BF2 System Spec

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
When BF2 first came out i decided i wouldn't get it because it would mean upgrading alot, but after getting a little jealous of everyone playing it i decided to upgrade after all :p Just bought myself a GeForce 6800 - Currently i have 512RAM, 2Ghz processor - I've read around and people tend to say different things, do i need more or should i be okay? What specs are you lot using and how is it working out?

Cheers,

Penguin.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'd have thought more RAM would be good - maybe a new processor. However, I've got 512mb's of ram and a 2.8ghz and it runs fine here. A few hiccups when it loads a map but after a minute it's smooth.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
I sometimes get those hiccups while playing other games, usually only once a map loads or something but doesn't last long at all. Thanks for the reply, i think i should be okay ;) Are processors rather expensive / tricky to replace?

Penguin.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
All depends on your motherboard. It could be as easy as lego but you need to know how much your motherboard can take. If you know the make/model of your mobo it should be fairly easy to find out. However - I'd recommend trying the game first and see if it's worth upgrading. As for price, that depends too - are you on AMD or Intel, a 3ghz intel is only about 100 quid.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The more ram the better :)
My specs -
3500-64 AMD
A8v Asus mobo
2 gig Corsair ram
6800GT

I play with everything on full except textures on medium and dynamic shadows off ( dont like em) and it plays smooth as silk tbh.
I even have 2x AA on, so it even looks good too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom