Beta Server PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Seems to consist of multiple level 50+ players chasing after grey cons in contested areas. Quite shit tbh. And yes, that means I was on a quest there and got corpse camped. Not really sure where to go from here, red condition on most of my gear and somebody waiting to gank me every time I either go to my corpse or the nearest graveyard (which unfortunately happens to be an alliance town).

Moreover 40 minutes and counting on my recall stone. Guess it's time to log out and recall in the early hours....

Turamber

Part of the furniture
When the game goes live I will be on a regular server. It's fun fighting people your own level, but not being ganked senseless by high levels repeatedly. Thanks for your insight killer robot type man.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Found out the same, the hard way, but getting close to 60 so it wont be me on the recieving end. Not like I enjoy doing that (wasting time)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
yup it can suck :) but i know if they canmp everyone for 3 hours then pretty soon you'll be above them in lkevels cos u dont gain exp by camping, then just pay em a friendly visit :D

what i hate htough on US servers is if you say e.g.

"grr group of people corpse camping me" you get this replY:

Yank 1: "OMFG NOOB play pve server"
Yank 2: "YEAH carebear!"
Yank 3: "I was camping your mommas corpse last night" (an actual reply ive seen)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hope WoW EU wont have the same crowd of 13 year olds playing as US :( My "report" button will be worn down in notime :flame:

Say what you want about daoc but overall the community is pretty mature, at least when it comes to language.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Maybe, but DAoC isn't really a PvP game - unless you play on the gank-fest FFA PvP server. Most people in DAoC don't venture into the frontier's to xp or quest, and there are battlegrounds for sub max levels to fight it out.

Reading the VN boards a lot of DAoC players have had a rude awakening when it comes to what a real PvP game is about.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
Hope WoW EU wont have the same crowd of 13 year olds playing as US :( My "report" button will be worn down in notime :flame:

This is 100% sure to come.

Aada

Part of the furniture
jeez i hate people who moan about when they got corpse camped on a pvp server.

I played UO (Ultima Online) back when it was first released and ya know what? PVP games today dont even come close to the brutality of what UO had il give you an example.

In real life people kill people right? there are no natural laws that prevent us from doing this.

In UO you could do exactly this.. but only outside of cities because the guards (police) would beat you to the ground. This was what people pvpers? well could i call it people who like freedom to do/be what they want in a game? loved most about UO FREEDOM to do what YOU wanted ofc there was consquence for killing a player.. after 3-4 kills you would turn red (murderer) ANYONE who saw you could attack you without question and YOU could not go into a town because the guards (police) would beat you down and kill you.

I loved this it was so cool to be/do what i WANTED.

Some of you guys moan about being corpse camped etc but jesus if you have played a hardcore pvp game corpse camping is NOTHING! wanna know what is something? in UO if someone killed you they could take EVERYTHING you had on you clothes/weapons even stupid people carrying rares worth a couple of MILLION lol. It really sucked to be killed by someone when you were wearing some really good gear that cost you about 500k gold, but fuck did you learn how to be good at the game.

This is also what people loved about the game when you went out into the wilderness it was actually a fucking challenge to stay alive knowing at any moment some ruthless fuck could come along and destroy you it was EXCITING you felt adreneline, your heart raced and you sweated. When was the last time you felt that in a MMORPG? not many im betting.

Seriously WoW pvp is carebear there is no consequence for being killed by another player sure if he wants to piss you off he will corpse camp you but wanna know what to do? go near you corpse and go afk for 5mins he wont hang around long and when you get back he will be gone.

Theres a couple of games im looking forward to with a real pvp system in

Darkfall online
Roma Victor

As soon as these games come out the people who like freedom to do what they want will be out of WoW/daoc/EQ2 like a shot.

Hope that explains just how weak WoW pvp is compared to UO and why not to get angry/cry when someone corpse camps you.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Here's to hoping they leave WoW quickly then.

I played Shadowbane for about 6-10 months, and that is a no holds barred PvP game. My lowbie characters were forever getting ganked by high levels who they couldn't even hit, let alone fight.

However even in that game there was no such thing as corpse camping, if you lost a fight you could release and get back to the game. In WoW you can find yourself being chain killed by people whose level you can't even SEE let alone fight back against.

And, because of the nature of the game, a lot of this "PvP" (in quotes because it's not real PvP, being killed again and again by people you can't even fight back against is griefing - plain and simple) happens when you are running solo. The gankers meanwhile have gone out to gank and will often be in groups.

It's no wonder the beta server PvP has a very low population - because most of your time in contested areas involves being hunted by groups of people whose level you can't even see, and when they catch up with you it's a one hit kill ... and when you release and come back to your body, wham you're dead again. And with the silly graveyard system half the time your spirit will be returned to life in an enemy graveyard with a high chance of getting killed again.

So glad that you like that sort of play. But, newsflash, that doesn't make you a PvP'er ... it makes you a griefer.

Thankfully it's not like that ALL the time. I was able to do some quests and xp in contested territory over the weekend and had some good fights against people my own level: which is the way the game is designed to be played, the system throws you into areas where people of similar level are xp'ing and questing.

But until Blizzard goes the whole hog and penalises players for their high level grief tactics events like I described at the beginning will continue to happen.

EDIT: I think it's worth pointing out that of all the servers Shadowbane opened with only 1/3rd of them are open now. Most MMOG players don't enjoy being griefed, and want a game experience that involves something more than griefing. People in the USA are already reporting drops of players in the PvP servers -- when battlegrounds go live expect even more people to move from PvP to regular servers.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
As soon as these games come out the people who like freedom to do what they want will be out of WoW/daoc/EQ2 like a shot.
Thank heavens.

You really don't understand, do you Aada?

So much hate for nothing, sad.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
Thank heavens.

mmm, everything he says makes him seem more stupid really. If you hate WoW so much, im sure your mum will only be too glad to stop paying for your subscription. Oh, and if you loved UO so much, why did you leave? :wanker:

Aada

Part of the furniture
ah you people go take it out of context as usual you fuckin fools lol did i say i hated WoW nope? i just said the pvp system is not brutal its easy.

Hate for what Whisperess? there was no hate in that post i was just pointing out that corpse camping is fuck all now put up or shut up ok? stupid kid.

If you read my post i was'nt bashing the game i was simply pointing out that things could be ALOT more brutal.

Why did i leave UO? same reason most people left it you carebears came along and cried when you died then EA took over the game and made it EQ like.

I dont hate WoW i hate fools who join a pvp server that is still very carebear like and moan when they get corpse camped. Heres a tip join a pve server fools where you have to click yes to fight someone.

Mummy paying for my subs? dont think so you jobless bum.

you :wanker: s

Aada

Part of the furniture
Whisperess said:
Thank heavens.

Understand what? because i like to do what i like in a game makes me not understand? your one of them people that like to pve in complete safety with no risk right? lol

You seem to be the one hating freedom of what to do in a game ;/ quite sad

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
stop living in the past

what the fuck was worth 500k in uo you would pvp with?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Ease the hate people, blimey, it's this kind of discussion that's the reason we have two different types of servers in the first place.

*Wants three :(*

Cut out the attacks chaps, it won't help the thread any (plus it'll be gone if it continues in this direction :))

Aada

Part of the furniture
k9awya said:
stop living in the past

what the fuck was worth 500k in uo you would pvp with?

Well lets see.. first theres your potions (pots as they were known) then my invuln armour/vanq/power weapons

i lost easily 100k in equipment in fights sometimes but i sure as hell won alot of them because before i came along most people used GM smithy weapons/armour

I made a tamer got rich 10mill+ and made my lumber/dexer and kitted him out with very good gear.

Aada

Part of the furniture
FuzzyLogic said:
Ease the hate people, blimey, it's this kind of discussion that's the reason we have two different types of servers in the first place.

*Wants three :(*

Cut out the attacks chaps, it won't help the thread any (plus it'll be gone if it continues in this direction :))

I did'nt attack anyone in my first post Whisperess in all her wisdom took my post the wrong way and attacked me like the fool she is.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
I did'nt attack anyone
Aada said:
jeez i hate people who moan about when they got corpse camped on a pvp server.
Aada said:
you fuckin fools
Aada said:
now put up or shut up ok? stupid kid.
Aada said:
you carebears came along
Aada said:
dont think so you jobless bum.
Aada said:
Aada said:
like the fool she is.
And that's from what, 2-3 posts in a row?

Aada, calm down a little. None of the attacks above are constructive in any way, they just resort to swearing and attempts at insults.

What I meant in my post about understanding is this; People play games to have fun, in whatever shape that may be. The original poster stated his view on the current PvP on the PvP servers. This view might make people that enjoy somewhat "fair" battles to reconsider the PvP server.

This is his opinion, he is entitled to have it without you spewing your hate for players that don't fancy the ganking part of PvP.

Here's a newsflash for you; putting labels on people doesn't make you a better player/person - it just makes everyone view you as a person in the mid-teens, wether this is the case or not.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Aada my comments weren't targetted solely at you. It didn't help with people baiting each other throughout the thread, you were just far more overt about it.

If this is kind of discussion that's going to go on about PvP, PvE or any other aspect of the game that people disagree upon then I may as well become some nazi mod from hell that makes Tilda look like a sympathiser in fluffy bunny shoes (no offense intended Tild :p) because if that's sincerely the only way to keep the peace on here then ... fine, but I don't want to do that because I like the vague idea of freedom of discussion, just know where to draw the line when it comes to that is all I ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom