BF2 Community

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
If you're looking for a good battlefield 2 community to join then I suggest [b][u]www.bf2nation.co.uk[/b][/u]. I've been browsing through them all and although this one doesn't have the most members, its a European community, which is pretty important in my books. :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
I don't know, so far in my reading of the forums it seems to be full of incredibly bad spelling, with attendant trouble at coherently expressing themselves, and a lot of "omg, wtf pwn!" type posts.

-Ath

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
I don't use it myself but just checking over it didn't seem too bad, considering some FPS Community websites/Forums i've visited :p Very nice site though.

- Penguin.

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
Athan said:
I don't know, so far in my reading of the forums it seems to be full of incredibly bad spelling, with attendant trouble at coherently expressing themselves, and a lot of "omg, wtf pwn!" type posts.

-Ath

Well I thought it was put together well. :) Considering I've frequented this forums far more than any other I did notice the distinct difference in diction, but that seemed to swell from a select few.

Other than that I think it's preferable as it's a UK/EU community, and so closer to home . Albeit there may be a far better knowledge base on the larger international communities, such as www.totalbf2.com (be sure to check this one out also), they prove far too "elite" for my liking, and have far worse spelling :D

Be sure to make your own mind up. :)

Thank you Penguin for posting the correct link, I haven't posted in a long while and the html is a little different.

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Hello chaps!

As developer and co-founder of www.bf2nation.co.uk I'd like to say a few things regarding the site, it's content and it's members spelling.

BF2Nation is indeed a UK Battlefield 2 community website that aims to provide the definitive reference material for all UK BF2'ers. Although a very young site, most of it's time has been spent on developing the sites overall "look" so far, although we will now be concentrating on the site's content itself and have already began an extensive knowledge base and FAQ section, although by no means has all the material we wish been published as of yet.

BF2Nation has recently secured server sponsorship from a premier UK server company, UltimateQuest. With the new BF2Nation server comes many opportunities for BF2Nation to extend it's services to it's subscribed members. These services include Forum Games run for all registered members of the BF2Nation forum to full on competitions, aswell as providing a decent UK public server from which to connect. As of tonight, BF2Nation will have a public 32 slot UK ranked server in addition to the sponsored 32 slot UQ server. Aswell as the servers themselves, BF2Nation has a 50 slot Teamspeak server to allow members to meet and greet each other (and complain about spelling :sex: ).

Unfortunately, the "leet speak" comes hand in hand with most community site's, especially site's within the FPS genre. Fortunately there a very few member's who use it.

Please understand I am 110% dedicated to the BF2Nation site and it's registered member's. The BF2Nation staff will do our upmost to provide the best services as we would expect when registering with a community site. If you feel content requires inclusion, please feel free to suggest, even submit articles etc.

Please take time to register, get on Teamspeak, and speak to me personally.

Many thanks, Red.

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
We have dropped our current sponsor and decided to go for a new one. Multiplay. This now gives the BF2Nation community a UK ranked server plus an unranked server to host competitions and forum games.

There will hopefully be a third server soon (ranked) which we paid for.

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Forum Game

Second forum game for BF2Nation on Monday 12th September 7:30pm GMT. All members of FreddysHouse welcome to participate regardless of spelling.

Maps:
Dalian Plant
Kubra Dam

Time:
7:15 to 7:30 on coms - 8:00pm start (start time approximate)

Communication:
Ventrillo coms, IP details: 85.236.100.19:48379

Win rule:
Two rounds each map. Win based on tickets

Server:
Multiplay BF2Nation server # 2 - IP: 85.236.101.56 : 16567

Poag

m00?
Hmm..time to roll the Freddysquad onto another server and show em what we are made of?

Loud noises and screaming fyi :p

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
Well for the first forum games we played Mashtuur and Karkand, which made for a rather linear take on it.

I think these two maps will offer a different type of combat, so I'm pleased at the choices.

Hopefully a few more freddies could register at BF2Nation and whack there name on the list, its great fun. :)

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
You must bear in mind these are competitive matches with everyone on coms, and not your average public server play with very little (if any) team play, so the map's which you think are poo, are more than likely going to play completely different when played competitively. I certainly found that with Mashtuur and Karkand.

Plus all the FreedyHouse chaps can meet on coms, possibly (depending on team selection) have a "Freddy Squad" on your team.

Don't be all girly and shy. You're welcome to get on coms whenever you like.

Poag

m00?
Redh3lix said:
You must bear in mind these are competitive matches with everyone on coms, and not your average public server play with very little (if any) team play, so the map's which you think are poo, are more than likely going to play completely different when played competitively. I certainly found that with Mashtuur and Karkand.

Plus all the FreedyHouse chaps can meet on coms, possibly (depending on team selection) have a "Freddy Squad" on your team.

Don't be all girly and shy. You're welcome to get on coms whenever you like.

Oh we do we tend too use ingame squads for it tho.

Tend to get the same 4 or 5 with a couple of extras in the squad and go romp around.

Btw if you ever need to server temp to host a match or two..just shout and i can turn #1 over to clan ruleset [#1 aint that popular anyway :(]

I'll have a chat with the boys tomorrow and see :)

Poag

m00?
Actually i notice ur runnnig 32 man servers..as #1 is 64 i can possibly make two 32s out of it [the server is very beefy were renting]

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
Btw if you ever need to server temp to host a match or two..just shout and i can turn #1 over to clan ruleset [#1 aint that popular anyway :(]

That's very kind of you Gale, thanks. BF2Nation was thinking about hosting Forum Games on servers with some of the best MODS on, e.g. Forgotten Hope etc. to keeps things interesting, so if your able to install MODS on your server, that may well be an option for a series of events. We're currently debating whether to scrap one of the ranked servers for an unranked purely for this purpose. The idea wouldn't be solely to accomodate the Forum Games MOD edition, but to allow clans registered with BF2Nation to "borrow" the server whenever they want a scrim/match etc.

Poag

m00?
Its a dedi payed for by me and the donators.

Its capable of 2x64 or any break down adding up too 128 players.

As such i can get mods installed on it easily enough.

Also i'd like too see some organised play on a 64 player map :)

Poag

m00?
Also for the Regs on Freddyfield go there. its tonights Forum game over at BF2N...should be a blast :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Gale said:
Also for the Regs on Freddyfield go there. its tonights Forum game over at BF2N...should be a blast :)

I've registered over there. Are you going to use Vent as well as ingame comms?

Poag

m00?
Seems to be some discussion over which is more viable to use.

However i think ingame comms is fine as alot of the battle is done on a squad level. Also its gonna be 32 man maps so less room to move about..should be interesting.

Tag urself too the end of the thread Hookey, they need our names....spam i tell you :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Gale said:
Seems to be some discussion over which is more viable to use.

However i think ingame comms is fine as alot of the battle is done on a squad level. Also its gonna be 32 man maps so less room to move about..should be interesting.

Tag urself too the end of the thread Hookey, they need our names....spam i tell you :p

Already done.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Gale said:

erm, that's 8pm GMT right? so that means it's 9pm for me, being in holland on GMT+1? </confused> oh god, I'll have to hussle at the gym and manage to install ventrillo. I hope I'll make it :)

Will

/bin/su
Ah, its the 12th...I'll be in the French Alps, cycling downhill at high speed. :)

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, there certainly is discussion for in game coms use. For the last BF2Nation Forum Game we ALL used Ventrillo which worked, although a tad confusing at times with 16 people on your team speaking at once. We have now enabled VOIP on the server for the next Forum Game on the 12th Sept, as to how your teams use it, it's still in experimentation stage.

TdC, it is indeed 8:00pm start, although we urge you to get on coms beforehand, e.g. 7:30pm GMT so we can ascertain the approximate turnout for the event and your commanders can run through tactics, if any.

TdC

cheers Red matey. monday next won't be too much of a problem, as I gym every other day and that monday will be a day off. I was just a tad confused as to the exact date, but that's all cleared up now :)

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, looking forward to this one (first one I was nervous because I had to organise 32 people), it's gonna be fun :>

Redh3lix

Fledgling Freddie
Just an update for those participating and those looking to, here's a cut 'n paste from the news regarding the Forum Game:

BF2Nation proudly announces the second installment of the Forum Game event. For those of you familiar with this event, what are you waiting for, SIGN UP!

The maps for this upcoming event are:
Dalian Plant
Kubra Dam

Time:
7:15 to 7:30 on coms - 8:00pm start (start time approximate)

Communication:
Ventrillo coms, IP details: 85.236.100.19:48379

What are the Forum Games?
The Forum Games are pre-organised matches specifically designed for ALL members of the BF2Nation community no matter the skill or background. The event covers two rounds of two maps in one evening, with winner plaques presented to players who achieve certain statistics. Applying to play is simple, just post within the forum link below, stating your available for play:

SIGN ME UP!!

Please don't hesitate to get on coms Freddy's House chaps, we want to meet you and give you abuse ya bunch of tarts :)

TdC

we're famous for abusing each other too you know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom