BF1942 Keeps Crashing

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
All,

Recently my BF1942 has started constantly crashed with a BSOD (no error message) at random points within the game. The only thing that has changed is that i've replaced my 9800 Pro because the previous one died. I've also upgraded to Catalyst 4.4s. I've tried the older drivers, but this has made no difference. I've also tried to tweak my AGP speed and tweak the ram timings but this also has had no impact. It never used to do this before, and i'm starting to get pretty annoyed. I've also tried different sound cards, and no sound at all, but this hasn't helped.

A quick google of this problem reveals lengthy threads dedicated to the subject of BF1942 crashing with a BSOD or crashing to the desktop. The finger of blame seems to point at ATi's drivers.

My relevant spec is:

Athlon 3200+
Abit AN7
Corsair 512 x 2 LL Ram
Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro
Win XP Pro
Catalyst 4.4s
Latest nforce drivers
BF1942 all up to date played in 1280*1024

Does anyone have any ideas, or had this problem and have been able to fix it?

Edit: no overclocking is present in my system, and the ram is set to "by spd".

Cheers

G

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
With your previous gfx card, you had 4.3 cats installed?

This might sound obvious but have you tried a reinstall? When my rad 9800 pro was being RMAd i had to use the onboard GF4 mx graphics, and it would have none of it till i reinstalled the game. And the same when i got my new graphics card.

Admittedly this was from Ati - nvidia and back again. But it is worth a try :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ok DMW, cheers for that.

I was going to do a complete reinstall as my next option, as a lot of posts were to do with "delete this profile, edit this file, resintall the game".

When I got my new card, I installed 4.4s and, yes, I was on 4.3 previously (iirc).

I'll give it a blast, fingers crossed.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom