Beta thoughts and tips

G

granny

Anyone playing the beta feel free to post any useful advice etc here :)

One thing at the moment - this week new chars get boosted to level 20 but of course they still have level 0 equipment. Which makes taking on higher level mobs really tough - unless you're a magic user of some kind since spells are less dependent on good gear :) I was having a really hard time with my human archer type person but my Lugian Elementalist is kicking arse... and collecting decent gear from higher level mobs to give to the human archer :p

S

Sharma

apparently powerleveling to 20 is possible in a good days work, if this is so microsoft and turbine better think about changing the level cap in the retail cos it will suck 4 ppl 2 be maxed out and uber in a week

G

granny

Hmm not sure how true that is to be honest - I can't comment on the powerlevelling to 20 bit since by the time I joined the beta all chars were getting bumped to lvl 20 straight away so they could test the higher level skills etc. But leveling from 20 onwards is hard work, it's taken me 4 days to get to level 21 from 20 and that's including a lot of good grouping and a bunch of quests.

Also remember this is beta - the whole point is for them to adjust balance and things so if it turns out that reaching uber levels is too easy it'll get tweaked, rest assured :)

G

granny

Oh some useful info:

"ctrl-p" takes a screen shot
"/" turns off the UI
"/emotelist" gives you a list of emote commands

Here's a very handy map.

E

erebus

Oh my god who let Granny on AC2 Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Speccy

maybe the power levellers will go out and get some fresh air then ;)

i'm still not convinced I can be arsed to play AC2 tbh. Too many issues with it to bother typing them but im not convinced adopting lots of the conventions used in other rpgs (I hate the appearance of pets in a turbine game) has been the right answer. Oh well, I guess all new cars look the same too :)

G

granny

hehe ello ereb :)

yeah speccy I know what you mean, it's got a lot of problems atm, most of which seem to stem from it trying to be like daoc while trying to be different at the same time and not really managing either...

I'm certainly going to carry on playing the beta but wait until I see what kind of state it's in when they go live before deciding on a subscription or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom