BF Tournament: will you be the Champion of Albion?

B

Benkei

Black Falcons is organizing a fancy duel tournament just to check who is the heaviest champion of King Arthur's army. Anybody wanting to test his mettle versus Albion's finest defenders will be wellcome: sign up is worth 100 g, and the prized for winner will be a MP crafted weapons or armor piece of his choice.
Battlefield will be the old Vetusta Abbey on the Black Mountains in the best Three Musketeers tradition, time is yet to be fixed; anybody wanting to sign up for the tourney can PM me or any BF ingame or just reply to this post.

TELL YOUR GUILDIES!!! THE BATTLE FOR THE CHAMPION MANTLE IS ABOUT TO START!!!

P.D. as this is kinda a RP thing i will try to GOA to post it on the webpage.

P.D.D: i need a minimun amount of contenders to make this true, i think it would be funny for everybody so dont be shy and take part of this great event =)

B

Benkei

EDIT

Edit: no plate/chain torsos included in prize, sorry, too expensive and i dont know yet how many ppl is gonna sign up

Thanks for your time

O

old.Odysseus

The rules?

Theurg vs. tank is hardly fair, just like infil vs. casters isnt.
RA's?
Arena / limits to amount of running?

B

Benkei

Rules

I have to work rules out some but in base:
At first matches it will be similar class vs similar class as much as i can make it, so tank vs tank, rogue vs rogue, caster vs caster at so on.... as less ppl is alive in tourney matches will be more strange (just as in usual RvR), so u will have to use ur wits and skill some and not only smack the quickbar (what it is this game is all about anyway)
Limits, i have to visit Vetusta Alley as im not there since my early days, but i guess in melee duels limits r the abbey yard, and in other duels limits r set by the duelists (again, just like in the best Musketeers tradition)

L

lissandra

Im in if i can get my armour SC:ed in time since i atm have no armour :p

B

Belomar

Sounds good to me. However, I am concerned about the choice of location: will the duels be held within the Abbey? This will mean that the initial starting range will be quite short, something which is wildly unfair to most casters.

Secondly, you're charging 100g per person for this, and the price will be a MP weapon or armor piece? It seems to me that you could get hundreds of contenders, and the fair way would be to either split the collective sum in some way among the top three duelers, or give the remaining money to a keep door fund. After all, these kinds of events, while I appreciate they take time to arrange, should not be to make someone richer.

Thirdly, you will have make rules about things like buffs, self-buffs, and active RAs, just to mention a few.

That said, good initiative! :D

D

deygos

cool i'm doing a similar thing on hib in the next 2 weeks

would b smart if the winners of your tourney could meet the winners of the hibby one

we're doing

all melee only
mages v mages
shades v shades
rangers v rangers

check it out on excali/hib

K

Kagato.

Abbey sounds fine,

a few other rules suggestions you might want to consider are:

1) active RA's or no Active RA's

2) Same goes for item charges, yes or no, make it clear to start with.

3) Best of 3 ?

Who's betting the winner already has fully kitted out mp sc'd gear to start with lol
:rolleyes:

Will be fun regardless though, don't envy you the task of organising it however.

O

old.LandShark

Utterly pointless for most classes to even enter, as pallies/infs/friars will shred most other classes. =P
Still, will be a good spectator event =)

T

Treniel-

should be armsman vs armsmen etc then go onto arms vs pally...

my moneys on quicksilver or regtur winning though

K

K0nah

yeh 100g is a bit steep when everyone is scratching for cash atm anyway for SC gear, nice idea tho.

T

Trinilim

great idea, I'd love to join, but 100g is way too much to just sit around and duel people when you could do it for free.

O

old.Second

Originally posted by Trinilim
great idea, I'd love to join, but 100g is way too much to just sit around and duel people when you could do it for free.

sure but would you get the MP gear for free if you duel for free? thats the question:p

T

ToKE

Fairs Fair

Edit: no plate/chain torsos included in prize, sorry, too expensive and i dont know yet how many ppl is gonna sign up

come on yoou have to make it fair, if you want armspersons and pallys to attend, besides 100g for at least 10 ppl thats 1p surely you can buy the components with that?

besides lots of people will show up who dont read the forums as they will hear through word of mouth

J

josh_dk

Re: Fairs Fair

Originally posted by ToKE

come on yoou have to make it fair, if you want armspersons and pallys to attend, besides 100g for at least 10 ppl thats 1p surely you can buy the components with that?

besides lots of people will show up who dont read the forums as they will hear through word of mouth

For your information:
The average cost of material for making a MP chain hauberk AF 102 is 10052g ~ 10 plat !!!!!

Thats if you do it on the (average) no of retries (49)
Price is based on following numbers:

Cost for making 1 hauberk : 586g 84s 50c
Cost per retry : 193g 18s 50c
No. of retries : 49
(No profit for Tailor or Armorer, only Cost of Material)

So 1 plat will not get you very far in terms of buying materials :)

M

mr_shiela

Sounds fun but 100g is a tad steep say im lvl 40 but ill enter for fun :)

O

old.ghengis

is there a level limit?
will similar levels duel?

O

osrim

Sounds nice

Yep, im intrested...must get some money first though :/

Duels could be 3 matches in row to get winner of 2 fighters.

At this time albs wont prolly zerg? Or how is it... :p hoho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom