Best race for minstrel?

S

Smartypants

I was thinking about starting a minstrel character, but for the first time I can't decide what race to choose...

So what do you think? What is the best race for a minstrel, and why?

Thankful for any hint or advice.

/Smart

O

old.dittytwo

Originally posted by Smart
I was thinking about starting a minstrel character, but for the first time I can't decide what race to choose...

So what do you think? What is the best race for a minstrel, and why?

Thankful for any hint or advice.

/Smart

I personelly think that the highlander would be the best because of the stats (but i dont think that you can actually be a Minstrel)

I have peronelly gone for a briton called charcy
see you on the field of victory

K

Khalen

Just depends on what you wanna be.. A thruster, crusher or slasher.. My choice would be at least one of these 3:

Briton, Highlander, Saracen (also the only 3 able to be one I think)

M

Meatballs

If you are going the thrusting route, both highlanders and britons will have about equal dex/str if you put 10 points into their weaker stat (dex for highlanders, str for britons). 10 in con 10 in cha. Thrusting is based on dex/str.

With a highlander you have 10 more constitution, with a briton 10 more qui, and evade is based on your dex/qui.

I don't really see saracens is a good class to play if you are concerned with you're weaponskill, str is too low. They should be good evaders/blockers though but have poor con. Are song casting time based on dexterity like castings times are then saracens might be a bit stronger in that department?

If you are going slashing, the highlander will have 10 more str than a briton if you put points into it, and slashing is based on str. They have a higher base con as well. Again the briton should be evading more and blocking more as well because blocking is based on dex and you wouldn't put any points into dex in a slashing highlander template.

I have gone for a briton slashing template as you will be killing other stealthers (slashing has a bonus vs leather) more often than you will be attacking chain wearing tanks etc. You have stealth and runspeed so you can choose you're fights.
10 points in str 10 in con 10 in cha.

D

Danya

Couple of things... highlanders can be minstrels and minstrels are slash / thrust, NOT crush.
I chose slashing highlander for better stealther / caster killing. As for points 10 cha then wherever you feel like it. Evade is pretty overrated as you only get evade 2 anyway.

O

old.Kladen

of all things dont go slash. since u can only choose slash or thurst go thurst. and be a saracen. (thurst = +15% on scale and chain armour.)

and cloth there are no - for anything. and urll mostly be fighting chain/scale wearing people and casters and the odd archer and assiasne go for thurst

D

Danya

Actually I mostly fight casters and assassins / archers with the odd tank. Those tanks I fight are blue or lower anyway so the slash bonus is more useful to me than thrust would be.

M

Meatballs

if you're a minstrel I wouldn't go looking to pick fights with tanks. Stealth up, mezz them, kill their caster friend, run away ;)

D

Danya

Too right. Anyone who thinks they will be killing a lot of tanks with their minstrel will be seeing a lot of their bindstone. :p

A

Aeiedil

i seem to be saying this a lot, maybe i should have it in my sig

Bloody Minstrels

the best minstrel is a dead one ;)

anyway, you whip assasains butts, as i am sure Dannyn would love to tell you heh :p

A

Aeiedil

there, after much fiddling my new sig sums up my opinion on minstrels nicely ;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by Aeiedil

anyway, you whip assasains butts, as i am sure Dannyn would love to tell you heh :p

And rangers. Fought a yellow ranger today and didn't even bother to mez... easily killed him loosing very little hp ;)

Users who are viewing this thread