Best solo class in Hib

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Although me and the wife started pryd-hib as our main realm we were pulled back to Alb (have no idea why, should be sick of it by now) so we have a Sorc / Ice Wiz Combo on Excal. I was intending to use the Sorc as my solo char so now need a new one and would like a change of scenery from Alb. So what's going to be the easiest char to level solo and also fairly decent in RvR?

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
CliffyG said:
Although me and the wife started pryd-hib as our main realm we were pulled back to Alb (have no idea why, should be sick of it by now) so we have a Sorc / Ice Wiz Combo on Excal. I was intending to use the Sorc as my solo char so now need a new one and would like a change of scenery from Alb. So what's going to be the easiest char to level solo and also fairly decent in RvR?

Manachanter, of course. Even after focus shield nerf its still better then any other class in Hib solo.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
Nooo. Not ANOTHER mana chanter :(

Make a light chanter. They're good solo, and they're great fun in RvR. You just need to know how to play them properly :)

People say box pbaoe, etc, but you won't have any chance to solo in RvR. You can still pick up groups (which the groups generally appreciate you alot for when you 3 shot their support before anyone gets near to each other ;) )

It's a fun class to play, and is underplayed and under rated. :wub:

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
By light chanter i assume you mean way of the sun? DAoC.Catacombs doesn't mention Light or Mana.

45 Light, 29 Enchantment sound OK?

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
Also toying with the idea of 44 Enchant, 30 Mana which seems to swap the high damage output of me for a much tougher pet.

Any advice on spec would be appreciated.

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
1) where do you find chicks that likes daoc? please tell me :)

2) dont move from hib to albion. Thats no good choise. Its like owning a yacht and exchange it for a cannoe. Hope for reincarnation irl, so u have the chance to redeem yourself by playing hib ONLY imo ;)

3) Best solo class is valewalker i think. with sc:d armor and a decent scythe u can pull for hours and hours and hours with very little downtime. (if any at all). I heard enchant chanters are good solo as well, with their tough pet and the pet heal proc(?) Light (sun) mentalists are good as well, but you will NEED to have capped or very high lightspec and some +light from items to be able to hold a pet that will do any change at lower lvls. Both pets and your chance to charm and hold em becomes much better at 40+.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
vw is a very nice class, best solo non-caster in hib, imo :)

Shirel

Fledgling Freddie
If you opt for a light spec chanter take light to 46 and put the rest of the points into mana rather than enchantments. You will get the first heat debuff that way so can debuff your own dmg type. It makes a huge difference.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
The valewalker sounds quite interesting actually, not even considered that as i don't know much about them. Will check out daoc.catacombs.

Leleith, i found her in Ibiza strangely enough :D. She's the reason we're moving to Alb too cos she knows it all and doesnt have to ask me where to go lol. Plus she loves wizzies.

EDIT

Valewalker looks very nice, am going to make one this evening. 50 scythes, 42 Arborial and 9 Parry.

Shamyn

Fledgling Freddie
imo the easiest solo class is the void eldritch.

Pretty much the same as a fire wizzy

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Best Solo Hib class is a Champion OR a VW. With the dawn of BB's and the Si class's were designed to be better base class's

< Why would anybody bother rolling / buying if it wasnt, x2 5% base resist is enough indication from me disregarding the HUGE side Proc chain of the VW which is clearly overpowered along with the Reaver Levi Rear Chain damage = 2h damage in 1h speed and then savages which we all know about :eek:>

Str/con Self buff
Debuff your enemy
Ranged DD That does Decent Damage.
Insta Snare for escape Stop fleeing Support / Caster etc.

If you have a BB the str/con isnt as useful but debuffs are always useful.

VW + Champ duo is quite uba ^^. Take red cons in a few secs if your side chain isnt resisted as a VW :D

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
95,43% of all valewalkers seem to go for 50 scythe, 38 arb and 20 parry. Should take a closer look at that spec imo. Gives u a defense that makes armsmen cry and wee their armours in fear, just to then salvage it and make bikes out of the materials (thats how good that spec is!) The DoT u get at 42 will only work as an interrupter anyways, so dont build your spec around that one imo. The ones that dont take arb to 38, seem to stop at 34, where u get the last abs buff. Parry is a nice addition to the valers defense. try to get it as high as possible.

GL :)

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I started up my baby VW last night, got him to 7 in about 2.5 hours. Can't believe how good its lifetap is considering how hard he hits with that scythe, does that carry through to later levels? Yellows are pretty easy to take down but i can stroll through blues. I was actually considering higher parry as i read that the parry chain does more damage than the evade chain. I don't want to drop Arb too much so would probably go for 38, i really don't like following the masses with my specs though :(.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
theres a reason why 50/38/20 is so popular, its the best spec :)

and at higher levels your scythe does indeed start hitting harder than LT, once you get some of the chains that is. (sidechain rocks :D )

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
VW is a very balanced class and "alround" class. You will notice laters though, that u can sometimes kill oranges flawless and very fast. While you sometimes can miss like 5-6 swings in a row on blues. It gets better at higher lvls though, as your scythe (bonus)and weaponskill gets better. Nothing to cry much about really. Thats the way the class works. Fun to see how you sometimes can kill yellows flawless in 3 fast hits with the sidechain. Sometimes works on oranges as well ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
CliffyG said:
I started up my baby VW last night, got him to 7 in about 2.5 hours. Can't believe how good its lifetap is considering how hard he hits with that scythe, does that carry through to later levels? Yellows are pretty easy to take down but i can stroll through blues. I was actually considering higher parry as i read that the parry chain does more damage than the evade chain. I don't want to drop Arb too much so would probably go for 38, i really don't like following the masses with my specs though :(.

I've met a few VWs in BGs 1 + 3, they seem about right in there TBH (the only place you're going to 1v1 pretty much any class). Sometimes they kick your ass, other times you kick theirs. That to me spells balanced class, so if you enjoy it, level with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom