Heavy on the Magick
Head over Heals
Three Weeks in Paradise
Spectipede
Dan Dare
Quazatron
Seabase Delta
Robin of Sherwood

(The £1.99 range of Mastertronics were great :D )

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
manic miner
jet set willy

oh and the one where you turned into a werewolf - Knightlore??

Edit: I forgot Chuckies Egg - all time classic

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Jet Set Willy!!!!!

<---------

Knightlore was amazing too.... and

Lords of Midnight
Psitron
Alien8
Cookotony Wilf

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
What was this motorcycle game again.... Wheelies?

And anyone rememberign Avalon? This floating Wizard with all his spells? :D

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Lamp said:
Robin of Sherwood
speeeeeeeech omg omg!

Turbo Esprit
TLL (Tornado Low-Level)
Renegade
Elite
Flying Shark

so many more! :D

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
So many classic games, some of my favourites (still got them tucked away somewhere :D )

Jet Set Willy
Manic Miner
Football Manager
Lords of Midnight & Doomdarks Revenge
Elite
Dragontorc of Avalon
The Hobbit & LotR adventure games
Jet Pac
Hungry Horace series
Sherlock
Chaos

Could go on and on... :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Roken said:

Was better on the BBC but still a great game. When you consider the memory taken up compared to the bloatware we have today, quite amazing.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Hungry Horace &
Horace goes Ski-ing

they were the best afaik :clap: :clap:

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
So many to choose from,but these I probably wasted more time on than any other.

Elite
Tau Ceti
Tir Na Nog
Bards Tale

:)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Tir Na Nog

omfg... LOL :D

"Sithe!"
I never understood that game.

What was this one game, where you had to escape from some maze thing full of mummies and the like, while your air was running out? One could climb up ropes, find guns and occasional healing potions.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nifty Lifty
Combat School (17 Joysticks broken because of this game)
Spy Hunter
Knightmare
Commando
Zaxxion
Trap Door

still got my spectrum in good condition and loads fecking games.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
omfg... LOL :D

"Sithe!"
I never understood that game.

What was this one game, where you had to escape from some maze thing full of mummies and the like, while your air was running out? One could climb up ropes, find guns and occasional healing potions.

Bah I know that game I have it youve given me something to think about this afternoon at work anyway.

I believe it was called Fred.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Calaen said:
Nifty Lifty

Trap Door

zoompic.pl

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Emulators

ZX Spectrum emulation is in very good state and almost 10 years are available emulators which are very close to 100% emulation state. In nowadays the best emulators try to close every single graphics effect to real Spectrum, so if you are not based on really lowest detail maybe 10 emulators will satisfy you - only problem is that some of them are older a bit and you can experience difficulties running it on new systems like Windows 2000 or XPs and the search for stable WinXP/2000 Spectrum emulator is not so simple yet. That's why I have chosen 4 emulators now, everyone for different types of users.

Spin - Normal user choice - This seems to be the best now for Windows, it's new, stable and still very well progressing emulator with very nice GUI, all necessary features and high compatibility. I recognized only few issues like small latency of sound, but it's nothing very important. Because it has not homepage yet (!), the link is direct link to download file.

RealSpectrum - Advanced user choice - the most complex and most accurate emulation of all ZX Spectrum models, if you are lucky enough and your computer configuration will like it. It's really very unstable and sensitive for configuration, so don't expect lot especially under Windows 2000/XP.

ZX32 - Beginner choice - Opposite of Real Spectrum. Very simple emulator of ZX Spectrum 48/128 for Windows, which was made for beginners which don't know Spectrum hardware and loading mechanisms, just simply want load a game and play :) But after deeper look, you can see some difficulties here, especially with sound, which cracks in certains situations.

X128 - DOS choice - another very accurate emulator, and is a lot more stable than RealSpectrum, but it's only for DOS...

So as you see, every Spectrum emulator has its buts now. This is typical example that accurate emulation is not enough. We had accurate emulator for around 5-6 years, but we can't find easy, simple and accurate emulator on new OSes yet...

Look at World of Spectrum for lot of games and other resources about ZX Spectrum.

Personally, I found SPECTACULATOR to be the best. Works on XP and NT even on work networked PC's ! Spent many an hour on company time playing Exolon hahahaha !!

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Abu Simbel
Highway Encounter
Yee Ar Kung Fu
Match Day Series \o/

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Four most played games on my old spectrum were...

Elite (well, duh)
Target Renegade
Barbarian
Feud (awesome fun)

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
How did they make these games fit into 48k memory?

Sabre Wulf
The Hobbit
Elite
Valhalla
Way of the Exploding Fist

Did anyone else break their keyboard with Daley Thompsons Decathalon?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Games for the 48K spectrum obviously fitted into the 48K RAM available by the use of clever Z80 coding. Tricks like using RRCA and the RLCA instructions to reverse graphics for multiple uses, and a good complier help.

True 128K games using the RAM paging file to flip between the two areas of 65536 KB's.

Also, remember that IR2 - the 2nd Interrupt mode gave the illusion of the computer performing two tasks at the same time.

/sighs at the old memories of Z80 assembly language coding days...

RAFAELLE CECCO <--- :worthy:

Zede

Part of the furniture
You spectum owners :p

blessed was the C-64 - all bow to the might 64' in what was battle of the 8'bits !

My piccy is of Ultima IV that came out in 1986, on 2 double sided disks - really the forerunner of DaoC and all that ilke, you really dont know what you missed back then :)

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Jet Set Willy
Attic Attack
The Hobbit (never finished it, always got the spider dropping on my head)
Valhalla
Horace goes Skiing

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Target Renegade :worthy:
Double Dragon - Tho prefered the Amstrad version, as my dodgy *ahem* version used to crash on the bits that come out of the wall part.
Chukie Egg - The one where you had to gather ingredients to make a cake iirc, and from reading some games magazine of the time it was acctually bugged and could enver be completed due to some missing.
Thunder Cats - Don't really remember the game just remember wanting to play it a lot xD.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Bluevixen said:
How did they make these games fit into 48k memory?

Sabre Wulf
The Hobbit
Elite
Valhalla
Way of the Exploding Fist

Did anyone else break their keyboard with Daley Thompsons Decathalon?

Lol .. just remembered something about that Daley Thompsons Decathalon ...
You ran by moving the joystick left to right as fast as you could.
I was holding the joystick on my lap and going like hell when my Mother walked into my bedroom and saw me from behind.
She crossed the room in 3 steps and started slapping me on the back of the head shouting "You dirty wee bugger!!!!!".
I have no idea what she thought I was doing :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom