Best stealth class ingame?

B

BubbleCDR

Title says it all... Whats the best stealther class in the game?
1)inf
2)sb
3)ns
....:rolleyes:

B

BubbleCDR

Oh and it doesnt involve the crappy hunter/scout/ranger class's
:rolleyes:

O

old.Zorewin

ill stick to my minstrel <--wubs his minstrel :)

N

Novamir

minstrel is the most varied. with a buffbot it's uber soloing in gorge, can peobably solo a bit without buffbot- but is one of the albs most important group char in emain due to speed5.#

otherwise its inf due to the extra spec over shades and dragonfang which pretty much guarantees they will win any 1v1 fight even if they are jumped.

I

ImLestat

Hmmm, just curious. Why say stealther instead of assassin when that is clearly what you mean? ;)

B

BubbleCDR

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
Hmmm, just curious. Why say stealther instead of assassin when that is clearly what you mean? ;)

<shrugs> i no no:clap: :rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

buffbotted - minstrel
unbuffed - infiltrator

B

BubbleCDR

oki odki...........:m00: :clap: ...

I Stilll like my inf... there the best class in the game! if u hit lvl 50

E

-ElemenT-

Originally posted by SilverHood
fullly specced SZ > all

yea.. infil can try to hurt a full specced SZ :) won't get far tho

O

old.Thiralith

SB > inf > NS
sb vs inf I'd say is a pretty close call, but SB takes it in the length I think. Most NS's ive met have died veeery easily, never had any prob with them.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by old.LandShark
buffbotted - minstrel
unbuffed - infiltrator

I'd say this might be true if you said 'buffbotted and RR 5' - IMO, minstrel needs a certain amount of RAs to bring it up to par.

Lin

O

old.Charonel

generally i dont think of minstrels as stealthers much anymore, they've just had the ability to go around being a stealth class taken out of them too heavily by mythic (unless uberbuffed of course, because then they dont have to worry about getting spotted).

they are however (in my oppinion) the best of the stealth classes IF they're specced and played right. that's not speccing and playing as a stealther though, it's as a pet class.

a pet class with mezz, aoe mezz, insta stun, insta DD's, orange/red con pets, decent enough meelee (better than any other pet class anyway), chain armour, confuse shout (to destroy other pet classes chances), speed 5, all sorts.

then ra's, you have the famed SOS for getting out of trouble or aiding your group if needed AAAAAL sorts of stuff.

add to this that they're one of the most group friendly xp classes in albion (pet spec means high/full instrument spec, which is THE minstrel xp grouping spec), means you have rather a nice character.

there just arent' many fully pet spec minstrels around that's all, but the one's who are and who know how to play well are nasty.

out of best assassins i'd probably say infils because of the extra spec, shadowzerkers aren't really an assassin due to the lack of a fast deadly attack, they'll eat more or less anything on 1v1 meelee but dont do it instantly like infils/shades/critblades so are really a different type of character.

my views on it anyway :).

O

old.Trulla

Originally posted by old.Charonel
that's not speccing and playing as a stealther though, it's as a pet class.

a pet class with mezz, aoe mezz, insta stun, insta DD's, orange/red con pets, decent enough meelee (better than any other pet class anyway), chain armour, confuse shout (to destroy other pet classes chances), speed 5, all sorts.

problem is when u got a pet with u u cant use the flute (cant mess), u cant use your drum (no speed), and u cant go around stealthed either. If u try using any other song than the pet song u will lose control of the pet and he will attack u instead of ur target. So if u wanna run around like an ordinary tank with no speed and not stealthed dealing crap damage go for high music :p

only played minstrel before the ae mess patch so I dont know if all this are accurate anymore but most of it should be. The pet was always in the way when I played

K

kameh

Originally posted by old.Thiralith
SB > inf > NS
sb vs inf I'd say is a pretty close call, but SB takes it in the length I think. Most NS's ive met have died veeery easily, never had any prob with them.

Your in for a bit of a shock in a few patches, you'll be complaining about NS's and saying your gimped probably ;)

O

old.Thiralith

not as long as a lvl50 can die in 3-4 hits (no PA)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by old.linnet

I'd say this might be true if you said 'buffbotted and RR 5' - IMO, minstrel needs a certain amount of RAs to bring it up to par.
Lin

Quite true... From a soloing perspective, minstrel tends to go from 'crap' to 'jesus he got me, i'm a hero ffs' very quickly.

O

old.Charonel

Originally posted by old.Trulla

problem is when u got a pet with u u cant use the flute (cant mess), u cant use your drum (no speed), and u cant go around stealthed either. If u try using any other song than the pet song u will lose control of the pet and he will attack u instead of ur target. So if u wanna run around like an ordinary tank with no speed and not stealthed dealing crap damage go for high music :p

only played minstrel before the ae mess patch so I dont know if all this are accurate anymore but most of it should be. The pet was always in the way when I played

try learning the class :D

it's EXTREMELY easy to use mezz/speed etc... along with a pet, just learn twisting and PRACTICE PRACTICE PARCTICE to integrate all the elements.

i know i never have trouble using all the things along with a pet all at the same time.

stealth is the exeption, but i said about speccing as a pet class and not a stealther so its' not an issue.

a minstrel who can't mezz and speed along with using a pet at the same time isnt a very good minstrel :p

O

old.LandShark

I hate minstrel charm. I'm perfectly able to control a pet while running, mezzing, twisting run/power or whatever. It's just that I can't help but feel it's keeping us from getting some loving. The charm and the AE mezz are both stuff which I hate using (i'm a rogue; pet = no stealth) and which get listed against any kind of "help minstrels" thread.
Tbh since I got my framerate sorted out a bit, I've come to the conclusion that what i used to perceive as class flaws are really just a question of my own personal mistakes and/or framerate-caused probs.
All I want is a large reduction in power/end cost on our DDs, or a much larger power-per-charisma-pt ratio kinda thing...
And for see hidden to f00k off :E

B

BubbleCDR

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!! IM TRYING TO BECOME OLD.TROG FOR ONE NIGHT [SPAM KING] AND POST AS MANY POST'S AS POSSIBLE BEFORE DAMINI BOOTS ME OFFF!!!!

T

Teh Fonz!!1

I'm too drunk to be bothered reading all the other posts, so I'm just gonna say this...

Don't be bothered looking for the best class, look for the most fun class.

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I hate minstrel charm. I'm perfectly able to control a pet while running, mezzing, twisting run/power or whatever. It's just that I can't help but feel it's keeping us from getting some loving. The charm and the AE mezz are both stuff which I hate using (i'm a rogue; pet = no stealth) and which get listed against any kind of "help minstrels" thread.
Tbh since I got my framerate sorted out a bit, I've come to the conclusion that what i used to perceive as class flaws are really just a question of my own personal mistakes and/or framerate-caused probs.
All I want is a large reduction in power/end cost on our DDs, or a much larger power-per-charisma-pt ratio kinda thing...
And for see hidden to f00k off :E
I agree.
Twisting is not an option imho, I prefer my wrists in working condition. Also one slip and your pet smacks the shit out of you, it;s living on the edge just a bit too much. I only use pets if I can jump out of stealth, mez someone and charm a pet on the spot.

O

old.Charonel

well it's mainly down to why the player made the minstrel.

if they made it as a stealther then i can understand 100% why they'd feel a pet merely get's in the way, and i'd agree with them too, regardless of how powerfull you are with one, if i'd made mine to give me a stealth char then i wouldnt be using pet's, since they'd just bugger up my play style.

however, if you make one specifically AS a pet class, the ONLY things which can be considered as "getting in the way" are things which get in the way of you using the pet as primary, that shift in outlook brings the class into a whole different light :).

the main selling point for me personally is that it's absolutely excellent fun to play one, hard as hell (you can do it without any slipups with practice, i didnt mean hard that way, merely that you have to be totally on the ball 100% of the time, which is hard yet very enjoyable in itself) but has to be THE most enjoyable RvR i've had in this game yet, even my mana eld who i'm enjoying a hell of a lot doesnt compare to when i had my minstrel in thidranki soloing with the right pet (read chain healing/nuking pet's here :))

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Danyan

I agree.
Twisting is not an option imho, I prefer my wrists in working condition. Also one slip and your pet smacks the shit out of you, it;s living on the edge just a bit too much. I only use pets if I can jump out of stealth, mez someone and charm a pet on the spot.

I'd agree with this also. Pets (esp healing ones) are very useful in PvE and they have their moments in RvR also. But the main prob I have found is that when I am twisting speed/power/mez with a pet, it's difficult to also actually communicate with your group -- and THAT I find a crippling problem.

I like skirmishing with groups. Pets I try to use opportunistically, rather than dragging one all over Odins or wherever. I admire those superhumans who can twist mez/speed/power and hold a red pet, but it ruins my fun to try to do it.

Lin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom