BF: Vietnam Servers

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Guys,

We have 6 servers for Battlefield Vietnam up at jolt now.

Jolt.co.uk 04 - BF:Vietnam - 195.149.21.61:14564
Evolution Server - FF ON[/I]

Jolt.co.uk 05 - BF:Vietnam - 213.208.119.142:15565
Conquest Server - FF ON

Jolt.co.uk 06 - BF:Vietnam - 213.208.119.142:14566
Conquest Server - FF ON

Jolt.co.uk 07 - BF Vietnam - 213.208.119.134:14567
Conquest Server - FF ON

Jolt.co.uk 08 - BF Vietnam - 213.208.119.134:14568
Conquest Server - FF OFF

Jolt.co.uk 09 - BF Vietnam - 213.208.119.134:14569
Evolution Server - FF ON

Feel free to post suggestions on how they can be improved once you have played on them :).

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Are they NoCD servers? seeing as game aint out till friday.... as far as i know anyway

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
NoCD? You mean the *ahem* version thats circulating the net? Nope, you'll only be able to play on the Jolt ones if you have bought it (which would mean Friday). They released the server files a couple of days ago, the Jolt ones are up in prep for Friday.

Having said that - I *might* be getting mine 2morrow, depends if Royal Mail are on the ball.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I will be buying it, tho it seems to not like my system very much... P4 2.8c and ti4400 and i can only run it at halfspec nearly for decent fps. Its all that foliage, im starting to think gfx upgrade... :eek7:

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
I will be buying it, tho it seems to not like my system very much... P4 2.8c and ti4400 and i can only run it at halfspec nearly for decent fps. Its all that foliage, im starting to think gfx upgrade... :eek7:

Same here, with a 2500+ Barton and a measly Ti4200.

Graphics fan makes a racket right now, so an upgrade would solve two problems :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
You think a new card wont make as much noise?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Probably not, no - most 4200's had crappy cheap fans which if still in use now would probably sound akin to a washing machine full of half-bricks on spin. The fans on the new ATI and NVIDIA cards are pretty mute in comparison to a clapped-out geforce4.

Xav

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Cdr said:
NoCD? You mean the *ahem* version thats circulating the net? Nope, you'll only be able to play on the Jolt ones if you have bought it (which would mean Friday). They released the server files a couple of days ago, the Jolt ones are up in prep for Friday.

Having said that - I *might* be getting mine 2morrow, depends if Royal Mail are on the ball.
Already got mine, but the damn servers are a virtual graveyard...

*me waits*

Xav

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
You think a new card wont make as much noise?

As Xav said, but also I shall be selecting my card based on fan noise, which I consider to be a lot more important than an extra 3 FPS for example :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
My 9800pro plays BF:V at 1280-960 with all details on ful and doesnt really go below 60 fps at the worst, and is mostly 80+.
Still a laggy crock of shite atm though :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Hope thwy find summat more concrete than that m8 :) The game is marvellous when its working :)

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I think i must be the only person not to have lag issues? no jerking fantastic ping.

Gets a little choppy at times on my gf4ti4200 but its fine most the time (800x600 medium detail no shadows)

I changed the ammount of sound channels down to 32.. this seemed to make a massive differnce.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Bear in mind we're dealing with a professional company who allow this to go on their website....
EA GAMES AUSTRALIA
Last but not least, our Australian conuterpart has hooked up with NVIDIA to bring you their Battlefield Vietnam Online Tournament. Visit the Australian website for more details.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Sockstuff said:
(800x600 medium detail no shadows)

No offence mate, but if I had to play it on those settings, well, i simply wouldnt play it :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What a negative post, I do apologise :/ Play it anyway you can m8 :)

Ive been playing with specs too, and for the last 4 or 5 maps ive had no lag worth mentioning, and I ve done this -

Turned sound down to 32 channels.
Turned occlusion halfway down the scale, it says "low".
Turned in-game music off (Shame!)
Put connection setting on 56k (Im on adsl)
Using Miles 2 way audio rather than eax, its ok though the odd crackle.

Still playing at 1280-960 resolution with all details on high, getting mostly between 80-100fps, with drops down to the 60's in heavy bits. This is with a 9800pro btw, so I dont know what all the fuss was about there. I dont use aa ever, and have shadows off, so maybe thats where the problem lay.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Shadows always kill your fps dunno why. It can't be that hard!

mank!

Part of the furniture
throdgrain said:
Turned in-game music off (Shame!)

That's the only reason I bought the game!

I've got all my graphics settings on low and it runs fine here, little choppy though. I might cut down the sound channels to 32.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Here are some 'tweaks' you can perform in order to get the game to run better;

BF-V Website said:
First of all, if you have EAX enabled in your sound options, turn it off. Much less lag.

Then, use 'expanded radio commands' under profiles.

Thirdly, add the line Game.soundbuffersize 400 under Game.DebugCallbackDisabled 0 to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings\defult.con (open with wordpad) Or relevant directory. This reduces lag too, with no side-effects.

Using the 2 sound fixes alone, I went from thinking I'd have to buy a 9800XT to nothing at all!

Remember to change your connection info if you have ADSL 512k or above to the highest setting. To make this save, selecr the option in MP, update the list, join any server, and quit the game. This too reduced ping lag.

Also, this is specifically for ATI users, but helps everyone. Go into your videodefult.con in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings and change allowallrefreshrates from 0 to 1. Then select it ingame where your resolution is. Careful with this one though.

Lastly for this post, if and only if you have shimmering foliage or items in BFV, right click your desktop, click properties, settings, advanced, your graphics card, look through the submenus untill you find an option like: Intellisampe(tm) Settings. Change this to the 'application' option. If it continues, in the same tab there should be anti-aliasing. Set this to application also.

Please note tho that while these may or may not work for your PC, I don't know if editing the .con files will be picked up by PB as a violation. If you want to try it, then join the Jolt servers, then we can unban you if it does get picked up.

:)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Other way round for me Mank. The music is a nice novelty, but bound to wear off after a bit.
I want it to look great, and it does :)
Really enjoying this game !

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
ATI card here.

Tried all the fixes in CDR's post (thanks mate btw).

And...game locks up every 5-10 seconds for about 2-3 secs so is therefore unplayable.

For fucks sake :(

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Xtro

The game freezes for 5-10 secs? Which ATi card do you have / which drivers are you running atm?

Any anti-virus etc running in the background?

What are your gfx set to / sound settings?

Cheers,

Cdr.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Righto mate -

ATI Radeon 9500 Pro

Driver version 6.14.1.6307 (am downloading latest driver pack from ATI right now)

The lockup is for 2-3 seconds but occurs every 5-10 secs if you get me.

I've set ALL gfx to low/lowest and sound to miles positional audio and low low low etc (no music ingame, no menu music).

Just tried it single player to make sure it wasnt a connection issue - same probs...

Running WinXp, 1gig DDR ram, ASUS mobo, 1.7 Athlon XP, SB Live

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to be nicely playable on my 2.2 athlon/gf4ti4400 - 30+ fps, 1024x768x32, medium settings, no shadows.

Although it loses settings every map which is a pain. Could be something to do with installing under admin user in XP, reinstalling now.

Also, I cannot get it to update server lists with firewall running - as soon as I try alt-tabbing to tell kerio to let it through it hard-locks up :/ Anyone know what exe is doing the server updates? It's a diff one from the main game exe is all I can work out.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
granny said:
Seems to be nicely playable on my 2.2 athlon/gf4ti4400 - 30+ fps, 1024x768x32, medium settings, no shadows.

I have a 2500+ Barton with Ti4200 and play those, with shadows, dunno what the FPS is, how do I find out ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom