Best Tincture for a tank ?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Playing a valewalker . Have 5 cloth sc parts in template . Thats 5 free spots for tinctures .

Should I just get 5 absorbtions or should I swap it around a bit ? Is anyone selling any heal tinctures or dmg add tinctures or anything like that ? Will pay good cash ..

Opinions ..is there a certain part of peoples armour that procs more ( gets hit more etc )

Ie ..if I got a heal proc ..is there a certain armour piece I would be wiser to put it on to increase proc rate etc or is at all 100% random .

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say ablas are a good choice overall, since heal procs are hard to come by. Most hit bodyparts are, in order, chest-leggings-sleeves/boots-gloves/head if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure :) If you're not gonna run with af charges I suggest you make one of the more commonly hit armorparts an af buff reactive tho :)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
use dots or wait for 1.84 (gala heal reactives).

5 dot reactives means that you might have the chance to keep your enemy perma doted all the fight

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Why whats 1.84 gonna do for gala ? How pricey are the heal procs ? Sell me 5 :eek:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ive used galla chest on hero a lot, and can thouroughly recommend a 180 heal proc on your chest if you can live with a few percent off some toa stats that an arti chest piece could provide. But thats the tough decision, a good heal proc, espcialy on your chest or legs owns, but so does capping TOA stuff..

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Boni said:
Ive used galla chest on hero a lot, and can thouroughly recommend a 180 heal proc on your chest if you can live with a few percent off some toa stats that an arti chest piece could provide. But thats the tough decision, a good heal proc, espcialy on your chest or legs owns, but so does capping TOA stuff..

I knew ..even though you havent been active a lot on FH ..that the moment I had a thread mentioning armour galla and heal procs you would rub ure heroes phat chest piece in my face . I still havent gotten over the last time we talked about it :p

A heal proc on the legs and the other 4 absorbs I think .

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
A heal proc or 2 is obviously best, but pricey atm. (if there are any for sell at all). In the 1.84 patch the drop-rate gets increased, but by how much isnt sure, and people will still need to farm them.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Why whats 1.84 gonna do for gala ? How pricey are the heal procs ? Sell me 5 :eek:

in 1.84 they will increase the drop rate for gala reactive heal procs a lot

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
anioal said:
in 1.84 they will increase the drop rate for gala reactive heal procs a lot

and it is alot :p alot of US players got it on their amour atm :D

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
dont put dotting things on your armor if you want to play in FG RVR,the bard will hate your for this

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Alexandrinus said:
dont put dotting things on your armor if you want to play in FG RVR,the bard will hate your for this

Nah wasnt going to .. Ive got root like .. will be dropping dmg shield in combat if i need to also :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
On all my toons that use Gov(Dot proc) and Scalers(Linked Abs proc) i use 2 dot procs and 2 abs procs ... Gives good balance tbh :D

And Afaik order u get hit in is ... Chest/Legs/Arms/Head/Feet/Hands

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Heal procs would be best, get 'm on pants / sleeves if possible. (should be in 1.85 as ppl have mentioned)
Ablamative / AF procs are decent aswell. I personally mixed those 2 since the ablamatives got problems stacking with your own ablamative buff when it procs...

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
And Afaik order u get hit in is ... Chest/Legs/Arms/Head/Feet/Hands

thats about as relyiant as petays lullaby intruption %'s. or sullys weight , oh the joy.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Sully is a healthy fit young fella .. his fat bastard issues should be left out of the equation .. especially considering all equations end in < sullys weight ...

Again I wouldnt EVER get a dot proc on my armour .. just a waste of an imbue slot . I want survivability not peedmg .. which would u prefer to get off in a fight .. your absorb or a you hit someone for peanuts message :z

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Aint an Ablative proc dangerous to put in VW armour as that will overwrite your rr5 (and possible your own ablative procs)?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Andrilyn said:
Aint an Ablative proc dangerous to put in VW armour as that will overwrite your rr5 (and possible your own ablative procs)?

Dont know anything about this..educate me /discuss

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Sully is a healthy fit young fella .. his fat bastard issues should be left out of the equation .. especially considering all equations end in < sullys weight ...

Again I wouldnt EVER get a dot proc on my armour .. just a waste of an imbue slot . I want survivability not peedmg .. which would u prefer to get off in a fight .. your absorb or a you hit someone for peanuts message :z

well the dot proc does 50 dmgx6 (I think) so thats not exactly peedmg (imo) :>, they also proc on archers shooting you so can interupt them also

all my templated tanks have 2xdot 2xabla

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Mmmm.. but if I get a dot proc off on someone and then I might want to use my root / slow insta ..will the dot break it ? Or does it not affect because its not a casted dot its a reactive..

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
if you use gov in your template i fail to see why are you affraid of dotting your enemies... most of the time the gov 2x dot will proc 1st.
besides that, if you use ablative from som and spec af charges then whats left? dots, dd reactives and ofc heal reactives if they get cheap enough in next patch

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ronso said:
Mmmm.. but if I get a dot proc off on someone and then I might want to use my root / slow insta ..will the dot break it ? Or does it not affect because its not a casted dot its a reactive..

Dont worry ure damage shield will already break those :D

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Arumos said:
well the dot proc does 50 dmgx6 (I think) so thats not exactly peedmg (imo) :>, they also proc on archers shooting you so can interupt them also

all my templated tanks have 2xdot 2xabla

Im heavy on DoTs on my Ranger, but on my VW (which this thread is about) I went spec-AF instead. Its not hard to interrupt archers on a VW and abla's dont really work with SoM and the Valewalking ablative-proc or the RR5-RA (You already have this effect, spell fails).

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Punishment said:
Dont worry ure damage shield will already break those :D

I said earlier I would be dropping dmg shield I wanted to root and pull back :p giblet !

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I would not waste galla procs on a cloth wearing tank unless it was a very good template as decay rate's are silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom