BF1942 Slow issues

D

darthshearer

At the mo I have 128Mb running WinXP, BF is Tooooo slow, so I have order 512Mb will that sort out my issues? Oh BTW my CPU is XP Athlon XP 2000+ :)

G

Gumbo

Yup.

Well, probably. If not, ressurect this thread.

D

darthshearer

Cool I been on BW Com night once and had to come off as my map loads up took ages, well really its the same on all servers :(

Can I ask what specs people are runing who seem to have BF1942 Running Rather Smooth :)

G

Gumbo

It'll definatly speed up the map loadings.

You know how the bar moves really slowly along on the loading screen?

Well at the moment it probably goes at that pace all the way. With your new RAM it will go about half way along at the same speed, then zip to the end really fast. Basically halving your load times.

D

darthshearer

What about in game issues? Its gotta be better? Im running a 600k cable connection and my pings were nothing short of dreadful until I put a post in here. My pings are now average 100ish.

My new RAM should it
a) Improve in game issues
b) Ping issues?

T

Trancor

More ram usually improves most things. One of the best upgrades you can get.

B

bids

What video card you running Darth ?

I got a 2.8 Ghz PIV, 1Gb RAM and Ti4600, and it runs as smooth as CDR's bald head with full 4xAntialiasing, Anisotropic filtering and Texture Smoothing. Initially it was a bit poo, but there are a couple of video tweaks with Nvidia cards that will also help with FPS.

D

darthshearer

Errmm its a 128Mb Geforce 4 440 Nvidia!

G

Gumbo

That's only a little lower spec than my Ti 4200, so i can't imagine that would be having much impact.

The ping thing, did you try setting it to one lower than what yours actually is, in the options page? If you did, I can't help much beyond that, except to say i'm pinging a nice 45 on my 64k isdn at the moment :p

Most low fps BF1942 issues seem to actually be sound related. This is the place to tinker with the most till you find a set up that gives you the best performance. Just remember to only ever alter one thing at a time, then test it. Makes it lots easier to go backwards if it doesn't improve, also jot down the changes you make as you make them. There's so many changes you can make it's easy to lose track of what you've tried and what you haven't.

P

plightstar

your ping shouldn't be that high, what Anti-virus program u got cause I know BF hates Mcafee, also bring up the task manager and check to see if their are any unnessary processes are running using up your connection like Save or Weathercast that type of thing and end them, that should help.

M

mutex

i would recommend stripping msconfig of anything but the essentials, ram will help a bundle too.

mine runs perfect at the mo specs: 2.0gig proc, 512 ram, ti 4200 64mb, sb live 5.1.
all it is is a beefed up ex business machine.

what i'm getting at is yours should be workin fine, try stripping msconfig and ripping a few things out of services.msc
both can be used from the <run> command in the start menu.

give it a shot.

D

darthshearer

Im running Norton AV and Ive done that msconfig / services thing and still no luck :(

Users who are viewing this thread