Best shield for REavZoRs.....

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
What shield do u think is best for a slam reaver, i was thinking about that ml7 one or the one that drops from dragon... u others know any other good ones....

And another question is it so that a small shield can only block 1 attacker at the time meduim 2 attackers and large 3 ?? think i read somewhere that pin explained all this but cant find the post, so pin plz if u dont mind doing it again :)

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
All 3 shield types block equally good against 1 mob, but against several monsters large shield blocks the best.

Don't know the excakt calculations, but i'm sure Pin does.

The best shield is any small shield i'd say, as fast as possible :)

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
With small shield you can block 1 oppoent with medium 2 and with large 3. The problem with large shields is they have slower speed that will make your slam take more time. I go with the ML7 for my pally because I dont need to lvl it, Cyclops is pretty good else.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Treon said:
What shield do u think is best for a slam reaver, i was thinking about that ml7 one or the one that drops from dragon... u others know any other good ones....

And another question is it so that a small shield can only block 1 attacker at the time meduim 2 attackers and large 3 ?? think i read somewhere that pin explained all this but cant find the post, so pin plz if u dont mind doing it again :)

They all block equally as good, as explained above the medium shield blocks more on 2 people and large vs 3, if u going for large shield i would use Shield of khaos which is pretty nice or the ml7 dungeon shield, for small use crafted shield... well thats what i use anyway and useful for doing sc on template with the 4 extra slots :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Although shield size determines number of attackers you can block for yourself, apparently when guarding someone else you will block the same regardless of shield size...haven't tested this conclusively, though it seems to be true from trying different sizes in rvr (I always run with mp crafted small now - faster and less end use).

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I think there is some large one with the speed of a small one but not sure yet, still looking for it :)

With TOA I started with Khaos (big and slow) and then got the small one from ml7 an use those 2 mostly atm. If a fast large one existed it would be the best for me, but is there one? :)

Treon

Fledgling Freddie
ah oki still hard to decide go for the small dragon shield with nice utility and 2.5 speed or magma to block more attackers....hmmm see what mytemplate say about it :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
I think there is some large one with the speed of a small one but not sure yet, still looking for it :)

With TOA I started with Khaos (big and slow) and then got the small one from ml7 an use those 2 mostly atm. If a fast large one existed it would be the best for me, but is there one? :)

The Great Cobalt Doomwarder from Sidi - don't remember exact weight but basically is as fast as a small shield.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Ah, is this the Sidi shield that was involved in a certain lotto dispute featuring a certain Reaver? ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Ah, is this the Sidi shield that was involved in a certain lotto dispute featuring a certain Reaver? ;)

aha! :D

Hard to get one of those though. Hope I find something in TOA :)

Khartoum

Fledgling Freddie
Keep in mind shield speed also affects your abillity of blocking in the same way slow weapons have higher chance of being blocked/parried. Faster shield speed equals higher chance of defensive action, and a medium shield can be a better choice for RVR than a large one depending on your preferred way of playing - but then again, 7 dual wielding SBs can be tough even on a large large large shield :)

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Also the larger the shield the more End that is used in the the SLam .. well afaik.

so for those who are not pallys Pick wisely

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
If your after a good shield, the one that drops from ML3 mob is rather nice.
It's characteristics are of a small shield so therefore uses the same endurance that a small shield would. However the shields appearances are that of a large shield.

It comes in two flavors I think, small and large, equal stats, just different appareance, atleast this is whats been said on VN, however you can't always trust VN. :x

:wub:

Keep on going reavers! :x

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Khartoum said:
Keep in mind shield speed also affects your abillity of blocking in the same way slow weapons have higher chance of being blocked/parried.
They do?

As stated above larger shields block more opponents, use more end and have slower speeds.
For guard, shield size doesn't matter, can guard from muchos enemies with small shield. I'd say use a small shield normally and have a large shield handy for the few times you get 2+ enemies on you.

Khartoum

Fledgling Freddie
Rulke said:
They do?

As stated above larger shields block more opponents, use more end and have slower speeds.
For guard, shield size doesn't matter, can guard from muchos enemies with small shield. I'd say use a small shield normally and have a large shield handy for the few times you get 2+ enemies on you.

Randomness in all its honour, but when performing a long-time test with a 2.8 spd small shield VS a 3.1 spd small shield the amount of blocked attacks from both monster and player differed close to 13%. A similar test of 2H parry using a faster and a slower weapon revealed the same rule of result, in the exact same manner as faster weapons are less parried/blocked, while slower suffer the opposite.

Pure coincidence, perhaps.. I haven't seen any official statement explaining exactly how it works, though, I have only seen the results of the tests I've bothered doing, and 13% over a 15 minute period is a number too large for me to pass as coincidence.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Silmarwen said:
http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=14539

Arcanite Magma Infused Defender

Magical Bonuses:

Shields: +5 pts
Dexterity: 15 pts
Spirit Resist: 6%
ALL Primary Melee Skills: +3
Item Bonuses:
Armor factor (AF): 10
Magical Ability:
Function: Heal
Value: 80
Target: Self
Cast Time: 3.00 sec

That one is 3.8spd, I want a large one with max 3.5spd to be sure of max speed in hitting. As a 3.8spd I could keep on using Khaos I got leveled already :)

waok`whips said:
If your after a good shield, the one that drops from ML3 mob is rather nice.
It's characteristics are of a small shield so therefore uses the same endurance that a small shield would. However the shields appearances are that of a large shield.

It comes in two flavors I think, small and large, equal stats, just different appareance, atleast this is whats been said on VN, however you can't always trust VN. :x

:wub:

Keep on going reavers! :x

Well, I need one large one with fast speed, not a small one that looks like a large cause it won't help me at all! :)

Khartoum said:
Randomness in all its honour, but when performing a long-time test with a 2.8 spd small shield VS a 3.1 spd small shield the amount of blocked attacks from both monster and player differed close to 13%. A similar test of 2H parry using a faster and a slower weapon revealed the same rule of result, in the exact same manner as faster weapons are less parried/blocked, while slower suffer the opposite.

Pure coincidence, perhaps.. I haven't seen any official statement explaining exactly how it works, though, I have only seen the results of the tests I've bothered doing, and 13% over a 15 minute period is a number too large for me to pass as coincidence.

Hmm, that sounds rather interesting.

Either way, I want a fast large shield to offer best defence and fast slam/levis! :) So, I would say nerf mids for having this shield!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ilienwyn said:
That one is 3.8spd, I want a large one with max 3.5spd to be sure of max speed in hitting. As a 3.8spd I could keep on using Khaos I got leveled already :)

Well, I need one large one with fast speed, not a small one that looks like a large cause it won't help me at all! :)

Hmm, that sounds rather interesting.

Either way, I want a fast large shield to offer best defence and fast slam/levis! :) So, I would say nerf mids for having this shield!

both sidi and galla large shield has same speed as guthlac afaik (or atleast one of them if multiple large drops :p)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
As I said there is a very fast Sidi shield. Dunno how to paste links or pics but you can find it on Allakazham (Great Cobalt Doomwarder).

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, well good luck finding one of them I guess. Hoped TOA had something too...

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to use shield of khaos mainly cos it fitted into my template and was large, for some reason i like being a walking fotress against assassins :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
I was going to use shield of khaos mainly cos it fitted into my template and was large, for some reason i like being a walking fotress against assassins :)

And cos it looks good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom