Thane
- Regnorm: SB/Savage
- Lorra: NS
- Grimmen: Berserker

Caster:
- Deman*: Theurgist

Ok, iam looking for more alb and hib classes, all are welcome offcourse.
Some alb infil and some normal hib classes could be fun. <champ cough*>.

Keeep applying ;p

Solstice

Fledgling Freddie
Few questions:

Is strafing allowed? It's lame imho :(

What about end/heal pots?

We should write down all the rules to avoid confusion tho

Parade

Fledgling Freddie
Solstice said:
Few questions:

Is strafing allowed? It's lame imho :(

What about end/heal pots?

We should write down all the rules to avoid confusion tho

Do classes get end/heal pots in their baseline, NO. so the answer to pots is NO.

Strafing well, i hate it too and so do alot of ppl, some say strafing is skill some say it isnt, but no strafing in the tournament.

Solstice

Fledgling Freddie
kk, I don't use pots but I noticed loads of players, mainly stealthers, use them in bg, that's why I asked :p

C'mon I wanna duel some heavy tanks from other realms, not just sb/sav/zerk :( they're all gonna hurt my big HO ass badly xD

Would be great if Belgerath and Erdna join the tournament too :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom