BG Spec??? (HIB)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
i wuld like a NS and ranger bg spec plz :) ty in advance! :cheers:

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
i dont know about rangers but i can tell you what i know about nightshades. First off you need to spec 19 stealth so that with +5 from items you have 24 stealth and are therefore as good as anyone else in the bg at detecting and remaining hidden. To play your shade as a pure assassin type spec 21 critical striking to get perforate artery, this gives you a frontal stealth attack that does hefty damage and causes a bleed, this is in addition to the backstab2 and thigh cut stealthed attack chain. Spec 17 envenom to give you minor ennervating poison (level 22 str/con debuff) put the remaining points into your base damage type and celtic dual, for a spec of 21 cs 19 st 17 env 10 pierce/blade 3 cd. there are other ways to spec of course but this one is pretty good :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
With my ranger in BG1 I was iirc
Pathfinding 6
Stealth 15
Bow 24 (I liked maxed bow)
Pierce 15
CD 7
no points left over
although PF spells have improved since my ranger was in bg1

currently with my NS in bg1 I am
19 stealth
21 critstrike
9 envenom
18 pierce
which works fine for the way I like to play

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
I would go with this NS spec instead, since you don't get a poison on lvl 14 (modified), there's no need to spec 9 envenom:

21 cs
19 stealth
18 pierce
8 envenom
4 CD
all +5, no points leftover.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
just go:

19stealth
10cs
20env
18(?)blades/thrust and kajt aweh!

for ranger;

21bow will be fine, rest don't know

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
some people cant play ranger obviously

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Dommelsch said:
just go:

19stealth
10cs
20env
18(?)blades/thrust and kajt aweh!

for ranger;

21bow will be fine, rest don't know

10 CS ????
Better go 0 CS, and do a Battle NS :p

U Got to have at least PA, or u're not a truee stealther :p

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
10 CS ????

why i would go at least 10 cs would be cos backstab 2 still hits pretty hard with a stun and more importantly penetrates bladeturn. By the way someone mentioned speccing 20 envenom, i always thought you couldnt exceed your level with a skill, does 20+5 envenom give you the level 25 dot at level 24?

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
You only get "skills" on your base line. The +items just make it more effective, IIRC.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
does 20+5 envenom give you the level 25 dot at level 24
I heard somewhere that is does grant you the lvl 25 dot, as would 24+5 envenom grant you the lvl 29 debuff, not sure tho' :p

Jimmeh

Fledgling Freddie
envenom allows you yo use poisons of your spec + bonuses... so if you have 10+5 you can use a lvl 15 poison. it doesnt allow you to go above your level though... 20+5 would only grant a lvl 24 poiton at level 24, the same as 19+5

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
20+5 Envenom does allow you to use the level 25 venom.

Not sure I should be telling people that though, better to leave you all with level 20 venom on your blades. ;)

Fighting a new wave of assassins with a DoT that ticks for 38 isnt going to be much fun <hides> :eek6:

Cunnyfunt

Fledgling Freddie
i reckon only infils could afford to spec so high in envenom (20) without gimping themselves too badly in other areas.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Cunnyfunt said:
i reckon only infils could afford to spec so high in envenom (20) without gimping themselves too badly in other areas.
It works very nicely on Shadowblades as long as you dont mind having no CS and low LA. Can still one shot casters if you hit them with a 2-hander for 200+ and leave a DoT thats going to do an extra 120-150 damage. :worthy:

Dommelsch's Nightshade spec with 20 Envenom would also work fine I think. :)

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Cunnyfunt said:
Sauruman said:
10 CS ????

why i would go at least 10 cs would be cos backstab 2 still hits pretty hard with a stun and more importantly penetrates bladeturn. By the way someone mentioned speccing 20 envenom, i always thought you couldnt exceed your level with a skill, does 20+5 envenom give you the level 25 dot at level 24?

Well with 10 CS, your BS 2 may be a nice style, but the dmg won't be very nice, or the dmg in the cs styles r affected by the amount of points spent on the weapon spec ?

If the amount of points in the CS spec don't affect your dmg output, than its your playstyle that can determinate the spec :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom