BF:V Community Update

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Patch 1.01 Info
DICE and EA are pleased to announce that the first Battlefield Vietnam patch has entered the home stretch here at EA and should be ready for release in the very near future. We've spent some time gathering and evaluating the feedback on Battlefield Vietnam from the community, community forums and from the Battlefield Vietnam Performance Issues e-mails we solicited back in mid-March. We're happy to report that we have been able to address many of these issues for the update.

While future Battlefield Vietnam updates will include game features that were added to Battlefield 1942 post-ship (such as the Voting GUI), v1.01 is intended to address community related issues. The following is a list of the major items being addressed in v1.01. Of particular note in this list are tweaks to server functionality that should provide a much improved play-experience on servers that are hosting high-player-count games (please note the server hardware requirements posted in the Community Update from April 9, fixes to the internal server browser functionality, and rebalancing of the M60, the RPD and the US Heavy Assault kits.

SERVER FIXES
General optimizations to reduce server lag
CDkey hash added to game.listplayers output
game.listPlayers uses the new format:
#Id: - is remote ip: : hash:
Gamespy port setting fixed
game.gameSpyPort - now working
game.gameSpyLANPort - now working
game.ASEPort - removed (not supported by ASE)
All Seeing Eye updated
Battlefield Vientam games no longer appear in Battlefield 1942 ASE list
Player details should appear correctly in ASE server list

CLIENT FIXES
Sort by Ping fixed in Server Browser
Scrollbar fixed in Server Browser
Soldier prediction fixed to remove jerky movements when walking/jumping
M60 removed from the LAW kit and replaced with M14
M60 and RPD min/max bullet deviation increased when standing/moving
M60 and RPD max bullet deviation decreased slightly when prone
Rate of fire and velocity of M60/RPD adjusted
Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly
Network overhead of vehicle engines and airlifting significantly reduced
Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag

Hopefully not long now :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
So WATCH OUT you lame M60 BASTARDS!!!

Phew feel better now :) This bit - Added minimap warning icon when enemies are within capture radius of an opposing team flag - is a bit pathetic innit?

babs

Can't get enough of FH
will be good in small numbers of players matches, cause a bit of panic. Not sure I like hte idea of sneaking the length of teh whole map to cap an airfield and some twat in a Huey sees a warning and zips back to pound me.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
In all honesty, a good pilot will notice the flag turning grey and head back immediately (I know I do), so it wont make any difference in that respect.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
No news on the LAW itself, particularly the unrealistic splash damage that makes it like a Quake Rocket, technically LAW rounds were HEAT, they dont explode apart from directly forwards.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Hooray, I may start playing it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom