BF4 crashing?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Anyone still play this? I really like it, but my game crashes at least once an evening :(

I've googled a bit but most answers relate to stuff from 18 months ago. Anyone have any ideas?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Running something like HWiNFO while you're playing to keep an eye on temperatures would be my first stab.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Pretty sure it's not temperatures tbh, sometimes it crashes immediately, sometimes after an hour. I'll give it a look though thanks.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I remember my BF's dying like flies if they ever, ever, ever had a dip in the internet connection and lost track of the master servers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone still play this? I really like it, but my game crashes at least once an evening :(
I refuse to buy them any more because EA/DICE release buggy crashy shit.

I did love the series, but aside from EA's general business practice the fact that they constantly release buggy games was the biggest single factor in me stopping giving them any more cash. Ever.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
4285592033.png

My internet connection is pretty good, I'm not sure I can get it better :) I'm going to try to observe temp ratings next time I play. My PC is quite good, but you never know! And thanks so far :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think I found your problem

It appears to say "Croydon"

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Just played for half an hour, no crashes, the temp on my GTX760 maxed at 74 degrees which is fine. I'll wait for the next crash (there's bound to be one!) and see what the temp is then.

Thanks @caLLous by the way :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I know chum. Not to say your connex is bad or anything, but I remember BF2142 and that would CTD or worse if the master servers got their knickers in a twist :-/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Only seems to effect me on the server though :( Played for 3 maps just now, it crashed on the 3rd, with my gpu and cpu both well within acceptable heat range.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
PC master race blah blah blah etc.
It's not the platform. It's EA & DICE. They simply don't give a fuck about stability because they haven't got two massive corporations breating down their neck saying 'if you want continued privileged support then focus on these).

But I'd still only play on PC. I've seen it on consoles and wtflolroffle tbfh ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I wouldn't even dream of playing anything on a console. I didn't even realise that was what that comment was about , it would be too ridiculous :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom