bettter PvPer Sammy vs Rogue

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
hey everybody this might of been asked before in a thread but if so i wasnt able to read it but i was just wounderin who is the better pvper in the game a shammy or a rogue.. IMO i think rogue is best out of all alliance chars and ive heard that the shammy is best out of all horde chars so i was just wounderin what yall think cuase i have never acualy played a shammy before and i am thinking abotu starting one.. thanx guys

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
It all depends on play style, i find as a Druid i can inflict a world of pain on a rogue, but he can also do to same to me.

But for 1v1 PvP Shaman/Rogue/Shadow Priest do well, as for group PvP the tides change alot.

Lots of it depends on the skill of the user, most classes can be good PvP, its all a matter of play style.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, there is no one class that is "best for pvp" in this game :) They all have different abilities, but all share the ability to inflict damage on the opponent, and defensive abilities to stop the opponent to do it to them. Its not like DAoC where a class coule be there just to provide an ability to a group. All classes in wow are selfcontained - nevertheless they do have areas of expertise that can make a group stronger if combined. However, no class can expect to win 95% of her fights against any other class.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Thats not really true, you can belive the game is balanced if you want but it isnt true. On my shaman i expect to win all 1on1 fights if i got power and abit of room to kite, pretty much the only class i fear is rogue that lands CS - KS on me and its pretty much the same for rogue, you can expect to win almost all of your fights.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
bult said:
Thats not really true, you can belive the game is balanced if you want but it isnt true. On my shaman i expect to win all 1on1 fights if i got power and abit of room to kite, pretty much the only class i fear is rogue that lands CS - KS on me and its pretty much the same for rogue, you can expect to win almost all of your fights.

All other rouges then Undead's have it really hard against Priests, and all rouges should have it hard against mages.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
bult said:

That's interesting. On my priest, I expect to kill anyone my level who jumps me, and anyone who I jump are certainly dead meat.

So, thats 3 classes.
Want to add Paladin to that?
4 Classes
Druid?
5 Classes
well played warlock?
6 classes
Warrior with top gear?
7 classes

Wait, that's almost all the classes. I would call that balanced. At least compared to DAOC, where the only classes my Thane could reliably solo were scouts and Wizzards

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Iam mainly dic rest over in shadow and shammy isnt even a fight, tho silly stealther when u not expecting puts up better fight, Undead wl can give u hard time if u alliance priest imo.

said that warrior took me down b4 i manage to cast a spell thoese 3k + hits hurts.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
It all depends on the player behind the keyboard. If he/she's better (or more experienced in PvP), he/she will kick your butt, no matter what class you play.

I've done quite a few PvP fights until now, and found out that results varied, no matter against what class. It all depended on using the right ability at the right time.

(as for the so-called uber-priests who kill everything easily, I've just found out that there are potions of shadow resistance... With a few of these, priests become a lot less scary to me :) )

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Vintersorg said:
It all depends on the player behind the keyboard. If he/she's better (or more experienced in PvP), he/she will kick your butt, no matter what class you play.

I've done quite a few PvP fights until now, and found out that results varied, no matter against what class. It all depended on using the right ability at the right time.

(as for the so-called uber-priests who kill everything easily, I've just found out that there are potions of shadow resistance... With a few of these, priests become a lot less scary to me :) )

Add the shadow damage absorbing potion aswell, it kicks ass oO

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Only played a shammy upto lvl 9 so far... but managed it in just under a hour which every1 says is easy... which it is if u know the area but i had never made a horde char before. tbh i think shammys are abit OP. from wht i have seen so far they are hard.
the only time i have fought 1 on my priest he was 3lvls higher than me so nothing amazing but he kicked my ass so hard. was doing a 200dmg insta to me every few seconds... and the interupts spellcasting and not allowing u to cast any of that spell line for X seconds is really nasty to. not to mention that he hit me unstyled with a big ass tree trunk looking staff for i think it was almost 300dmg... all that adds upto ouch imo.

and my priest will happily mince thru most rogues cept for undead. as most are actualyl becoming smarter and using the fear ward racial ability before facing me so im unable to make em run off to give me time to work which i can do on all the others.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Lakashnik said:
as most are actualyl becoming smarter and using the fear ward racial ability before facing me so im unable to make em run off to give me time to work which i can do on all the others.

As I said, it depends on the guy behind the keyboard :)
When I still played on the US-servers, I've seen some nice one-onone PvP fights, where the result went all ways.
Some classes are of course easier to master and harder to defeat, but none are invulnerable and EVERY class hs the tools to defeat any other class

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Lakashnik said:
the only time i have fought 1 on my priest he was 3lvls higher than me so nothing amazing but he kicked my ass so hard. was doing a 200dmg insta to me every few seconds... and the interupts spellcasting and not allowing u to cast any of that spell line for X the others.

Eartshock is on 6 secs timer and stops you casting for 2 secs :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Vintersorg said:

That's true however though some classes can make one mistake then die quite badly whilst another can make a few and win quite easily.Like if a mage miss times a counterspell vs a shadow priest, you may aswell sheep it blink off and mount away.

A good shadow priest can be the toughest class in the game.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Any good priest can be the toughest in the game.
I'm still dreading an enounter vs a disc / holy priest. They'll outlast my mana and club/wand me to death.
The indignity of being relegated to use fiddlesticks to kill stuff scares me more than dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom