Fledgling Freddie
highlander
half ogre
briton
saracen

what do u think? help me out=)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Saracen, since str/con debuff will effect you the least of the 4 races because you will still have high dex which means high weaponskill still after the debuff has taken it's effect.

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
A briton is good aswell for a little bit more HP and IF you wanna go slash or crush in the future, you wont be as gimped :)

Saevus

Fledgling Freddie
imo... saracen best for thrust, but as Elahim said, briton would be good 2 and if you ever wanna respec you won't be gimped with briton ;)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
When not str debuffed the Half-Ogre will have more weaponskill on all weapontypes, yes with thrust too. When str debuffed they'll feel it >-< this much more, but only then.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
1/2 ogre slash merc 4 teh frontload

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
briton for all classes imo.
if your not going frontload arms or slash/crush merc that is or sorc :p

so Briton is best for Thrust merc.

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
When looking at thrust, its 50/50 (str/dex), so you have to check the weapon modifier...

Code:
......s   d  wm
ava  45  60  53
bri  60  60  60
h/o  90  40  65
hig  70  50  60
inc  50  70  60
sar  50  80  65

As you see both h/o and saracens have the same weapon modifier...

h/o's are butt ugly though...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
half-ogre

same thrust weaponskill as saracen, more hp than saracen OR brit and if u do ever wanna respec to slash/crush your 'wtfuberfotm' xD

ugly tho :m00:

Sigh

Fledgling Freddie
I've got a saracen thrust merc, and im regretting choosing it, i choose it along time before it was fotm, but now slash has group benefits, its missing 10 strengh against a briton;< go briton or half orge, for flexiablity.

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Advantage of the briton is, that while his dexterity his slightly lower, he has more constitution, which will keep him alive just that little longer than the Saracen.

Saracens on the other hand, have the advantage where it concerns dexterity, which gives them a small edge in damage.Since the damage dealt by thrust weapons is actually dependent on both strength and dexterity ( 80% on dexterity, tho), this difference is not that big, however

Personnaly, the slightly higher damage output of the saracen would make me chose the saracen.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I'm happy with mine's who is a briton,beside Britons looks soo much better than saracens :p

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
I'm happy with mine's who is a briton,beside Britons looks soo much better than saracens :p

pfft me > j00 in looks.

now come help me with shades of mist gimp :twak:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
1/2 ogre merc is best for thrust by far

same as sara with more hps and lower quick

since wepskill for thrust is (str+dex)/2

(50+80)/2 = 65 (saracen)
(90+40)/2 = 65 (1/2 ogre)

except 1/2 ogre got the advantage of low quick for nice frontload and more hps... and more erm encumberance :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
low quick for nice frontload

Evade is affected by qui, so you won't do that as much of course. And with lower buffed dex you won't have as much chance to parry either iirc

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
mercs need to be devensive?!?!?!?!

Seing as he wants a thrust merc, I'm guessing he wants to take advantage of dragonfang (even after nerf), which requires an evade as a pre-requisite.

I was only stating the facts :p

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
mercs hardly ever evade with evade I anyway...

hell im a mincer with capped dex/qui and buffed i hardly evade much with evade II .. :/

plus imo mercs go thrust to do more dmg vs chain wearers, and for the better positionals not always for df...

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
Imho, low quickness is bad for mercs... Fast hitting (preferably at 1.5s) with the slowest weapons possible, with a nice proc on it... Is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better for your damage output then hitting harder but way slower...

A savage quad hitting hurts, a savage quad hitting and also quad-proc'ing?

Front load doesnt totally work for a merc anyhow because they have quickness as 3rd stat... So it goes up per level...

Frontload is nice for 2H though...

And, mercs have 360 evade, so you do have a bigger chance to evade then a minstrel...

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Max qui and theurg haste & dps add for win...

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Saracen, since str/con debuff will effect you the least of the 4 races because you will still have high dex which means high weaponskill still after the debuff has taken it's effect.

Trolling the boards are we, Shanes :p

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Saracens seem to be top dogs for a lot of things (mercs, pallys, mages) these days since weapon/casting-speed has been realised as the most important factor to take into consideration...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
Frontload sucks

seconded, frontload is only good for people who need to get one big hit in now and then to help the assist train (group skald esp and possibly guardbots with 2h spec)

anyone else should cap qui because it increases the dmg over time by a lot

id say saracen is the best race because you can a) pretend to be an infil in odins gate :)D), b) you aren't as FUCKING ugly as a halfogre, c) you have the best ws after str/con debuff

if you ever want to respec, it's h-o definitely tho (for the ws ONLY :p)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
briton for the looks !! :wub:

Reloaded said:
merc owns most anyways lol so QQ more and roll the 6309856192361987645 merc k

stop met u te gedragen gelijk een 10 jarig kind spast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom