BF 1942 is broken

R

Rubber Bullets

Hi,

My computer has stopped allowing me to play BF.

I thought it had happened since I defregged, but I've not tried for a while so I'm not sure.

Basically every time I tried to start the program up I got an error sound, a small window flashed open and shut to quickly to see what it was, and that was all. This happened any way I tried to lauch, either through ASE or from shortcut.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled, complete with patch, and the same thing happened.

Next I tried a system restore to a time when I'm sure it was working and now I get a little window that stays open:

Loadning Error (sic)

Could not find fingerprint.

Any ideas?

It's not like I was any good at the game, but it was a fun diversion at times.

BTW I run WinXP pro on a Athlon XP2000+ processor with 512Mb ram.

s

S

Scooba Da Bass

That sounds like the refresh rate bug, do you have any refresh rate unlockers installed or running?

R

Rubber Bullets

Thanks scooba, that makes sense.

I did put refreshforce on last week, so that could be it.

The problem is that the system restore would've taken me back before that time, and so hasn't fixed the problem. The odd thing is that when I played CS just now my refresh was back to 65Hz again.

Is there another fix for the bug, or am I just going to have to wait for another patch.

If it is the final game then I won't be buying it, which is a shame 'cos I thought I probably would.

s

A

-adz-

Read the readme in the patch, u have to change a line in some file to enable other refresh rates

R

Rubber Bullets

Thanks adz, tried that but no luck.

Still not finding fingerprint!

s

A

-adz-

That line would have fixed the really quick window and non loading.... guess the other thing must have been a duff restore. If its only bf1942 thats up teh swanny, uninstall it, and remove all the bf1942 stuff in the registry and try again. Dunno other than that

A

-adz-

My word u must be bored, u've never even played the game :p

O

old.D0LLySh33p

for a bit :p

not long though.

you is teh n00b!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom