Best realm abilities for warrior!

B

bredo

Ok i would greatly appreciate some inpu on how to best spend realm points as warrior in the start.

I currently am 1L5 and have spent my points in aug dex 1&2 and 1 point in mastery of pain. Is this a nice start?

I'd like to get stuff that helps me in pve too, as i can respec to pure rvr when i hit 50. But if some of the more experienced warriors out there could pls post how they specced, and what you consider the best way.

Thanks guys.

A

Arnor

nice start, get purge&ip, determination, mastery of parry, mastery of blocking and more mastery of pain. thats where your starting points :p should go imo

G

Generic Poster

Buy 'Whine' for 6 points. It costs 12 points in Alb/Hib, but it's cheaper for mids so more of them have it.

It's essential for Warriors, you need it to whine-spam the VN boards and cry until Mythic improves your class :p

S

SilverHood

Get Mastery of Blocking next
once you get enough points for IP, respec your realm abilities, and get it. Then do as arnor said

T

Tasans

Originally posted by Generic Poster
Buy 'Whine' for 6 points. It costs 12 points in Alb/Hib, but it's cheaper for mids so more of them have it.

It's essential for Warriors, you need it to whine-spam the VN boards and cry until Mythic improves your class :p

They made it baseline for albs at 1.50

B

bredo

How important are respecs later though? I was thinking since i need 11 pts for IP i could start saving up now instead of using respec at once i have enough. Or is one respec later enough?

If i start saving now i will have the 11 required for FA+IP at rr2L6, is that a late time to aquire it, or can i get there in a couple of dedicated days?

D

decline

its:

First Aid 1 --- 3 points
First Aid 2 --- 6 points
Ignore Pain - 8 points
----------------------------
total --------- 17 points

B

bredo

Ugh... so definately just spend on whatever suits me best right now, and then use a respec when i have 17 pts?

Just wondering how valuable respecs are later on.

S

SilverHood

depends if you fuck up or not :)

make a list of what you want, and get it, and there should be no problem

but go for PvE ones until you have enough for Fa2/IP at once.

The backtrack, and get Mastery of Pain, masteru of Blocking, Determination, etc

B

bredo

Ok another questions then :)

Is tireless any good to get? is it just regen in combat, or does it add to your regen outside of combat too, like shammy buff? And how much does it add to regen?

Wow that was alot of 'regen' ;)

E

elerand

Tireless doesn't actually help regen end out of combat any faster, moving constantly you get a small amount of end back and 1 lvl in it is perhaps worthwhile but don't be shocked if it's VERY slow, don't go past lvl 1 as the increase is hardly noticeable!

H

hellraisermk2

Purge is a must. It's saved my skin more times than any other ability.

I'd argue against IP. It is a nice skill, but I respecced out of it and went for passive abilities instead. IP is on a timer, so only useful when its up. Once it's gone, it ain't going to help you till the timer is back up.

Passive abilities will always be there. I'd personally reccomend Mastery of Blocking and Parry. If you get into a 1v1 with MoB/MoP you'll be damn hard to beat. In large scale RvR, I'd attribute my MoB 2 and MoP 2 to saving my skin more than IP did. (I have 42 shield/ 44 parry without item bonuses, so I'm a little more defense specced than most warriors)

Other one which you shouldn't be without is Determination (I think many reccomend taking it to level 4 minimum. I have it at level 2 at the moment and it does make a difference).

IP is nice, but like I say, I prefer the passive "always on" abilities to the ones on lengthy timers (purge is the exception as it's too damned useful at times).

B

bredo

Hmm interesting... Could i have some more experienced oppinions please :)

Is IP worth the immense 17rps it takes? maybe better to put those points in say regen/toughness or some other nice passives...?

I'd really appreciate if everyone could post how you spent your rps, and how it worked out.

H

Harm

Currently playing a warrior as my only character which is RR6L0 at the moment.

Before turning 50 i chose alot of abilities to help easen the leveling. Aug dex 2, and mastery of blocking/parry/pain was first priority. Also spent 1 pt in regeneration to reduce the downtime, and 1pt in tireless. It does not regen much endurance, but you often get in an extra low end cost style or two in the end.

After dinging 50, I respecced to First Aid, Ignore Pain and Purge, which are really important Ra's to have during RvR. Especially since the cost are that low for us pure tanks.

C

Cathul

I would say the most important realm abilities to get first are:

ignore pain
purge
determination
avoidance of magic
toughness
augmented constitution

All help living longer by increasing hitpoints, lessen damage taken by magic and reducing crowdcontrol.

After that increase defense first by speccing mastery of block or your offense by speccing mastery of pain. It depends on your role in your group. If you're a tank to protect your casters/healers, then go for mastery of block, if you're the one to chase down the opponents, go for mastery of pain.

Just my 0.02€

/Cathul

B

bredo

Well i'm kinda looking to get the stuff that helps with levelling first. But then again waiting with the expensive ones til later can be lame, as it takes longer to get points when you're higher up in the realm ranks.

C

Cala-more

dont respec at 1L7 m8 ... cause thats hardly any rp and u will s00n make more

B

bredo

YEah i have no plans to respec now... but should i just spend on pve stuff, and then respec FA+IP once i get 17 pts which should be at rr2L6?

H

Harm

I wouldn't advice you to do so. Rps goes quite steady at least pre RR4, and respecs are powerful and sought after stuff.

B

bredo

Define steady please :) I'm not one of those guys that think 3 months is fast.

If i have to constantly rvr daily for months to get to rr4 i will rather respec fast.

But basically what you are saying is that i should start to save up for fa2+ip now? It kinda hurts not getting any more realm abilities until i saved up 17 pts. I probably won't get those 17 until i'm 50 anyways, and it would be nice with stuff helping levelling.

H

Harm

Hehe, I see your point. Well, if all you do is leveling for the time being, you don't really need first aid, ignore pain or purge. They may occationally become useful in PvE, but they are strongly focused on RvR style of play.

Try picking some cheap RA's for helping you on your way to 50, and perhaps then decide if you want to respec or not. It's much more fun to RvR with even levels, both friends and enemies.

Generally, RA's that help lessening the downtime is good RA's.

I chose Aug dex2, mastery of blocking/parry/pain at start.

Ehm, steady? :)
Well, RR4 is afaik about 212,000 realm points. Think it should be reasonable for everyone but the most impatient to get there pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom