Best way to get into a rvr group ?

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
Hi !

As I have never really gotten into rvr due to not getting any groups,... not that I tried very hard, I was wondering how a guildless rvr noob, like me, best can get into a rvr group without teleporting to Emain/Odins and scream LFG LFG PLIIIZZZ for like half an hour ? Any1 use the group display thingy for that ? Hope some1 has a good tip or two on the matter.

Cheers

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
gogo with random groups till you get to rr4-5 or smth then try ask for groups with other high rrs? =)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
by random i mean groups such as tartans (on midgard anyway) he runs some wierd groups such as last i was with him we had 2skald 4rm 1shammy or smth. still if you do groups like that and go to places like HW providing people stick with group you can make rp and have fun ;D

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
As I need to get it together, thats all I want, learn by doing so to speak. How do you get into those groups m8 ? Hanging around port keeps till you finally get into 1 , by spamming LFG ?

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
hey is that the original Dark Knights asup? Anyway it depends mainly on ur class... If you're trying to get a reaver into random rvr grps u should prolly give up it rarely happens unless the grp is terrible... :/ Simply the best way to get grps is to use a popular character like a healing class or determination tank, the grps should find uuu

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
learn to play your class as good as you can and tweak teh max out of it
sooner or later ppl will notice you
rolling a toon to get invited intoo rvr grps is just sad imho
it takes time and its a long learning/socializing curve
you cant rush it that much imho

Gualin

Fledgling Freddie
This reply is similar >8)

Each time, when you're a hib, you go outside DL (drium ligen, like albs sauvage/mids svasud) and scream LFG... and then you just wait... we rarely port to odins/HW and scream lfg >8) we always find our grp in DL.. how do mids/albs get grp?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Sad as it is these days, you need to be lvl 50, SCed, be a class that will fit into FoTM groups and THEN, build a name for yourself. Then if you want to be top dog, you need to ask around RvR guilds to see if they need you. Set-up groups work the best once you have learnt to work with each other, although some people find it tedious having to log on and have fun at set times.

That's if you want groups very easily/regularly :)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Elitism realm which is Albion, is full of tards who don't give a shit about grouping you unless you got det or some form of support utility in your char.

Moaning about it won't help you whatsoever. Level a merc or a sorc or even a cleric if your that desperate for RvR groups, don't make it everyone elses problem, I know its harsh.. but its just the way it is. :(

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing wrong with reavers... Have had some good guild groups with mine...

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Thats beacuse your guilded, in a very active RvR guild.

He's talking about the situation from a unguilded state.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
nothign wrong with reavers but if you aren't in an rvr guild people are too ignorant to give you a chance

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Try joining TP, pick up the basics, and work around the problem of trying to join groups, and just make them instead yourself. ;-)

Not everyone care's about FOTM, some people just want to RvR, regardless of the outcome.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Apologies. The suggestion "get a guild" seemed too obvious and stupidly simple that I didn't bother posting it. Clearly it wasn't, however.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Asup said:
Hi !

As I have never really gotten into rvr due to not getting any groups,... not that I tried very hard, I was wondering how a guildless rvr noob, like me, best can get into a rvr group without teleporting to Emain/Odins and scream LFG LFG PLIIIZZZ for like half an hour ? Any1 use the group display thingy for that ? Hope some1 has a good tip or two on the matter.

Cheers
TM is in the process of setting up fixed rvr groups and regular 'less fixed' rvr. If you're interested, give me a pm and maybe we can work something out. Some of the characters in the rvr group are starting from scratch RP-wise.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
There is a faster way.

Getting deathmessages in rvr :p

You will be noticed sooner or later :cheers:

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
Yes Bishi its me :)

The plan is to get the last two levels asap(fire wizz), and sc his gear ofc. My biggest problem is that im a casual player, meaning in periods i play nothing, in others i play alot. (working shifts away from home) And in the past when I was active with DAOC it was real easy, had lots of great friends inviting me to do fun stuff. But when I come back after long absence, most of them are gone. When I spend 5 minutes in avalon LFG, thats it !!! Ill play my necro and PL a bg toon instead :).

I see ure point tho, solo some, get some experience and the groups WILL appear in time once they get used to my mug hangin around :p.

Thx for constructive contributions ppl, appreciate it.
:cheers:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
1. Join a guild that is rvr active.
2. Get realm abilities that are desirable for group oriented rvr (eg. longwind, determination, mastery of contemplation, mastery of the art, purge etc etc)
3. Adverties what abilities you have when lfg (eg. /yell det4, lw <class> lfg)
4. Be prepared to run in non-perfect setups.
5. Do not get a reputation of beeing the guy that always disbands after first wipe.
6. Be patient. RvR is, sadly, 75% downtime and (if lucky) 25% running and fighting. At least when forced to rvr in pickup-groups.

Good luck with your rvr career :)

Gahlzor

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
1. Join a guild that is rvr active.
2. Get realm abilities that are desirable for group oriented rvr (eg. longwind, determination, mastery of contemplation, mastery of the art, purge etc etc)
3. Adverties what abilities you have when lfg (eg. /yell det4, lw <class> lfg)
4. Be prepared to run in non-perfect setups.
5. Do not get a reputation of beeing the guy that always disbands after first wipe.
6. Be patient. RvR is, sadly, 75% downtime and (if lucky) 25% running and fighting. At least when forced to rvr in pickup-groups.

Good luck with your rvr career :)

7. start your own groups. if everyone wants someone else to start a group no groups will ever start.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
post crap on barrysworld for a couple of years then demand fotm groups from BF or LoD :) (or just about anyone else I know tbh)

oh wait that's my tactic... it doesn't work very often

spec smite and help Chilly make a wacky alternative group?

hrm

start your own groups is probably quite good advice, be _fairly_ picky about what you invite ( a group with no cleric or minstrel really won't last long in emain - might do ok in HW till 3fg fotms appear to ruin it)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Vasconcelos said:
There is a faster way.

Getting deathmessages in rvr :p

You will be noticed sooner or later :cheers:

This doesn't seem to work for my cleric... and for some reason they never believe me when I tell them I'm rej/enhance I just happen to have lost my spec buff icons somewhere....

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well from my vast experience of this kinda thing, there are a variety of things:

if ur some low rr guy in a none rvr guild that is pve based or lower lvl based or whatever u wont get any good rvr grps. ull most likely get grps of similar people that are unbalacned and generally not very fun.
u can try prove urself as a good player, which can be hard but if u get given the chance and ur good, then the chance is that ull get called up again via pm or whatever.

u can also join an rvr guild were it seems ur percived to be a good player and thus get invited into good grps, hence why u often see grps of combined fc,no,bf or whatever.
also i think rolling a fotm class is not the answer, ye a cleric and merc get grp easier, but in the end game ull be judged on ur ability rather than how good u are.

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
Make one yourself.... hehe its so simple its brilliant. :clap:

Thx for making my options clear people, I trust you will guide me out there when you see me perform below par :).

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Tips for getting rvr group as an Alb.

1). Buy a Hibernian Medallion from the guy as C.Sauvage

2). Upon arrival in Emain, spam /y I HAVE EMAIN CG

3). Invite random RR1-RR4's to your group with classes such as Cabalist, Necro and Infiltrators ps. no clerics allowed

4). When roughly 50-100 people are in the CG, spam the cg with the following "MOVING TO AMG NOW, STICK TOGETHER"

5). When you arrive at AMG, setup camp and farm RP's to your hearts content.

Rinse and repeat till RR6 then join leet RP guild and claim you never zerg!

trade

Fledgling Freddie
Loool :p

Xanthian said:

3). Invite random RR1-RR4's to your group with classes such as Cabalist, Necro and Infiltrators ps. no clerics allowed

4). When roughly 50-100 people are in the CG, spam the cg with the following "MOVING TO AMG NOW, STICK TOGETHER"

that's the spirit !
or 6) get a few friends together, start ur own grps, chat a bit on msn, have a drink together (or more :p ) and play together, make a balanced grp, learn how to play together and u'll always have a grp and make rps, u'll be surprised how much more fun daoc is with close friends in grp, crazy jokes etc

it's kinda sily when u hear the people say about elitiste etc, ofc u make fixed rvr grps when u know some irl or u've been playing daoc together since beta, don't thinck not finding grps is hard in albion afterall numbers never lie and sometimes with all the alb zerg these days one can always solo, who can tell who's grped in that lovely 50 ppl campimg atk :p

Asup

Fledgling Freddie
Xanthian said:

LOL ! :clap:
Talk about innovation m8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom