Beta6. What do you think of it?

O

old.Cheesebury

I think you should use a forum where ppl actually talk
smile.gif

Like, um, this one:
http://forums.gameplay.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Half+Life:+CounterStrike&number=85&DaysPrune=5&LastLogin=

O

old.Ganjian

dl'ing it now, (beta6 that is) but given what's been said about it, I'm a bit concerned about installing it. Sounds like they've messed it up something cronic... :/

O

old.Mad Kain

CS6 BLOOIDY ROX DA WORLD!

*ahem*

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain

O

old.Kez

joo vile people, eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil CS, gerrof, stop trying to fingie me with a pillow, ow, joo's squishing my nose, ooowwwwwwwwwwwwwie!
wink.gif

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.Syrus_The_Virus

Ignore all of the shit in the CS forum... It is completely wrong, the new CS beta RuLeZ!

Oh yeah i jus remembered it kind of a ritual that CS players have... the CS team release a new beta all the Llamas of CS bitch about it...

------------------
Syrus_The_Virus...

O

old.Wyrdo

lo S.A.S you still bitching about the crosshairs? ;-)

Why don't people use these forums?

Well, on the whole I like beta 6, the aiming could do with fixing as you yourself have mentioned on a few occaisions and maybe run speed increased a little.

On the whole I think beta6 is an improvement, some more/better/less laggy maps would have been nicer.

I cannot see how they can see the maps aren't a problem, I consistently ping in the 70s-90s yet on the train one and oilrig I can see my ping jump to over 600, and they say there is no problem with those 2 maps? yeah, maybe not on a LAN but for 99% of us that's no good, modemers need to be accounted for.

Hmm, went of on a tangent there...

Yeah, on the whole I like beta 6 :)

Wyrdo

O

old.Wyrdo

Just coz something is free doesn't mean people can't complain. Nothing will get fixed if no-one complains....

Anyway, I ain't complaining, I like B6, just your argument is poor.

Wyrdo

O

old.Muz

well.... been playing it on our uni LAN since it came out. So cant comment on the ping side of things (although some maps get very laggy even on a dedicated LAN server when there are about 16 ppl playing).

The new play modes are cool, it does look a lot nicer and the radar is a very welcome touch (whatever happened to the "circle round back" team message tho?).
However a lot of the new maps are just far too big and usually end in draws after 2 people spend an eternity looking for each other. I dont like the new weapon restrictions... its very annoying being a counter terrorist on the oilrig map and not being able to use an artic to snipe back at em!
My only other gripe is that not enough has been done to balance the play; its still the case that the git who sits and camps in a dark hole will still win over the guy whose running round, fighting people.
What I reckon they should do is up the power of the grenades even more, so they are almost as powerful as the ones in actionquake.. that should see the campers legging it from their tents!
smile.gif

Thats just my tuppence in the ring anyway - feel free to comment/ shoot me down in flames etc...

Muz

E

Embattle

Its better than any of the other betas of it that I've played.

O

old.bee

Your right about nothing being done if people didnt complain but Wyrdo I wasnt being completely serious or anything.

anyway heres my thoughts on it...

1. The shotguns are better than before but I feel the distance is abit silly. I killed many people with it from miles away.

2. Crosshairs are buggered but everyone knows that.

3. Most of the maps are good but some lag like hell.

4. The VIP should at least have a pistol.

5. Nightvision goggles should be ALOT cheaper.

6. HE grenades should do more dammage as there crap at the moment.

7. aug is great, mach10 sucks.

8. enemys should appear on rader if a team member sees one.

What I want for the next beta are some stunt moves like in action halflife. rolling, diving and leaning should be included.

Mr.Bee

O

old.British Beef

I think beta 6 is banging, the mod just goes from strengh to strengh, out of all the mods iv'e played, this is the best one out there. Sure there are things i find anoying about it still, like on escape maps, you can't see who has escaped and who is still fighting, problem comes when you reach the escape point, you don't know if your guys have all legged it or are still milling around the level somewhere, your escape could make the difference for a win or it could lose you the round
frown.gif
Hey bee where do you get the idea the MAC 10 is crap, no offence m8, but the bleedy thing owns, just like the counters TMP does, but the added bonus of the mac, is that it seems to do more damage, i know it eats ammo like crazy, but it can take down a man in 4-5 rounds easy, i myself used it to great affect the other night on game on dust, i scored 45-4 by only using the mac all game, i do admit though it's sniping abilty is not there but close mid range, there is no more powerfull wep, i was cutting though there AUG'S like they didn't matter
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom