Beyond Divinity PC Game

Damini

Part of the furniture
Not sure which section this should go on, so I'll plonk it here, and then if it needs removing I'm sure William will relocate it.

Has anyone played this game?

And if so, am I the only person finding it bugged to hell?

I can't work out how to stop my characters sneaking after taking forever to get them to do it in the first place, so now they all shuffle around like someone's upped their anti-psychotic drugs too high. Also now, the buttons used to toggle between characters don't work anymore, so I can't split up the characters as needed. The characters say they are encumbered, when their stats say they still could carry more. All in all, I'm getting pretty annoyed with this game.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Okay, it turns out my new fangled keyboard has secret ways to sabotage me. What the hell is F-Lock when its at home anyway? But that just solves the toggling. The rest of the bugs still apply.And you can't split up items, so if one character has 40 potions, and the other character needs one, you have to give them all 40.

It's poo.

I'm not intelligent enough to know if I should be concerned by Starforce.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Damini said:
Okay, it turns out my new fangled keyboard has secret ways to sabotage me. What the hell is F-Lock when its at home anyway? But that just solves the toggling. The rest of the bugs still apply.And you can't split up items, so if one character has 40 potions, and the other character needs one, you have to give them all 40.

It's poo.

I'm not intelligent enough to know if I should be concerned by Starforce.

F-Lock. some of the newer multi button keyboards (Like my Internet Navigator from Logitech) have multifunction buttons.

The Function keys can either be used as Function Keys (F1-F12) or shortcut keys (reply to message etc)

These need to be toggled by pressing the F-Lock key (and a little green light comes on)

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.star-force.com/index.phtml?category=200&type=5 <-- if you want to remove SF

Starforce is a program which runs on your pc to make sure you dont install illegal copies of the games it protects (atleast afaik). Games protected by it install it on your pc without your consent or knowledge and they do it by booting up the pc with the cd(of the game) in your cd drive. The biggest problem with starforce is that it seems to cause your system to become (more) unstable, so it isnt something users really like. I am not really that knowledgable on it, so it might be more evil than I realize (or less:p).

Also damini I guess you dl'ed the patch for the game already, if not http://www.beyonddivinity.com/ and you can find the patch under support.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Yeah, I'm patched up. I think F-lock was also making the crawling, since that seems to be fixed, but still the encumbered stuff remains, and you can't split items. All in all, even taking into account how my own stupidity was sabotaging the game, I'm not that impressed.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I liked the first game but don't really fancy getting Starforce on my system. Also I only have about 20meg Hard Disk left so I'll have to skip it.

Come play UT with us instead sometime this week :)

Or DAoC :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
UT? And you can't entice me back to DAoC. It's all so restrictive. If I wanted everything to be colour coded, I'd play with some electrical plugs.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Damini said:
UT? And you can't entice me back to DAoC. It's all so restrictive. If I wanted everything to be colour coded, I'd play with some electrical plugs.
Everquest II is no different sadly, it seems the majority of gamers can't figure out that their level 3 pleb is unlikely to be able to battle rabid wolves and bloodthirsty bears without a big red warning sign...

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
You can be plebs in EQ 2? Cool! I wanna play one as I've got lots of experience from real life!

Damini

Part of the furniture
I would just like to re-emphasise that this game is absolute poo. The last time I saw anything with this many bugs, it was my housemate after spending months harbouring hair lice. If I hadn't cost me so much money, I would throw it against a wall and stamp on it. My screen plunges into total blackness when I fight creatures, the cut scenes finish leaving the characters unable to move, quests can't be completed, the maps fail to load properly, and the main character has changed the actors voice three times so far.

Total steaming turd.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
I only played the demo of this game but it was absolutely terrible. Not especially buggy, just plain terrible. If you really want a 2D RPG type game you should be looking at the Baldur's Gate series, or Planescape Torment. The Fallout series is pretty good, too, if you're into dystopian sci-fi.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Bugs I have known and loathed:

• Screen completely blacking out when you enter a battle (allegedly some problem interfacing with optical or cordless mouse's... mice?)
  • The screen hanging after a cut scene, so you have to reload from a previous save point
  • Maps failing to load properly
  • Items not being labelled correctly, such as a ring that is allegedly a spear, and a mystery item in my bag known only as item 10625, and doors being labelled object 67539 or something
  • Having to drop items and pick them up again in order for NPCs to acknowledge you have collected quest items
  • Complete failure to complete certain missions due to the fact I have collected the items, tried dropping them and collecting them again, only for the NPCs still not to realise they are there
  • My characters in group becoming suddenly catatonic, and being left halfway across the world for no reason....

If I'd kept my reciept I would be demanding a refund.If I stop one person buying this god forsaken lump of fecal matter, then I feel I have done a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom