BF1942 game next Thursday

A

adslrizla

I've booked a server for Thursday 6th March from 20:30-22:30 - standard BF1942 conquest. We've got 20 peeps so far up for a blast but if any of you want to join in you are more than welcome.

If you're interested then please post in this thread. This little blast is spread over three forums already so it'd be easier for me if you could post your interest there.

A

adslrizla

Fuck me but you're an apathetic lot aren't you? We now have 22 players (5 need to confirm) and after talking to Bazerka I'd like to cap this at 24. You get your name in first and the people who haven't confirmed drop off the list.

If one of the game liaisons wants to be an admin that's not a problem. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. A good fun game with no plane campers and minimum spawn killing (by planes) is what I'm after. Clans will be split between the sides (so nobody is going to be using it as a practice match) and there will be two Teamspeak servers running.

Fuck's sakes guys you tried a community game on Wednesday and what did you get? There's a load of people going to be playing here that don't know about BW and what it offers - we all know the marketing isn't working so if we ever want to see publics used then this might be a good step eh?

Must be a hell of a job being a liaison for this game here..... :(

A

adams901

Originally posted by adslrizla
we all know the marketing isn't working

heh what marketing ;), I went in 2 game stores on Monday and neither of them had a single advertisement for barrysworld.

We have to try and make do with the small community we have at the moment, but even they don't seem interested anymore :(.

A

adslrizla

Then come join the game mate. You can have rcon access - in fact I'd welcome that as I'm not exactly shit hot on BF1942 (ran MoHAA servers for months but little else).

The community here is dying so lets go and try to get some new people who don't think it's unreasonable to pay for people to run servers?

It can be done - I did it last year with MoHAA and a bunch of people on ADSLguide. Nobody (initially) was happy about paying to play but finally accepted it. There's 7 Barryservers that probably wouldn't have been there if I hadn't kicked people up the arse last April - they all have thriving communities too.

The thing you have to remember is that there's fuck all point in going for existing hard-core gamers (most of them won't pay anyway) - you need to go for casual gamers who when they do play don't want all the shite you get on publics. IMHO BW needs to market itself as the top end of the market - let Jolt take the dross.

C

.Cask

Just a lot of people are losing the passion for bf1942 now its been out quite a while.

A

adslrizla

Well that was excellent. We had three no-shows which meant we had 21 players. Everyone was on cable/DSL and no lag at all - very nice.

Everyone is up for it next week (already booked) and I think we'll try for 26. Oh yeah - there's a few new subbies as a result of this :D

Shame you couldn't make it Scooba - hope the clan match went OK.

/me goes off to give Jase some feedback on how the server ran

W

whipped

I'll be up for next Thursday's game. Was not about last night so I missed this thread. The missus is out most of the night on a Thursday, so it's always games night for me.

A

adslrizla

Yep - no problem mate. I'll sort out teams on Sunday/Monday and let you know the details. If you've got Teamspeak that'd be good too.

PS - if deadmanwalking is reading this then sorry for buggering off last night but after about 15 minutes of bombing practice waiting for you to come back I got bored :D

A

adslrizla

Right we're now talking about Thursday 13/3/03 OK?

Out of you BW peeps Whipped and Deadmanwalking want to play so far. Anyone else?

The game is from 20:30-22:30 and one of the new subbies has booked a follow-on session from 22:30-00:30.

There will be teamspeak servers up for both sides - I need to have a think about this though and mebbe "borrow" some colo'd/hosted b/w for this :D

Going to try for 26 players which Baz says will be "interesting" but given the performance of the server last Thursday when 21 played (nobody went above 50ms and most were in the 20-30ms range) I reckon it'll be OK given that everyone will be on cable/DSL connections. Heh - you don't know until you try eh?

Users who are viewing this thread