Best Spec for Thurg?

A

Arwen

Hello,

I need some help determing the best spec for my thurg.. don't give me any 'depends what you want answers' plz just your personal opinions. I was going for full Earth until someone said 26 earth 45 air and now i need help deciding, thanks :)

I never saw the good about AoE attacks because they just get lots of mobs following you... right?

L

loxleyhood

Not another person named after Lord of the Rings!!! Is there a smiley that gets accross the general communication of >Loxleyhood's head explodes<?

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Is there a smiley that gets accross the general communication of >Loxleyhood's head explodes<?

:wall: might be what you're looking for

T

tris-

would you prefer arwen or one of the 100 different spellings of legalus or what ever the right spelling is? :merlin: :great:

O

-optical-

Whatever you do dont join alb if you wanna have fun, ofc the nice little towns etc look nice at first but then youll start realising the classes are crap.
Play Midgard we get "buffed up" a bit over the next couple of patches and when you start rvr'ing you wont be useless.

L

loxleyhood

The only person in the entire game named after Lord of the Rings that doesn't deserved to be slowly killed by a starved Hobbit (delightful ironic death :D ) is Waynedalf, and only because he seems to taking the piss out of all the others

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by -optical-
Whatever you do dont join alb if you wanna have fun, ofc the nice little towns etc look nice at first but then youll start realising the classes are crap.
Play Midgard we get "buffed up" a bit over the next couple of patches and when you start rvr'ing you wont be useless.

Of course theres the tiny matter of the fact that seems to be prevelant of the current situation that Albion is an endless sea of Red Army zerg now with extra communism and an in-exhausible supply of troops :)

T

Trinilim

Of course theres the tiny matter of the fact that seems to be prevelant of the current situation that Albion is an endless sea of Red Army zerg now with extra communism and an in-exhausible supply of troops :)

:wall:

T

Tilda

The only person in the entire game named after Lord of the Rings that doesn't deserved to be slowly killed by a starved Hobbit (delightful ironic death :D ) is Waynedalf, and only because he seems to taking the piss out of all the others

i quite enjoy killing Hobbitmolester :D

Tilda

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by arwen
Hello,

I need some help determing the best spec for my thurg.. don't give me any 'depends what you want answers' plz just your personal opinions. I was going for full Earth until someone said 26 earth 45 air and now i need help deciding, thanks :)

I never saw the good about AoE attacks because they just get lots of mobs following you... right?

Well: I still must say: Depends on what you want :)

Basically a theurgist has 3 lines to choose from: Earth, ice and wind. Each specline has a 'pet/elemental' in it:

Earth - your common melee pet. Lives 30 seconds
Ice - A nuker pet. Lives 25 seconds
Wind - A hybrid 'bad melee'/'good stun' pet. Lives 20 seconds (!)

As you already know, you can spam pets. If you wanna be group friendly during PvE (XP'ing) roll a theurgist with at LEAST Pulsing Blade Turn (PBT) 10 seconds. That requires earth 26 points and leaves around 48 over for another line. The pet will be a greencon then at level 50, so still usable (!)

The earth-line is IMHO a bit gimped for RvR purposes. The pets are good, but they don't stop the enemy running towards you and kick the crap out of you. And you will probably die sooner then he, even with 6 sec PBT and a fair ammount of pets on him. Furthermore: PBT 6 sec. drains power so expect to be quite idle a lot.

The air-line is, IMHO, a very mana-friendly line. Even combined with 10 sec PBT you will be able to spam 4 pets and nuke around 10 times without being OOP. It also gives your class limited CC (AoE-mezz) which does not get resisted a lot. It's just damn short, so I use it for emergency-situations where I wanna get out and take some distance of the enemy. The nuke is a DD209 based on spirit and will hurt (especially on Mids) quite a lot.

I didn't try the ice-line in full glory yet. The nuke-pets look nice and I think it does a fair amount of damage. Your nuke in that line has a 35% snare on it and does average damage (DD179, but cold based). You will get a longer AoE-root, but root isn't the best CC since archers can still shoot and casters can still cast.

For starters I would suggest going full earth to learn your class a bit and make it possible at level 26 to get PBT and get some groups to level you easy. Then you can start thinking about the rest of your spec. Remember: At level 40 you can respec 1 line, so nothing will be lost if you choose wrong. At level 40 you will probably know what line you wanna use.

K

K0nah

the guy asks a simple question and u turn it into a whine thread :rolleyes:

28 earth 10 ice 45 air: gives 13% attack speed debuff, 10s pbt, 23s aoe root, 27s mez and a nice spec dd, along with the pets ofc

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by K0nah
the guy asks a simple question and u turn it into a whine thread :rolleyes:

28 earth 10 ice 45 air: gives 13% attack speed debuff, 10s pbt, 23s aoe root, 27s mez and a nice spec dd, along with the pets ofc

That's wasn't whining! I think the theurgist is a very good class!

Your spec is almost the same as my spec, but forget the AoE-root. It nearly never lands properly in RvR when you are facing someone lvl50. Think it has to do something with spell-level :)

B

Bridge Trent

I think I spoke to you the other day via PMs about this with my theurgist. Dont make the mistake of missing out on getting the first Pulsing BladeTurn at level 26. It will haunt you for the levels it takes to catch up. Groups wont be too happy if they invite and you havent specced to at least the 1st PBT when you get to 30+

I tried respeccing full earth and the rest ice on the last patch on Gorre and I wasnt too happy with the results (apart from being able to melee duel slow tanks). RvR will be boring, you may as well be afk and you only have 1 type of aoe crowd control which as PuppetMistress said above gets resisted a lot. This is what I found anyway (the leading theurgist for realm points is Earth/Ice I think)

The air nukes are a lot of fun when you get the right targets although seeing "You hit xxx for 230 damage (-417)!" is a bit disappointing. The air "mez" although it does say they are stunned in the text when you cast it is pretty good for small scale crowd control, I managed to use it on Witherwoods and seemed to work ok for the final levels in Darkness falls at the inquisitors etc.
Psyche seems to be doing ok in RvR and I think Elegido (pardon my spelling) is an air/earth therg too.

Theurgist Spec. templates

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom