BG1 Infi Spec

M

meannor

I have a lvl 19 Infi atm with the following spec's and was wondering how to spec ready for BG1

Stealth auto till 24th
Critical Strike 19
Thrust 17
Envenom 14

any suggestions on what I should have by the time I hit 24th level ???

V

Vasconcelos

Respecc to slash at level 20, then u get at 24th:

Slash 18+5 (for the really nice combo Uppercut+Opal)
Steallth 18+5 (more than enuff for bg1)
Envenom 17+5 (for the best posion of bg1: enervating)
Critical Strike 21+5 (for the PA)
Dual Weild 6+5 (boost of damage n allows you to land an ocasional 2nd poison)

Tested it with my own briton bg alt, n it works really really fine. Get a crafted suit with +13 resist on slash/thrust/crush.

PS: by the time im writing this im just watching at the other PC (its at the other side of the room) how Microbe chops Ohcan who is afk on amg. Gogogogogo Microbe "doublefrost4tehwin" :p:p

S

swords

Thrust is gimped for BG1 Slash is the way to go :)

Stealth 19+5
CS21+5
slash 15+5
Envenom 20+5
DW5+5

gives you the 25 dot poison which makes alot of difference, PA and all that gubbins, decent melle with slash and a decent chance to DW considering.

all you need to use are PA Hamstring garrotte Backstab 2 and Thigh cut.

piece of piss BG1 stealther ready to rock.

K

K0nah

i liked 19+5 on my sz, really helps when u can see enemy stealthers fractions of a second before they see u, also nice having the option to give them the slip/take a detour if needed ;)

enervating is a must, its evul in bg1

PA likewise, infs dont get LA sooo...

19+5 stealth
18+5 slash
17+5 env
21+5 cs

needs auto-stealth to 24, 1 point left over.

the couple points u could put in dw really wont make any difference at all, better to spend them on higher weaponskill/stealth imo.

hope u a briton? or u may wanna stick with thrust & carry a shield in offhand, Beartooth is the BG1 Dragonfang :p

S

stinkie

Originally posted by swords

Stealth 19+5
CS21+5
slash 15+5
Envenom 20+5
DW5+5

gives you the 25 dot poison which makes alot of difference, PA and all that gubbins, decent melle with slash and a decent chance to DW considering.

DO THIS SPEC !!!!

I have it on my bg alt ionlywantahug and i cant believe how effective it is. the 25 dot is a killer if u PA with a bastard sword you only need 1 garrote and the dot wll finish the job on pretty much any class ( cant think of a time it didnt)

I one shot 50% of casters and have killed a fair few tanks in just 1 PA and dot

The only bad thing about this spec is its too easy to kill and i reallly feel like there is no skill involved.

G

greger

Im going to make a second inf for bg1 with:
Stealth: 24+5
Slash: rest of points
Cs: 21+5
Dw: 0+5
Env: might put some in it

with this template ill be able to climb the walls of the centerkeep and do some nice Pa kills on enemy casters. Just has to hope the enemies has the centerkeep. have never seen any assasin in bg1 that has specced for climb so i thought id try it=)

B

BrassMonkey

Originally posted by greger
with this template ill be able to climb the walls of the centerkeep and do some nice Pa kills on enemy casters. Just has to hope the enemies has the centerkeep. have never seen any assasin in bg1 that has specced for climb so i thought id try it=)

You cannot spec for climb in bg1, you need 25 stealth to get climb and you don't get the ability if you have 20 + 5 from magic stuff, or even 24+5 from magic stuff.

Same as you don't get styles for having any +'s on weaponskill.

G

greger

hmm ok i was almost sure i got climb when i got 24 in stealth. must have remembered wrong then. and yeah i do know that i dont get styles or abilities from + ..

L

legaoniel.old

slash or thrust slash or thrust

Why slash and not thrust? (My Inf is saracen with high DEX so thought this was best...)

J

jilson

Originally posted by greger
Im going to make a second inf for bg1 with:
Stealth: 24+5

lol :D

G

greger

Re: slash or thrust slash or thrust

Originally posted by legaoniel.old
Why slash and not thrust? (My Inf is saracen with high DEX so thought this was best...)

cause i already have a thrust inf and want to be a slasher for a while=P. But now ill just scrap those plans since i cant get climb walls untill 25 in stealth=/. would really have been fun to try a nice ol PA on some caster on the wall in bg1=D.

A

**Aligro**

oral.jpg

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by swords

Stealth 19+5
CS21+5
slash 15+5
Envenom 20+5
DW5+5

best spec no dout. but thrust instead of slash.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by stinkie
The only bad thing about this spec is its too easy to kill and i reallly feel like there is no skill involved.

same with any spec and any assasin isnt it? :)

friggin skill-less parasites.

the only real fun u have is the assassin vs assasin fights, everything else is just filler.

S

swords

Assasin V assasin...

Sb's?
slash vunerable?

why go slash instead of thrust?

you do the math....

E

Exrex

My bg infil specs:

Stealth: 20
Thrust(/Slash?): 16
Envenom: 15
Critical Strike: 21
Dual Wield: 5

I was actually told by several infils that i had very good stealth, and i also killed alot solo.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
you mean bg2 then

BG1 will always be thid... BG0 is Abermenei or whatever the heck it's called :p

edit: Pin :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom