Best Us Server

M

~Mobius~

does anyone know a us a server with a nice community, friendly atmosphere?
theres so many to chose from!!!
anyone who plays there or used to might know :)

M

~Mobius~

can someone give me the link to the daoc ign boards to please?

thanks

O

old.Gombur Glodson

nice monologue you got going here.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

*watches the tumbleweed roll by and cackles ewully*

M

~Mobius~

crap, got all excited when i saw new post on my thread....

*makes note not to get excited when sickofit replies to his thread*

someone answer my Qs please :)

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by old.Mobius
can someone give me the link to the daoc ign boards to please?

thanks

vnboards.ign.com

and bout the friendly server....try mordred .. ;)

M

~Mobius~

yeah ive heard mordred has a nice community feel :p

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Albion on Guinevere is all right.

Midgard on Nimue is a definite no-no.

That's all my Swiss cheese memory remembers about the US servers.

C

.Cask

I used to play on Percival (roleplaying server) and that had a pretty nice atmosphere. In fact it was too nice sometimes - you'd end up with people from different realms becoming best friends and having relationships which doesn't make for a good war scenario. Although I'd imagine that all servers are populated with nice people and nasty people, and it's down to luck which type you end up surrounded by.

Also I hear that the realm draws different types of people too. Hibernia is meant to be the most friendly, with Midgard second and Albion third. I didn't just make this up, it has come from reading message boards and playing all 3 realms to some extent.

If you do go for a roleplaying server then don't forget to roleplay! Most people stay ooc unless they see everyone else roleplaying so it normally takes someone in the group to get the ball rolling.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by sickofit...
Not enough pie on Midgard/Nimue?
Yes indeed, they provide me with much more pie over here in Europe, but that may be due to us healers naturally getting a lot of pie-ty. <hears groans and gets off stage>

No, Nimue was the first server opened after a long time, and Mythic decided to label it a roleplaying server. Unfortunately, there were even more non-roleplaying powerlevellers than usual who flocked to the new Nimue server because, again, it was the first new server opened after many months.

I remember seeing a screenshot of the non-roleplaying powerlevellers from Midgard Nimue (some powerlevellers do roleplay, I don't want to seem discriminatory) at play in the frontiers, and the speech window had lines like 'Don't use that sh*t poison n steal my RPs b*tch' (but without the asterixes). The first thing anyone said to me on Nimue, out in the open, was, paraphrased: 'It's funny how this is labelled RP server but noone rps'.

It was dire; I only met one other roleplayer there, if anyone reading plays on Nimue Midgard say hello to Ramius Thunderbeard if he still exists, from Ebisumaru the Kobold *sniffle*.

If a pvp roleplay server were to exist in Europe, they ought to open it soon after first opening another pvp server to lessen the impact of the influx of non-roleplaying powerlevellers.

Oh yes: Mobius, you will be missed if you're leaving us for the US servers. You're the closest thing to Gollum this server has. Here's the link, you can navigate around from the prydwen board:

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=22193

O

old.Xarr

merlin is pretty harsh.. very competative enviroment. steer away :)

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte

Oh yes: Mobius, you will be missed if you're leaving us for the US servers. You're the closest thing to Gollum this server has.

erm i think thats a compliment somewhere :p

im not leaving, just going to try out us for a month, after all, it would be a waste to start a new after 6months of lil ol mobius :)

thanks for all the help guys, but Ayams post has made me decide not to make a main there, just want to roleplay on the PvP server.

O

old.Stang

I played on the Nimue (rp) server just after it was opened, ive had alot of fun there, maybe because i was one of the higher lvl players that time. Some ppl there are rp players but the most are not because lots off ppl wanted a fresh start. Most ppl i have meet there were nice but its a long time ago so i dont know how it is there now. One of the reasons i quit there was the different time zone, try to find a pygmy grp when there are only 40 ppl online...

Stang - 40.5 season Armsman (R.I.P)

C

.Cask

Need a thick skin to play Mordred, I didn't last there very long.

Seems that everyone you kill feels the need to send you a message which gets a bit depressing after a while.

I know a few people that found playing on the PvP server completely killed the game for them. But like me they were probably on the way out anyway. DAoC just doesn't have the same player retention as EQ. Partially because lots of the players are orginally from EQ but also because it just doesn't seem to have the same guild community feel that EQ retained.

It'll be interesting to see how well SWG does as it has a few people from EQ working on it. Considering that EQ and DAoC were pretty much made by fresh talent I would class SWG as the first 2nd generation MMORPG. There will be a lot of people signing up of the first month but I wonder how many will stay on.

*Edit* Unless AC2 comes out first of course :)

M

~Mobius~

Thanks for the comments peoples.Keep them coming. :)

I´m not sure what class i should play.I might try a paladin, but will they actually do any good in PvP?
any advice would be great :)

E

erl

Paladins are no good at all in PvP. Tanks generally have problems there and pallys are one of the worst tangs. Fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom