BF : V 1.1 Patch Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
A message to the Battlefield:Vietnam community
by BFVmoderator, posted Mar 23, 2004 8:16pm PST

Dear all,

As I am sure many of you are aware, there have been a number of issues with the DICE/EA full release version of Battlefield:Vietnam.

We are currently undertaking final testing on a patch for the product, which will be released this Friday (3-26), and will include the following fixes that have been suggested by the community :

* Implementation of a GUI voting system similar to that included in the 1.6 patch for Battlefield:1942

* The M60 (US) machine gun will only be useable while the player is prone.

* It has been noted that "vehicle camping" is a problem within the online community for Battlefield:Vietnam. Therefore, in our first patch for the product, players inactive in movement for longer than 15 seconds, within a vehicle spawn radius, will suffer the same health penalty as if leaving the combat zone.

* Fixes to the ATI graphics cards that have suffered problems. Similar graphical fixes shall be given to users of MX/Ti range NVidia graphics cards. Hopefully this will remove the various problems users of these cards have had while playing the product.

* It has become apparent that several of the sound (gunfire/explosions) effects are not to many people's likings. Work has been done on upgrading these sounds and, upon the release of the v1.1 patch, the in game sounds shall be more authentic than at present.

A number of other minor fixes will also be implemented, and we will be releasing another patch in the not too distant future should you inspire us with your ideas.

Keep them coming please, and we can make this game the top game of 2004.

Yours kindly,
BFVmoderator
AKA EAJim

Originally from the EA Boards.

Its nice to see they're listening to people and quick at making the changes.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
The vehicle camping change wont make a jot of difference. People will just run around in circles until the planes appear.

The M60 change seems rather harsh. I think I would have been happier with just making it damn inacurate whilst standing. Still, its going to stop hordes of M60 whores running about the map which is a good thing.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
instead we will have hordes of M60 whores laying about the map.

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
It's been posted on the official boards that this is a hoax. It was the M60 fix that gave it away for me.

To fix the M60, they'd need to half the ROF. They could leave the accuracy pretty much as is for firing from prone... make it a bit worse firing from kneeling, and fairly wild from a standing position. Then just make it even worse if moving at all or not using the "zoomed in" view.

Someone did a timed test and measured the current rate of fire to be around 1000 rounds per minute, when in fact it should be 550.

The hoax also mentions a fix for vehicle camping that would simply result in hoards of tards running, jumping, dancing and generally acting like fuckwits around the vehicle spawn areas.

The rest of the stuff actually sounds OK.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Mofo8 said:
The hoax also mentions a fix for vehicle camping that would simply result in hoards of tards running, jumping, dancing and generally acting like fuckwits around the vehicle spawn areas.

That happens anyway. :p

As for the patch, I'm still pretty confident that there will be one within a week, possibly even on friday. I'm thinking that the changes and fixes will be small atm though, they won't want to send out the wrong message by making any large changes less than two weeks after the game has been released.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
heh my bad - I got suckered in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom