Bf2 - V1.4

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
But will it fix the 'There is a problem with your connection' errors?

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Maljonic said:
But will it fix the 'your connection to the server has been lost' errors?

Some people are saying they still have crashes but some say they are not. I suppose time will tell.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I noticed you tend to get crashes more when the server admins decide to change to a new map mid game, which is very annoying by the way, and it boots everyone off because of the connection being lost thing.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Maljonic said:
But will it fix the 'There is a problem with your connection' errors?

no, but updating my nvidia system drivers certainly helped out loads with that tbh.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Since when?

Anyway I lost my connection once tonight, in about 2 and a half hours, but my score was still there when I rejoined - which was nice. :)

Poag

m00?
with the new patch we have "Infantry only" mod built in now.

I've setup #2 as infantry only on the urban maps

#1 is still Urban only Maps

TdC

Maljonic said:
Since when?

Anyway I lost my connection once tonight, in about 2 and a half hours, but my score was still there when I rejoined - which was nice. :)

since last thursday mate. I've been running on the same system drivers for a year. the upgrade will be really tested tomorrow as I'm playing BF2 with mates, and my connection would be lost after an hour or so :/

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Cool TdC, let us know how it goes. :)

edit: I'll go and get the drivers myself too and test it tonight.

TdC

certainly mate. I'm putting the 1.4 patch on tonight, and the drivers I put on last week. I'm curious to see if it affects your problems like it did mine.

you don't happen to have an X2 cpu as well do you?

TdC

aparantly having an X2 and getting wierd "Connection lost" messages are related. Let me know how you get on with the new drivers!

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah sure. Up and till now I've been setting the affinity to one cpu for playing bf2, like I said in the other thread, and that seemed to reduce it a bit - unless it was just that PC lizard thing playing with my mind, making me think my adjustments were actually doing soemthing when they weren't. :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, it seemed all right for one map, then we changed to Sharqi Peninsula and I kept getting booted out to the server joining page, with no connection warning though. I thought it might be a freak thing but it happen 4 times, so I switched back to only having affinity to one cpu and it's been fine for the rest of the night - about 2 hours. I knew the one cpu thing had fixed it right away, you could just tell it was running smoother as soon as the map came back on.

I didn't lose my score on the server with any of the disconnections by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom