Best Shaman Specc?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
What's the best Shaman specc out there and which will help 'kick-ass' in NF?

39 Cave, 37 Aug, 4 mend?
48 Aug, 23 Cave, 9 Mend?
47 Aug, 26 Mend, 5 cave?
43 Cave, 32 Aug, 6 mend?

Which one is better, and why? - Mainly for RVR.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
imo 44 aug (gets the no dmg ae conshear, wont break mezz etc.), 31 cave (ae rewt ftw) 4 mend (shammies are _not_ healers, and cure disease is in perfector-line)

edit: 39/37 variations on aug/cave is cool as well, depends what you wanna do :m00:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
there is no "best" shaman spec, play how you enjoy playing and what you are good at, not what others think will "kick-ass" imo :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Ormorof said:
there is no "best" shaman spec, play how you enjoy playing and what you are good at, not what others think will "kick-ass" imo :p

[I'm moving to US servers in 6 days ;o I need to know the best RvR specc... Hope no one can see this]

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

he specifically asked for that though :)

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
just because someone asks for it doesnt meant they should get it! :drink:
If you wanna gimp something, listen to Ormo.

Regarding spec... Currently the fotm spec is 44a 31c. (which suprisingly you didnt mention?) But, the blue ae dot is gonna bore you in NF, and so will the shaman class in it self, no more crit dots etc. You might wanna consider 39aug 37cave, you get all the single target shears, you loose out on the focus shield and end5 (which i understand from the VN boards is much more important "overthere" than here.)

Basicly, ask the yanks - My guess is 44a 31c 4m, or maybe 43a 31c and rest mend. Would be worthless, but... Its them! :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Cami said:

why NOT? if he likes that spec, let him :D

anyway i dont gimp every class i play, only zerker, hunter, shammy, thane, runie and sm fyi!

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
why NOT? if he likes that spec, let him :D

anyway i dont gimp every class i play, only zerker, hunter, shammy, thane, runie and sm fyi!
What else do you have? :p

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
coz i think shammy should "help" a bit healing, like a bard (well i play like that, maybe some bards havnt the heal spell in their QBars :) ), and with 4 mend would need all the power to full heal a tank for example

not high AUG coz i think if i have a shammy for RvR wont be a BB, if u want a 48-47 aug spec shammy thats a BB :eek:

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Khazar said:
coz i think shammy should "help" a bit healing, like a bard (well i play like that, maybe some bards havnt the heal spell in their QBars :) ), and with 4 mend would need all the power to full heal a tank for example

I heal for 250-350 on a baseline heal with 4(+18) mend. Wasnt alot more with 8 mend when i was 37a38c8m (think it was 8 anyway :p)

Khazar said:
not high AUG coz i think if i have a shammy for RvR wont be a BB, if u want a 48-47 aug spec shammy thats a BB :eek:

Using your own buffs does count for something, they cant be sheared, you dont have to rely on a buffbot. Shears are great, keeping a coupple of druids/clerics interupted w/o dex and dex/qui is rather easy ;)

Jakus Morgan

Fledgling Freddie
I like 41 Cave/32 Aug/14 Mend.

Gets red bolt & DD as well as yellow all else in cave line.
But still gets you end 4 to be group friendly.

But then I guess that's cos I'm a frustrated cave shammy. :p

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
Khazar said:
You havent time for heal and you have 3 healers whit you. and whit 4 mend + 20% heal + 11 mend you can heal fine :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
These new rvr aug spells ain't bad imo. And you need a high aug skill to be able to use the aoe ones. Haven't tho had a change yet to use em in rvr action much, so I cannot yet tell how good they are - but the idea - that you can debuff ppl from str/dex/acuity etc is nice :)

paldius

Fledgling Freddie
I like the 4mend 44 augm 31 cave spec.
Ok i heal crap (healing isnt my job), area dot is crap but even with high cave the heal field screws it up in keep takings.

Green area root still is enough to keep the pets bussy for some time, and in keep takings just rip as many buffs you can. I even thinking to test my old bb spec again so i can area rip all there buffs not only baslines but than the root stuff is realy crap :(

ps always fun to root a bait at mg and start area ripping his buffs and see all the stealthers arround him loosing there buffs aswel :)

feril

Fledgling Freddie
what class is best for a cave RvR shammie then.. Kobbie or frost?

kobbie has 70dex/60pie
Frost has 55dex/75pie

is kobbie the best tho shammies dont get any gain in dex?

Frust

Fledgling Freddie
feril said:
what class is best for a cave RvR shammie then.. Kobbie or frost?

kobbie has 70dex/60pie
Frost has 55dex/75pie

is kobbie the best tho shammies dont get any gain in dex?

Trolls ARE Shamans, Shamans ARE Trolls!!!

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
feril said:
isent the DDpells and bolts dmg pie based?
Aye, but what kinda damage do you think you are gonna do with 200 piety? ;)

Unless you plan on going full cave, which would be silly, considering you have the lowest piety of the dotters out there (not taking effect from acuity buff), you wont be able to crit on them, in NF, and dots are mostly useless with the healing fots and group cure dissease (not to mention 5 minute purge in NF) I would recommend a kibi :p

Trolls are made for classes that needs str, shammies dont.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
Not to mention, you loose out on mastery of the art in NF - so you wont be able to buy your way to cast speed via RA's ;)

Megga

Fledgling Freddie
I liked my 37 aug 37 cave 13 mend on my shaman :eek: with 0 pts left to boot even :cheers:

kani

Fledgling Freddie
when i started playing more active in RvR, i specced 41 cave, 32 aug, last bolt+dd was really fun agains caster enemies, especially luris ;) did around 600 with the bolt, kinda cool for a "non-caster" imo...
after a while i got the feeling my resists werent very good, and with 1.69's buff modifications and all, i respecced to 41 aug, 31 cave, 16 mend... worked really fine actually, tho spirit shell is a joke imo
..another reason for that spec were the 30% ress, but really, shamans dont get to ress in focused rvr :p
..so now i'm going 44 aug 31 cave, nice buff shear, nice resists(got the red Heat resist), and the end5 for tanks and those loosers who didnt get long wind at lvl 20 ;)

i like rp farming tho, so i spec my shammy for the grp, but if you're just gonna go keepraiding and with all those plans for NF, you might aswell go 46 cave, doesnt really matter, as long as you're happy with your spec

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
I would say kobbie for race as well, its alot easier to get +25 pie, +25 dex is quite abit harder, unless you go for some ROG drop :)

living

Fledgling Freddie
How would 50aug do, could imagen the dex/quick and str/con buff shear in ae form would be annoying to people attacking a keep :) And they do dmg too if i remember right

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
living said:
How would 50aug do, could imagen the dex/quick and str/con buff shear in ae form would be annoying to people attacking a keep :) And they do dmg too if i remember right
Well, it would be great regarding shears, but going that high aug (unless its a bb you play once in a while..) would be kinda dull, you loose out on some of the utility the cave line has to offer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom