Best way to Overclock ATi Graphics card?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Im used to nVidia and thier wubbly "cooblits 3" hack... ive tried some ati 3rd party utils but they dont seem to work... gifv the shizz plz!

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Just as a note, if you're planning to O/C it for DAOC, don't bother. Not only will it make no difference in most cases, but I've found DAOC to be the least tolerant game I've played when it comes to GPU overclocking :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Yep do not overclock if you only going to be using it just for daoc mainly, also if it's a new high end card(800xl for example or higher) then just keep them at stock...you aren't going to really see the difference in games anyway with those, only in benchmarks.

Though ATI-tool probably seems best since it has artifacts/sparkles monitor when testing new clock speeds, also you may want to use an artic-cooler for it too which are about £15 and lower temps by 10-20c.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well mainly i wanna fix the mem clock which is ~25ish mhz(x2) below the rated speed of the ram as standard. doubt chip speed will help any with my shitty cpu. but i just hate not running hardware to its potential xD

i tried 'ati tool' but didnt seem to work, oh well i try again. was hoping there was smth out there like coolbits :(

Konah

Fledgling Freddie

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
If you are using 3d mark 2003/2005 and overclock by about 20% or so, you should see a good difference, my 6800GT 2003 score goes from near 12k to 13200 odd.

But if it's 2001, that is very cpu/memory related, overclocking a gfx card will see not much increase at all in this version.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
aye, was using 2001, getting 05 now!

MoD

Fledgling Freddie
get the latest omega drivers , you can get them from guru3d.com .

they let u overclock alot better than some of the other utils out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom